Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Oakley Men's Straight Jacket Iridium N Sunglasses
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 19, 2010
I love my Oakley straight jacket and have been buying this style of Oakley for around 15 years now if not more. They fit my head like a glove and seem indestructible. Each pair last easily over 3 years and that's been worn every day at home at work bumping into things being dropped etc. Only bought these new ones because I wanted to have two pair one for work/sport the other for leisure and driving.
on December 29, 2014
I've owned many Oakleys before, A wire, C wire to name a few and I've liked them all but for some reason they always end up with a big scratch right down the middle in one of the lenses and it is usually from a key so I had to get a new pair and decided to go with the Straight Jacket. I use these for flying which is a must and this model is perfect for that because it encompasses the whole eye area, not letting light get in. It fits nice and feels like a feather when wearing it for extended periods. I wear them on 6+ hour flights and can't even feel them. The only negative point I've seen since wearing them for the past year is that it blocks your peripheral vision so when driving, you have to turn your head a little to make sure there are no cars next to you. Other than that it is an excellent Oakley.
on August 26, 2015
These fit me very well and are very light weight. Shipping was quick and the price was the lowest I could find. I've owned several pairs of Oakley sunglasses over the years. These are just as nice as previous pairs I've owned.
on June 21, 2015
Oakley!! Really- I think that about sums it up- they haven't been around this long because they're doing sunglasses wrong. 100 Stars! The only reason for this purchase is because I lost my other pair- they didn't break- they weren't defective- they were lost.
on April 26, 2015
I saved almost $100 by buying these here, rather than buying them in the local store. The fit is great and I like how they are "Smoked" and not black, so they don't get hot like the black ones do.
on January 31, 2015
My second pair of Oakleys and the lenses are not wearing as well as I expected. Love the style, fit and durability of the frame, but the lens get a film or blurred spot after a while and it can't be removed and is out of warranty.
on December 9, 2012
$100+ is a lot for a pair of sunglasses, but it was well worth the investment. I would most often use cheap $10 pairs of sunglasses that would break after a couple months and broke my most recent pair. I decided to take the chance in the investment and was glad I went with Oakley.

The sunglasses (Polished Black/Black Iridium) are sturdy, comfortable, and work very nicely. They are a comfortable mix of shade without being too tinted. There's a little rubber on the inside that sits well on my head. I have forgotten that I am wearing them at times while driving. Recommended.
on March 31, 2014
Bought these for my husband and he just loves them. In fact, he babies them because of how much we spent on them. His face shape makes it hard to find sunglasses that really look good on him so these were a huge score! Couldn't be happier with the product.
on October 14, 2011
This review is for the Smoke Gray frame with Black Iridium lenses.

This is my second pair of Oakely SJs. The frames are sturdy, hug the head firmly but not too tightly, and stay in place through even vigorous activity. They have proved themselves to be quite durable. Though it is subjective, I think they are attractive and appropriate with all but professional attire.

These particular frames (Smoke Gray) are pretty cool: transparent gray off the head, but look virtually black when worn. Weird. The lenses (Black Iridium) are a standard dark gray. They are nice for a sunny or extremely sunny day. They don't seem too dark to me, but others think they are too dark. The tint is pretty neutral, almost a little on the cold side in that they flatten out contrast a bit and make colors seem a bit muted. Like other Oakley lenses I have tried, these are very resistant to flare (bright flashes/glare when at certain angles to the sun), very resistant to showing unwanted reflections on the lens' inner surfaces, etc. In other words, good optical quality.

I've not tried the polarized version of these lenses, but imagine that if glare bothers you (esp if you spend a lot of time on or near water and other highly reflective surfaces), they may be the better option - though Revo and Maui Jim offer polarized lenses that are nearly as good as Oakley's and at competitive prices. I would have bought the polarized version, but these were so much less money and glare is not a big problem for me.
on October 27, 2015
Great sunglasses. I particularly like the G30 lenses which really make everything pop and sharpen up the contrast nicely. One thing to note is that these are great for less bright situations and on bright sunny days I wear other lenses. These also do not hide your eyes ask that well. The frames are typical oakley quality - they look and feel great.