The Iconic Oakley Fives Squared
If the world wasn’t made to fit you, you’re in good company. The legends of action sports go through life reveling in originality and crushing conventional ideas beyond recognition. If ordinary sunglasses just don’t fit, Fives Squared is the answer. Unlike conventional sunglasses that stick out at the sides, this frame uses Condensed Cranial Geometry for a tapered architecture that feels as good as it looks and it’s a look that soaks sophistication in adrenalin. Dimensional reliefs, metal icons and sculpturally integrated hinges take the whole idea of street-smooth style and amp it with attitude.
Oakley’s Three-Point Fit maximizes comfort while holding the lenses in precise optical alignment, letting the innovations of High Definition Optics® (HDO®) do their work. Optical performance and impact protection meet ANSI Z87.1 standards, and with 8.75 base lens curvature, you’ll have extended peripheral vision and improved side protection against sun, wind and impact. Patented XYZ Optics® helps keep vision sharp at every angle of view. Oakley engineered this sunglass with durable yet lightweight O Matter® and matched it with pure Plutonite® lenses that filter out all UV.
Additional options include Iridium® coated lenses that precisely balance light transmission and reduce glare, as well as Oakley polarized lenses that kill 99% of glare without muddying your vision with the haze and distortion found with ordinary polarized lenses. Sometimes truer color recognition is essential, like when you’re biking down a mountain and you need to see where the brown of the trail meets the green of the shrubs. Available lenses that help maintain color recognition include Warm Grey, Black Iridium® and Black Iridium® Polarized for bright sun, or Grey for medium bright light. When you need visual contrast and enhanced depth perception, your best choice is Dark Bronze or Bronze Polarized, both of which work well in bright sunlight.
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter® frame material
- Comfortable fit on small to medium faces via condensed cranial geometry
- Precision and durability of sculpturally integrated hinge mechanisms with dual action CAM
- Optimized peripheral vision and side protection of 8.75 base lens curvature
- Comfort and Performance of Three-Point Fit that holds lenses in precise optical alignment
- Metal Square O Icon design
- Optical precision and performance that meets ANSI Z87.1 standards
- Impact resistance that meets ANSI Z87.1 basic impact standards
- Maximum clarity at all angles of vision with patented XYZ Optics®
- UV protection of Plutonite® lens material that filters out 100% of UVA / UVB / UVC & harmful blue light up to 400 nm
High Definition Optics
Premium Frame Materials
Fives Squared HDO is a combination of technologies and patented innovations that give you clearer, sharper, and more accurate vision. HDO virtually eliminates distortion common in high-wrapped sunglasses.
Fives Squared Plutonite filters out 100% of UVA, UVB, UVC, and harmful blue light up to 400nm.
Fives Squared lenses are tested under extreme circumstances to guarantee superior portection against objects at varying speeds that no other lens offers.
Oakley has sought out the best materials to design and engineer all frames to provide the ultimate in performance, comfort, and design.