4.0 out of 5 stars Pass on these if you have a wider face
These are very light-weight and have great optics. Unfortunately though, they were just too snug on my head. My head isn't particularly wide, but these are clearly meant for someone smaller. I returned them and got the Flak Jackets instead. The Flak Jackets fit great. My advice, if you have a smaller face the halfs are fine. If not, check out the Flaks instead.
Published on August 19, 2012 by C. Cook

3.0 out of 5 stars older ones are better
it oakley so it is still good quality but i feel like my 8 year old oakleys feel more comfortable on my face than these
Published 7 months ago by Marc S. Rogner

4.0 out of 5 stars Pass on these if you have a wider face, August 19, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Sunglasses!, June 19, 2012
Over the years, I have owned a number of sunglasses from Bolle to Oakley to Spy. Oakley is the best glasses I have owned. They are comfortable, stylish, and stand up to the wear of use and longevity.

Pros:
- Comfortable
- Light Weight
- Durable
- Crystal Clear with the Polarized Lenses

Cons:
- Pricy

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, make no mistake., June 18, 2012
I don't understand the negative reviews, these are great. A new version of the Half Jacket, they fill a perfect niche between the Flack Jacket and Half Jacket. I found the quality to be equally excellent as other Oakleys I have owned. I believe "oval" in the description refers to the frames and not the lenses. The pictures and desriptions clearly show if the lenses are the traditional rounded, or the larger XL or XLJ which are more angular. I have waited a long time for Oakley to come out with the G30 lense (golf specific)in a polarized version, so these are perfect for me. An added bonus is that the lenses are interchangeable with the very popular Oakley Flack Jacket frames, which gives you a lot options.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for narrow faces, June 20, 2013
This review is from: Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 Sunglasses (Eyewear)
I am an avid runner and bought these to replace another brand that broke after about a year and 1/2 of use. The half jacket is very light weight and comfortable. My first run with these was 19 mile trail run that climbed about 3000 feet in elevation. The half jacket never bounced around, slipped, and stayed comfortable for the entire run. For a fitted hat, I wear about a size 7....sometimes a 6 and 7/8 and these sunglasses have just a little room, but fit very well. If you have a wider face you will probably want to look at the other models. For me, I am happy to be back in a pair of Oakley's and will probably stay with them from now on.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid sunglasses if you don't have a wide face, July 27, 2014
Jeet (Chicago, Illinois) - See all my reviews
Overall, I am please with these sunglasses. They look very stylish yet are sporty enough to wear them in most occasions. They also fit very snugly and won't fall off very easily. With that being said, they are not made for people who have wider faces. For people who have wider faces, they should look at the Oakley Flak Jacket XLJ. The lenses are a bit wider so they fit the wider faces.

These sunglasses are definitely made for skinner faces. With that being said. I do like the overall look of these. They have lasted me almost 3 years now, and as long as you take good care of them, they will last forever. I have the polished black and black iridium lens combo and I think this is the most classic look. I am not a huge fan of all those weird color combinations (like white frames for example) so I like to stick with the classics. They come in a very hard case which does a fantastic job of protecting the sunglasses. I've put them at the bottom of 50lb suitcases before and the entire case is still intact with no dented or anything.

Another thing that I do appreciate are exchanging out the lenses. Somewhere, my lens got scratched and thought that that was the end of those sunglasses, but I found some lens on ebay and they were able to snap right in perfectly and they looked brand new again!

Bottom line: If you have a wider face, look at the XLJ Oakleys. If you have a narrow face, these will look very good and you will be very happy with this pair of sunglasses.

If you have any questions feel free to ask me and I would be more than happy to help out!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and stylish, December 18, 2013
Purchased these as a gift for my husband. They are well worth the cost- well-built and sturdy, they're also very good-looking. My husband does have a narrow face so they fit perfectly but I could see how someone with a wider face (like myself) might find them uncomfortable.

Only drawback is there is zero wrap to the side so any sun on the sides isn't blocked at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars expected similar as iridium shade, July 31, 2013
This review is from: Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 Sunglasses (Eyewear)
the non polarized finish is not as good as iridium quality. should try the first. but in the other hand i might be used to the iridium shade as my former 5 oakley has been gold iridium

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid Sunglasses, July 16, 2013
Got these for my Girlfriend at an unbeatable price, would have been 180 in a sunglass hut. Only downside is the soft case given the general fragility of oakleys in general

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice look, December 18, 2013
They fit perfect and are very lightweight good price also. Len is nice and dark to protect from sun.good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Oakley's. Couldn't be happier., August 28, 2014
This review is from: Oakley Half Jacket 2.0 Sunglasses (Eyewear)
I have worn premium sunglasses for many years, mostly metal frames and glass lenses.
I liked the looks of these glasses, so -- I bought my first pair of Oakley's. They are fabulous. Very light weight and comfortable to wear. Lens quality is good.
I like them so well I bought a second pair with a different frame color.
The lenses are a bit small but, just right for me.
If you have a larger head, you might want to consider a different style but, stick with Oakley. You will not be disappointed.