4.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of sunglasses
Published 8 months ago by Maran Subramaniam

1.0 out of 5 stars Lenses are very sensitive and very easy to get scratched
I bought this glasses less than 6 months ago and paint on the frame is already coming out. Lenses are very sensitive and very easy to get scratched. Even though it does protect from the sun and prevent harmful rays, yet it is not as practical as you expect for that price. There are cheaper ones that are better in quality.
Published 16 days ago by Johnny Nasrallah

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great pair of sunglasses, December 30, 2013
This review is from: Oakley Whisker Polarized Sunglasses (Eyewear)
I have always loved Oakley products, especially their polarized sunglasses. I've previously owned a polarized Half-Jacket which I misplaced - then went ahead and bought a couple of other cheaper polarized sunglasses. Needless to say, after experiencing Oakley, none of those were really good enough. I really missed the quality of the polarized lenses and the comfort of my lost Oakley. I guess there is a reason that Oakley products cost so much (and boy do they cost a bomb! I had to convince myself over many times to get another pair).

This polarized Whisker is officially my second pair of Oakley sunglasses and from the moment I put it on, I knew I was going to love it. I've had it for over 6 months now, and still look forward to putting it on every chance I get. Don't let the thin-looking frames fool you, they are pretty tough and extremely comfortable to wear (though I would still advise against lumping them together in a bag with other hard stuff). I mainly use it while driving, and they do an excellent job of cutting the glares and reflections from other vehicles. They are also great when at the beach or other sunny spots - I live in a tropical country so when I say sunny, it gets very bright, especially at mid-day. At times like that, nothing beats the look and comfort of these Oakley sunglasses.

The sunglasses come with a soft micro-fiber pouch that also doubles as a cleaning cloth and this is where I feel compelled to remove the 5th star. For a pair of premium sunglasses that costs this much, Oakley could have at least provided a sturdy / hard case free of charge, because if you are not extra careful it's easy to get the lenses scratched.

All things said, these are definitely the best sunglasses I have ever owned. When it reaches its end of life, I would probably still go out and get another pair of Oakley!

5.0 out of 5 stars That older pair was fine, but I would have graded it a 4 ..., August 23, 2014
This review is from: Oakley Whisker Polarized Sunglasses (Eyewear)
I bought these to replace another pair of Oakley Whiskers that I had lost while traveling. That older pair was fine, but I would have graded it a 4 or maybe 3.5 because of several irritating flaws. These Oakley Whiskers are absolutely fantastic. They are much better built than my old pair: the glass is thicker and darker, the frame much more rigid, the soft covering of the branches much thicker (triangular section instead of flat). It's so much better that I am beginning to wonder if my earlier pair was a fake (admittedly I bought it in Hong Kong, but at a store of a reputable chain of optical goods). In any case, I have only positive things to say about these Oakleys. They are light, yet sturdy. I can wear them for hours and completely forget they are there. The coating of the glass is very high quality, does not get dirty much as is very easy to clean. I would definitely buy these again.

5.0 out of 5 stars On my 4th pair now. My fault not theirs ;-), July 26, 2014
I started out with the very similar Oakley Why 8.0 and then Why 8.1s years ago and now use the Whiskers. The frames are IMPOSSIBLY strong for their crazy thin profile. The lenses are crisp and clear. I love how they fit and the quality is top notch. I just left a pair somewhere in Broken Bow lake in OK, so it was time to order a replacement as soon as I got home.

Worth the price for quality frames and optics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, June 29, 2014
I bought these to replace a pair of Oakley Tightropes (loved them - but they are getting hard to find). Everything I expect from Oakley

5.0 out of 5 stars Good one, May 30, 2014
I've previously had this these sunglasses and they fit well. These new ones actually feel a little lighter than my previous ones but probably just my imagination.

5.0 out of 5 stars Modern, March 13, 2014
This review is from: Oakley Whisker Polarized Sunglasses (Eyewear)
Purchased for my husband for Christmas. He has always worn Oakley sun glasses. Very good quality. Well worth the purchase price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, December 25, 2013
I love these sunglasses. I can not recommend them highly enough. Great frames, really good lenses and large enough in size they cover the entire eye.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost 5!, December 18, 2013
This review is from: Oakley Whisker Polarized Sunglasses (Eyewear)
I bought these sunglasses to replace my old ones, that is same model. Design is very nice, but need to improve quality of polarized lining. My old one started to peel off lining on top of the lens just some months after starting using.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Oakleys, December 12, 2013
This review is from: Oakley Whisker Polarized Sunglasses (Eyewear)
Love oakleys. These are really nice and comfyut the style doesnt look all that great on me but thats my own fault for ordering without being able to try on. Still love them tho!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent optics!, September 6, 2013
This review is from: Oakley Whisker Polarized Sunglasses (Eyewear)
Had problems finding these optics at local retailers. They are not the new trendy ones but frankly I think those look like garbage. Good fit and not too tight for a slightly wider than average head.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›