4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice glasses but quite fragile
Published on March 23, 2009 by Thomas Ford

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
I purchased this model sunglasses primarily because the description said made in the USA. Once I got them and opened them, I saw printed on the temple made in China. I try to make every effort to purchase USA products when available which swayed my decision on these glasses.

Published 4 months ago by Padraic Gray

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice glasses but quite fragile, March 23, 2009
I bought these glasses and the Sunglasses Hut at my local mall at $150. They fit my face like a glove. I wouldn't pay the extra money for the polarized version however. Anyways, the glasses are pretty easy to bend. They won't break until they've been through hell, but once they're bent, they will never fit right again. I would know. I'm on my second pair! I'd recommend a hard case for these glasses to prevent damage to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tight Fit, But Amazing Sunglasses, August 7, 2011
I was initially weary to buy these because I had tried them on at a another shop and they were pretty tight on my head. I was worried they might start giving me a headache very quickly. However, they were discounted and I had an additional 20% off promotion so I went for it. I have had these sunglasses for about a month, and I can definitely tell a difference when I put my "cheap" sunglasses on. The clarity is amazing and they block glare much better than any other "cheap" sunglasses I've had. They are still fit very tight on my head, but they don't cause my head to hurt even after wearing them for an hour. Maybe I just have a fat head. Anyway, I would definitely recommend Oakley to anyone who asked my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Like them!, July 18, 2013
This review is from: Oakley Men's Whisker Sunglasses (Eyewear)
I bought these for my husband and they look and fit great. Nice quality, sleek, simple look. I would recommend to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favorite sunglasses, ever!, August 18, 2013
Bonnie (Central Pennsylvania) - See all my reviews
This is my second pair of "Whiskers" sunglasses from Oakley. My first pair gave me 4 years of year round, hard usage, had been sent back for a bent frame (my fault) once and several pairs of new lenses. Finally lost the original pair in the Atlantic Ocean ...... I ordered these from Amazon after calling and consulting with Oakley directly. I was advised by the salesperson @ Oakley that as long as the Whiskers were "fulfilled by Amazon" (and "not some mom & pop store") that they should be legit. So, I went ahead and ordered them. Upon arrival, I too found that the inside temple was marked "CHINA". So, again I called Oakley. I was advised by the salesperson @ Oakley that they do indeed have some of their products made outside of the USA, and Whiskers are made in China. He stated that it was a misconception that all Oakley products are USA made. I was able to register my Whiskers on Oakley.com, and now the warranty is extended to 2 years.

Going back to the sunglasses themselves, these are a low profile pair of sunglasses. They sit close to the face with a slight "wrap" design to the lenses, allowing for a close fit, decreasing sun "leaking" in around the edges. I purchased the black frames with the black "iridium" lenses. I personally do not like polarized lenses because of the effect polarization has on the true color of things (especially the blue/green spectrum - seems to make things appear unnaturally bright to me, and definitely changes the color saturation). So, since I prefer a very dark lens which does NOT alter the reality of the colors in nature, these are perfect for me. These lenses are great for anywhere where light reflection/glare is an issue (water, snow, etc.). I get headaches from too much glare, and these glasses with the iridium lenses never let me down. I find them very comfortable, allowing me to wear them for many hours at a time. The only "negative" might be, that I personally would not wear these for any kind of sport; while they have high quality, impact resistant lenses, the frames are not designed to take a beating. As a parting comment, I am a woman, and I prefer the style of these glasses over the huge, "Jackie O", rhinestone encrusted style sunglasses that are so common for women. These fit my angular face very well, and they fit like a glove, never slipping off of my nose.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, February 15, 2014
This review is from: Oakley Men's Whisker Sunglasses (Eyewear)

The quality of the glasses were also a let down because the nose supports bend and come out of shape very easily. I have a harder time keeping these glasses adjusted over any other pair of sun glasses I have had previously. Wouldn't buy them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, June 21, 2013
This review is from: Oakley Men's Whisker Sunglasses (Eyewear)
I love it the quality and more its my prefered brand, i use to drive and the beach, the material is very resist

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek, stylish, and durable glasses that the ladies (and I) love!, October 24, 2012
This review is from: Oakley Men's Whisker Sunglasses (Eyewear)
This past summer was a horrible summer for any sunglasses I touched. I went through about a dozen cheap pairs that I picked up from local brick and mortar stores. Sitting here I realize that, if I were to add up the cost of all these cheap sunglasses, I could of bought a couple of very nice pairs. I have only owned cheap sunglasses and I wondered if paying a premium on sunglasses is worth it.

Enter the Oakley Mens Whisker sunglasses.

I picked these up because they came to my attention being apart of a sale. I was hesitant due to even the sale price but, as I mentioned beforehand, just a few cheap pairs would cover the cost of these glasses.

They arrived in the mail and come pre-packaged in a simple cardboard box. Within the cardboard box the glasses are protected in a soft cloth bag and also contain a cleaning rag and small info brochure.

I immediately pulled out the glasses and spent the next few hours walking around trying them on and, have to say, I am pretty impressed.

Many of my cheap glasses broke due to poor construction of the frames. These frames feel durable and like they will last. I have a large head that does put tension on glasses. These glasses were able to take the tension yet retain their original shape.

The glasses are not polarized but do a good job on their own protecting my vision from the suns glare. The lenses are the perfect tint and did not block out my vision of the outside world.

I received compliments from my wife and neighbors about how stylish the glasses look. It reminds me of the hoopla during the 80's when Tom Cruise sported "Aviator" glasses from the movie Top Gun and the craze he created.

PRO:
++ Durable construction
++ Compliments on how stylish they look

CON:
++ For price, only receiving a cloth bag for protection is cheap

CONCLUSION:
These glasses are well worth the premium paid over regular sunglasses you find sitting on a carousel rack at the local brick and mortar stores. Just watch for the sales when they go on to pick up then.

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit, November 27, 2012
This review is from: Oakley Men's Whisker Sunglasses (Eyewear)
I was just checking the sunglasses that I got here... I had to check it against a list of things that I found and I found that they were counterfeit. They are a good copy but they are not Oakley.They say "China" right on the temple of them. Oakley are ONLY made in the USA. I should have known they were to good to be true. The price was just too good. I will be returning them ASAP. Check when you order them. I don't blame Amazon since they were supplied by someone else but still...

4.0 out of 5 stars Revel in its sheer awesomeness., April 1, 2012
This review is from: Oakley Men's Whisker Sunglasses (Eyewear)
If awesome were accurately defined in the dictionary (it is not), you'd see the Oakley Whisker Iridium Sunglasses as definition number one.

I'm a big fan of practical accessories and these sunglasses are definitely in top 10 list. I've been to a number of very sunny locations around the world and these glasses never fail to keep my eyes happy. Apart from being the epitome of awesomeness, the design really contributes to its functional role of protecting my eyes from the sun. And since it curves with contour of your face, you get very little light leakage - if any.

Practicality aside, these glasses look utterly awesome. Admit it, you know it's true. ;)

I do however have two complaints about these glasses (gasp!) which forced me to dock one star from my review:
1) When these glasses are on, they stay on. This is a good thing.. however it stays in place by having a really snug fit. if you're planning on wearing them for 5-6 hours at a time, be prepared to experience some discomfort right above your ears. It can be irritating at times, especially if you're on a long day hike or road trip. I believe the technical term for this is cranial pressure. For those unfamiliar with the terminology, it's the equivalent of a child waking up Christmas morning to a dead hamster in box as their present. Not fun. :(
2) The glasses only came with a a soft storage pouch. I was a little disappointed because I had spent quite a bit of money on these and expected some sort of hard case to protect my investment. These aren't some cheapo sunglasses found at your local drug store for $9.99. I had an additional case at home so I went ahead and used that.

These minor complaints caused me to dock one star from the overall product review. Don't get me wrong though. These glasses are still the epitome of functionality. In that arena they still get a 5/5. In terms of comfort though, I'd have to give Oakley a 4/5. Hopefully this matter will be considered when engineering the next generation of awesomeness.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Knock offs, Do not Buy!!!, January 8, 2013
This review is from: Oakley Men's Whisker Sunglasses (Eyewear)
After recieving these they looked very cheap for 150$ glasses, then after some research on how to spot fake Oakleys they failed every test. They infact have screws in the hinges, which Oakleys never does. They have made in china stamped on the inside of arms, all Oakleys are made in U.S.A. The paint on the O over ears rubbed off easily, fakes use a screen printing process that rubs off easy. The warranty card isn't even included, it has a cheap piece of paper with no contact information on it, not the plastic card included on real oakleys. Bottomline these look good for fakes, but you might aswell just buy 10$ walmart glasses and paint a o on the side.

Rate and Discover Movies