4.0 out of 5 stars Nice But Some listed Not Polarized
Nice sunglasses but beware some are NOT POLARIZED as listed.
Published on July 26, 2011 by Honest Rob

3.0 out of 5 stars Black Iridium Polarized
The glasses I bought are no longer available in the pull-down menus here. The glasses I purchased are Oakley Pit Bull Polished Black Iridium Polarized. It appears the polarized ones are not offered here on this particular link anymore.

Published 13 months ago by D.J.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice But Some listed Not Polarized, July 26, 2011
Nice sunglasses but beware some are NOT POLARIZED as listed.
When I purchased these Amazon had nine different pairs listed as Oakley Men's Pit Bull Polarized Sunglasses, Oakley's website only list six pairs polarized. maybe oakley does not have some in stock? Anyway, the ones I bought were not polarized. Hopefully Amazon will have corrected this by the time you read this.

I bought the Crystal Black Frame/Black Iridium Lens from the list and the item description says polarized but they are not. Oakley actually prints POLARIZED on bottom of the left lens, right if you are looking at them. If you go to the Oakley official site you will notice some colorways are not offered polarized. (I should have before I purchased).
Here's the list when I checked it out...

Not Polarized
SKU#OO9127-01 Brown Tortoise w/Dark Bronze
SKU#OO9127-02 Crystal Black w/Black Iridium - (the ones I purchased)
SKU#OO9127-03 Gunmetal FMJ w/Fire Iridium
SKU#OO9127-04 Matte Black w/Warm Grey

Polarized
SKU#OO9127-05 Metallic Black w/OO Black Iridium Polarized
SKU#OO9127-06 Polished Black w/Black Iridium Polarized
SKU#OO9127-07 Matte White w/OO Red Iridium Polarized
SKU#OO9127-08 Polished Rootbeer w/Tungsten Iridium Polarized

Not sure about these two as they were listed at one time.
SKU#OO9127-09 Polished Black w/Deep Blue Polarized
SKU#OO9127-10 Polished Black w/Shallow Blue Polarized

Again, don't know how accurate that list is but the ones I purchased listed as polarized were not.

I like mine and may keep them anyway and use my Fuel Cell polarized pair for when I'm on the water. These are one of Oakleys newest release (April 2011.
Please be aware the item description says - Face Size: large. These are slightly larger than my Fuel Cell's. It seems the trend with Oakley lately is to go bigger lens and frames.

If you like the style and need a pair of sunglasses that will stay on your head (Nose /Temple Pads) while active then these just may be the right ones for you. They are large as stated before but fit my head nicely, light weight and comfortable. Good eye protection as you know Oakley lenses will not shatter. The Polarized may be your best choice but they do have a few drawbacks such as not being able to read LCD displays, GPS, Radio display, Cell Phone, etc. Some people complain the polarized have a rainbow effect when looking through clear or tinted windows or shield. Also some motorcyclist prefer the non-polarized because they can see oil slicks on the road better as the polarized diminish the glare of the oil slick.

Also be sure of what color of lens you choose because it makes a big difference. Here's an article you may like to read about it. - Choosing the Best Sunglass Lens Color
[..]

Overall I'm still not sure Oakleys are worth the price difference of a nice $20 or $30 pair of polarized sunglasses. Perhaps better eye protection and clearer lenses?
You can see a video on youtube titled
Why are Oakley Sunglasses so Great? - Part 1: Stress and Part 2: Clarity
check it out for yourself. [..]

3.0 out of 5 stars Black Iridium Polarized, November 29, 2013

Coming from a pair of Polarized Oakley Straight Jackets, I was hoping for similar quality with a slightly different style. What I got was less than that. The arms have some semi sloppy hinges that are annoying. It doesn't affect anything while wearing them, but I noticed it immediately after unboxing these. The next issue is about scratching the lenses. I've had the Straight Jackets for over 2 years and have only one teeny little scratch that you have to know about to see. These Pit Bulls have several visible scratches after only a couple months. There are 3 possibilities for this, and it could be any of them. 1) I just got really unlucky about getting scratches so quickly. 2) The lenses are of lesser quality and simply scratch easier. 3) The larger size of the lenses may expose more of the curve past the frames, making it more vulnerable to contact.

The scratching issue is a neutral topic that would be unfair of me to subtract stars about, given that I have no proof the lenses are of lesser quality. However for $190, the jiggly sloppy arm hinges are inexcusable. For that kind of money, and with the Oakley reputation, these should have never made it past the QA dept. I prefer to spend extra cash to get higher quality stuff, when it counts. Here I feel I just lost $150 on a pair of run-of-the-mill $40 glasses.

Having said all that, I will only subtract 2 stars. If I was unhappy with the purchase, I should have returned back to Amazon. That's my fault.

3.0 out of 5 stars it's okay, January 6, 2013
little bulky..but it's okay. Great value for Oakley. great clarity. Like the color and lens. I wish the price was the same for all colors

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks awesome, fits even better!, August 16, 2011
I love these sunglasses! They are far more comfortable than my Oakley's Half Jackets, probably because I have a rather large head. They provide a nice comfy fit and adequate sun protection. Note: I did get the crystal black frames, which is NOT polarized, but that isn't a huge deal for me, unlike some other people.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sunglasses are meant to buy in a real store, October 11, 2014
Found out this Oakley are really bulky. They are bigger than the Straight and the Monster Dog which i used to wear before. If you want to buy this sunglasses try them on in a store before ordering through Amazon. Even though quality wise they are okay I would have returned them as they do not fit my face well. Unfortunately i cannot return them as i ordered from overseas

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, July 7, 2014
Awesome fit and clarity.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, May 17, 2014
Excellent glasses, great fit. Brought these after a friend let me try on his. They fit well and completely, no light gets in around the edges and the lenses don't distort your vision.

5.0 out of 5 stars These are definitely larger frames.., March 20, 2014
Was super excited to see that the glasses I received were polarized even though that wasn't expected or advertised. Very happy with them..

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought the Pit Bull's as a replacement for my stolen Monster Dogs, January 15, 2014
Regrettably, someone broke into my truck and stole my work bag with my Oakley Monster Dogs amongst other items in the bag. The Monster Dogs have been my "go-to" glasses for years and was dissappointed to find out they have been discontinued. I picked up a pair of Pit Bulls and I like them quite a bit but they are a little larger and maybe a little less conducive to sports.

4.0 out of 5 stars it's not asian fit, December 31, 2013
it's inter fit. purchase carefully! and it's big lens. but good price 86usd. but not asian fit so i had to sell it .

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›