4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bag, but with room for improvement.
Published on December 27, 2011 by Adam

3.0 out of 5 stars Could Be Better
I'm a big fan of Oakley products, but I had a big disappointment with this backpack. It has a good design with a good amount of pockets. However, the finish of the backpack is poor. Has no inner lining nor inner organization for pens. Also it does not have a shield on the bottom to reinforcement.
Published 10 months ago by Gustavo Tokimatsu Hata

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bag, but with room for improvement., December 27, 2011
Adam (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oakley Men's Mechanism Backpack (Sports)
Love this bag for a daily carry. I get snickers all the time as my friends think I have a parachute stuffed in there, but for practical purposes, the bag carries what I need, keeps it organized, and looks great. I've had this pack for almost a year and durability doesn't seem like it will ever been an issue. Still looks brand new, still feels as tough as the day I got it. The shoulder straps have broken in to the point that they are very comfortable but still retain the durable feel that they had when I got the pack.

The only request I would have for the designers on this bag would be some straps/loops to attach some things to the exterior of the bag. Laptop compartment fits a 15 inch pc perfectly. Not sure you could squeeze a 17 inch in there.

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect Alice Pack for travel, September 22, 2012
This review is from: Oakley Men's Mechanism Backpack (Sports)
For those of you that have carried and lived out of an Alice Pack you know that I am talking about a versatile ruck sack that had pockets and pouches to organize everything. This pack is the best replacement for the Alice Pack for civilian use. Fits under an airline seat or in the overhead compartment. Pockets for easy access to head phones or whatever else without having to dig deep. I have read other reviews that slam Oakley for the material and design of the Oakley 3.0 and I strongly disagree. I travel for a living and this is the last computer bag/day and a half pack I will ever buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice back pack, August 2, 2012
This review is from: Oakley Men's Mechanism Backpack (Sports)
I liked the color and the disign; the style is perfect, I wish it could be a little bigger on the main storage

5.0 out of 5 stars A real perspective, May 4, 2013
Most of the time when I read ratings on any product I wonder how many of the company's employees have left those comments, lol, but I am a big believer in reading reviews to get an idea of what people liked and what their expectations of the product were. To be honest its hard to have huge expectations when ordering a product on line that you have never seen up close. Example; I recently went to NYC and visited the Oakley store. I actually got my hands on the SI bag that is more of a messenger bag, very pricey, as is this bag but its much more bag than I needed. Had I not had that experience I wouldn't have anything to compare this bag to and may not have purchased on line. I'm thankful that I did have the experience because I got a great bag out of it. The ap pack is awesome aesthetically but has some functional flaws that may or may not bother the every day user. The front pocket bellow the Oakley patch is just an open carry pocket with no organization in it so if you want to carry pens or a small USB it will all be cluttered in there together. Not a big draw back for me but something I would have liked. Next the material is definitely a grade above the rest and sturdy. The materials used for this bag were very well thought out in its design and I love the hardware accents used on it. The one thing I liked that you can't see from the picture is that on each metal piece is the Oakley "O" imprinted. The shoulder straps are super comfortable and I can carry two laptops with out any discomfort. The interior of the bag is pretty sweet with the Oakley "O" in the design plus if you do have a laptop there is a nice built in carrying case for you. I know it says it can fit up to a 17" laptop in there but to be honest my 15" widescreen fit it just perfect and I'm not to sure a 17" could fit in there. The two top pockets are extremely soft on the inside to carry valuables while the other 4 pockets can carry multimedia stuff pretty well. Oh, the back cushion is extremely nice and soft which for me being 6'3 was a must as bags I've had in the past would rub my lower back making for an uncomfortable carry. All in all this is an awesome back if you have little desire for organization but want a bag that is simple to carry multiple devices without having to have a bulky bag on your back. Its slimmer than it looks so you won't be carrying your gym stuff with a computer. For me, a bag that i can use to carry my hardware to and from work this is a great bag. Can't make your choice for you but wanted to give you some feedback on the items that stuck out to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is some backpack, December 8, 2012
D.Negron (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oakley Men's Mechanism Backpack (Sports)
I work on the nyc subway and I needed a durable backpack so i came across this one. No one else on the subway system has this bag which was another reason why I bought this. Everyone has Swiss Army, I want to be different. This bag has a ton of pockets, strorage and is exreemly durable. Takes a beating everyday while I work on the NYC Subways and comes out looking better than me after 8 hours of dealing with annoying passengers (YES YOU!)

Buy this bag its the best thing you will ever do. Stand clear of the clsing doors..........

5.0 out of 5 stars Oakley Is The Toppps, September 16, 2011
This review is from: Oakley Men's Mechanism Backpack (Sports)
I've never gone wrong with Oakley backpacks, and this one is no different. Love the access this gives you, the numerous pockets give lots of storage... yet makes it slim enough to carry around. I personally use this as my everyday pack.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought there was more to it, October 16, 2012
This review is from: Oakley Men's Mechanism Backpack (Sports)
I looked and compared all backpacks and I found the Oakley to be the best . But for $150 there could be more besides the "name" . Don't get me wrong I love it but I would of ratcheted spent extra $20 on couple other ones I was looking at. Second the front pouch that has a zipper when you zipper it catches on all off this loose thread, so I took a lighter and burned off problem fixed.

5.0 out of 5 stars lived through a full year, June 23, 2014
H's mom "cewm" (sheridan illinois) - See all my reviews
lived througha full year of school and bus riding .. expecting a good 2+ more years. good closures .. lots of room plenty of pockets

5.0 out of 5 stars My husband is very happy!, June 10, 2014
I had looked forever for a sturdy durable pack for my husband. Finally after all my research and showing him options he liked the way this one looked, pricier than other packs but so far it has held up. He has been using it since Jan and he is pretty rough on everything so I am impressed that it has held up this long! My husband takes this to work and when he travels. He likes all the compartments and the latches in the front allows him to hang a sweatshirt through the top.
Bottom line It not only looks cool but is functional and durable!

2.0 out of 5 stars So-so, April 24, 2014
Not what I expected. I mean, it's still a cool looking bag, but I expected a bigger bag. Have other Oakley bags and they are better.