5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Boots
Published on July 16, 2012 by Ian Hill

3.0 out of 5 stars They look great, but make sure you know what you are buying
I was looking for a lightweight, awesome looking boot for hiking, rucking, etc. I am a minimal footwear guy, and the minimal heel drop and light weight appealed to me. I also wanted to look cool in them.

Published 12 months ago by Jason D. Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Boots, July 16, 2012
I live in Florida and frequently hike through very wet/swampy areas and have a difficult time finding a boots that can drain water and dry out fast enough to keep my feet comfortable. Water proof boots don't work in many of these areas because the water goes over the top of the boots and then they take forever to dry out and leave you with swamped feet. For a while I have been using Vietnam style jungle boots, but I sure am glad I found these as they are much more comfortable. The LSA Water boot drains water incredibly fast and also dry out extremely fast. In addition, they are very comfortable. The second day I had them I took them out into the sticks and wore them for about 8 hours and had no blisters or hot spots on my feet, and this was without any sort of break in period. They are great for warm weather climates because they breathe exceptionally well, keeping your feet quite cool. They are also very flexible and feel like you are wearing a comfortable sneaker more than a boot.
Overall, these boots are absolutely wonderful if you live in a wet and warm climate. I highly recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!, April 11, 2012
Very nice pair of boots. There was a discount and I got it for $65. It has holes on the bottom to extract water which means the water will come inside the boots by the same holes but it has a good quality and I love it. BTW I had no problem with it when i hiked in the Blue Mountains, Australia. Very comfortable, light weight and tough and it sticks to the ground even though it was quite wet in some areas.

3.0 out of 5 stars They look great, but make sure you know what you are buying, February 3, 2014
This review is from: Oakley Men's LSA Water Boot (Shoes)

First the good: They are light weight, they drain water perfectly, they fit well. They look super cool. You will feel like an operator in these, even though you are probably not one.

The Bad: If you order these boots... please keep this in mind... and you know this, but seriously... keep it in mind. You are buying a pair of boots that have a bunch of holes in the bottom of them. There is no magical one way valve, there are little screens to keep out big stuff, but other than that anything you step on is going into the boot. Mud, sand, water, vomit, radioactive sludge etc. They dry out really fast, and that's a good thing because they get your socks soggy and covered in mud instantly. I can't imagine how they do in sand.

Also, they have nothing inside of them to keep the leather seams etc, from rubbing on your ankles and feet. Mine are super comfy to walk around in, but after a 10mile ruck, I had nice fat gashes/blisters under both of my ankle bones that corresponded exactly with the leather pieces inside the shoe. No bueno. Also the laces are crap. They get all twisted and what not.

I am sure they are great if you are going to use them with flippers and invade a swamp somewhere, but if you are planning on hiking around in them and want to keep your feet dry and dirt free, you might want a pair that doesn't have holes in the bottom, and some protection for your ankle skin.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good garrison boot, September 22, 2013
John Whipple (Luna Free Republic) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oakley Men's LSA Water Boot (Shoes)
I bought these boots from the Oakely retailer in Bagram Afghanistan and so far they are a great pair off boots. I did have the chance to try them on before I bought them and I'm glad because they were seem to run a little small I normally wear a size 12 and I got these in 12.5. I have only worn them around Bagram because they are very light weight and I'm sure if I took them on patrol outside the wire they would get torn up fairly quickly so I wear them around post to give my feet a break from my more rugged boots. Because they are designed to release moisture my feet never get overly hot or sweaty. I am looking forward to getting back home and taking them kayaking the soles are fairly sturdy and with the drain plugs I'm positive they will work fantastically as a pair of water shoes

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Boot - Lightweight, June 21, 2013
Nice fitting lightweight boot right out of the box. I was impressed with how light these boots are, after 10 hours on your feet that means alot. Like em alot.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, January 30, 2014
Light and good. quite durable and comfortable when wearing. water does go in but it dry up very fast and it is very nice

5.0 out of 5 stars Talk about some great boots, January 19, 2014
Took these bad boys out to the field and I'm surprised they handled the experience as well as they did. Talk about some great quality.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not add expected but good for other use, October 11, 2013
Well' I did want to use them in territory were there's gonna be dirt dust, don't recommend to use them there is going to get your feet socks dusty since there's vent holes on bottom sole, Bit hey they are called "water boots" also they foot someway small recommend half size bigger, they not wide enough, going to use when rainy days.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far ok, September 19, 2013
so far ok
only had them a few days. Used them around house and washing cars, drain quick. .Worked good with my orthotics . Will try them out snorkeling in December .

5.0 out of 5 stars Light, breathable, comfortable, and great for water!, June 20, 2013
I've had these boots for about two months now, and I love them. They are the lightest hiking boots I've ever owned. They feel tight for the first 10 minutes or so, then you forget that you are even wearing shoes. They are great on dry land, and just as good going through wet terrain. They drain faster than any shoe I've ever worn. The only thing I didn't like were the shoelaces. They are pretty cheap for a $100 boot, but not a big deal. I bought a set of $2.00 laces and that was that.

Oakley Men's LSA Water Boot