Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 17, 2008 3:00:53 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 7, 2010 11:33:11 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2008 7:26:36 AM PDT
Amanda Gane says:
Are you serious? Listen, with all due respect, you sound like you've taken a few too many drinks of religion. First of all condeming all of the muslim faith shows your first display of utter ignorance.

Your opposition to abortion is noted, and respected although your condemnation of those who support it again shows your closed minded ignorance when it comes to real issues that face real people.

And finally to conclude that the most "Liberal" mind in congress is barack obama is based SOLELY on the press that one single report concluded that since a vote on a single issue is what determined obama as a liberal (which really wasn't that liberal / conservative of an issue to begin with) just shows that you have no real true understanding of the facts that the news isn't spoon feeding you.

Dont you see all this anti-muslim / terrorist rhetoric is just today's version of the 1950's fears of communism? Its the modern day version of the Salem witch trials. Its prejudism, and racism and discrinination and fear mongering and its will never end if people don't suddenly stop and remember that hey -
There are radicals in ALL religions, in ALL societies, and ALL around the world. Basically - I've lived and traveled around the world and one of the first things you realize is that MOST people are GOOD people, no matter where you are, or what the predominant religion is. Radical religion is a terrible thing and made up of a MINORITY of people who are ignorant, brainwashed and filled with hate. But remember here in the US, we have them too. Remember the KKK? How would you like it if the ENTIRE of America was percieved as racist, white sheet wearing violent cultists? Thats whats happening in the muslim world right now.

That being said - Why would you accuse a man who preaches unity and hope (and even attends a christian church) of being a muslim?

This post is just meant to be inflamatory and appeal the lesser nature of otherwise good people.
My final advice is simply for people to go ahead and do research yourself and then make up your OWN minds about who Obama is, and what he stands for and whether or not he deserves a chance to make America a better place.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2008 2:56:59 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 23, 2008 12:00:38 AM PDT
Joe Schmo says:
Amanda, you're right, well, sort of. Not all muslims are terrorists, but almost all terrorists are muslims. Just look at all the places around the world where mass killings are occuring frequently by people in the name of Islam : India, Pakistan, Indonesia, Israel, Thailand, Spain, Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan, Russia, and others. Then, give me all the places around the world where Jews, Christians, and Buddhists are committing terror. You can't, can you? That's because there aren't any terrorists in the name of another religion. As repugnant and sickening as the KKK is, you don't hear about them every day in the Sudan with a bomb strapped to their body ready to be detonated into a dense civilian population. You have to open your eyes to the world around you and live in 3 dimensions.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2008 9:39:13 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 21, 2008 9:40:43 PM PDT
Irish Republican Army, Shining Path, African National Congress, Mau-Mau, Rotes Armee are just a few that pop to mind... As for a Christian boy right here in the US of A intentionally harming innocents for his religion, it hasn't been that long since Tim McVey blew up OK city, has it?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 21, 2008 11:48:37 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 21, 2008 11:54:54 PM PDT
Joe Schmo says:
First of all, all these organizations you mentioned are not WORLDWIDE. Some don't even exist anymore? I'm talking present day terror, genius! Since when are these organizations committing acts of terror in MANY different places around the world, not just within one geographical location. Didn't you see all the countries I mentioned where Radical Islamists are disrupting the peace? What does the IRA or African National have to do with present day America? Just goes to show your logic in the matter. I didn't realize the Irish Republican Army still is out to wreak havoc on everyone around the world, including Americans. I like the fact that you didn't realize that the majority of the groups you mentioned were die-hard communists. Maybe, it's something you closely follow. By the way, the man in hell's name is spelled McVeigh, not McVey. He wasn't religious like you thought; he was an agnostic, Mama mia. Plus, that's just one man out of billions around the world. We know that there are 1.2 billion Muslims around the world according to CAIR. Lets say that 99.9% are peaceful, but there is a tiny minority that are radicalized. You do the math. That comes to 1.2 million radicals who kill muslims and nonmuslims in the name of a religion. Day after day, we see people being murdered by Islamofascists.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2008 4:26:03 PM PDT
Ronald Barth says:
I think you and Joe Schmo should get together, drink some moonshine, burn some crosses, then snuggle up beside your sisters in bed.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 29, 2008 9:22:55 PM PDT
Ronald,
why marginalize Schmo just because you don't agree with his pov? Try to be respectful of others ideas please.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2008 1:16:54 AM PDT
S. Sellers says:
As if conservativecrusader.com was a legitimate source for information...heh.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2008 1:27:49 PM PDT
Dan Dimond says:
I think you might be confusing cause and effect. Let's assume that your point that most terrorists are Muslim extremists is accurate (though I certainly take issue with that statement, but we will leave that for another time). This phraseology implies that the root cause of terrorism is, at the very least, somehow linked to the Muslim faith. Where if you had said, "most terrorists have dark hair," or "most terrorists are born in the Middle East," and assuming both of those statements are true (as I'm guessing you'd be inclined to acknowledge given your first statement), you would be implying something altogether different. The fact is, I couldn't tell you the exact root cause of terrorism, but I strongly believe that it has far more to do with living conditions, lack of education, propaganda, general religious zealotry, everyday frustration at abuses and atrocities committed by outside forces (i.e. U.S. foreign policy), a lesser value placed on human life than found in America, and the manipulation of all of these forces by genuinely evil men motivated by a mission of hate, than it has to do with Islam.

Why then does the Jewish community not perpetuate terrorism if many of these same forces exist for all people amidst the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and indeed the broader range of the Middle East as a whole? The story is partially told in the facet that Islamic radicalism does play in the formation of terrorists. The promises in the afterlife for a job-well done in killing innocents in the name of God just do not exist in any form of Jewish teachings, despite how radical (though I say this with some apprehension because I don't actually know this, I'm just assuming it from what I've heard and read). In this, sir, you are right to point to Islam and say "See? This is an enabler of terrorism." However, you go too far, whether you intended to or not, by implying that the Muslim faith is THE cause of terrorism. Despite all of this, I think the true reason we do not see radical Jews resort to terrorist activities and other means of violence is because they just don't have any need. The state of Israeli is quite competent in killing civilians and inflaming hatred in that area of the world. This is not terrorism; this is "military action." I don't mean to condemn Israeli for their actions because, one, I just don't know enough about that situation as to make a strong argument and, two, the situation that Israeli finds itself in is so difficult that the choices its leaders must face probably, commonly come down to a "Who dies? Us or them?"

In response to the original poster, your organization of thought and well constructed remarks indicate a level of intelligence that sharply contrasts the ignorance displayed by said remarks, and quite honestly is really confusing to me. I hope the reason behind this inconsistency is just that you don't actually believe what you wrote and were just seeking to incite. In any case, it was a truly entertaining read, if not a little scary. I especially liked this gem you had:

"Wright preaches "black liberation theology" against the "white value system" which is in other words revolution against America."

I'm sure a very large population of our country would take extreme offense to the insinuation that a "white value system" is synonymous with "America."

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 25, 2008 10:02:16 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 25, 2008 10:02:16 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2008 3:21:20 PM PDT
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh scary!!! Such a bunch of propaganda. It surely is representative of the Right in our country. So negative. I was a counselor for many years and it always amazed me: the stories that people could come up with the scare themselves and others with. Once we do that we see demons everywhere.... Shame on you. It is not healthy for you to whip yourself into this kind of a frenzy. Marjorie R., Arkansas

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2008 1:44:31 AM PDT
And just exactly what would be (not is) wrong if Barack were a Muslim ?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 27, 2008 10:57:55 PM PDT
ST Mghee says:
Where to start with the discrepancies and assumptive slander? When you say: "A Muslim hates America, has no regard for its Constitution, its history and is an anarchist at heart.", I think all of the 5-8 million Muslims in America would take extreme offense to this remark, as do I, a non-Muslim. I have no more time for these incendiary and fear-based remarks... the time has come to base judgments on facts, not extreme interpretations of half-truths. I'm tired of this and am going to bed. Tomorrow I'll start a new day working elbow-to-elbow with people of similar and differing theological/political opinions than mine, but who regardless of their beliefs are respectful of others, as I hope to be.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 28, 2008 4:59:07 PM PDT
C's Mom says:
Voice in the Wilderness...

Right on! Fundamental right wing Christianity is just as scary as Islamic extreamists, and thankfully, Barak Obama seems to be neither. That said, one can find plenty of messages of brotherly love in the Koran, so "Muslim" does NOT equal "terrorist". The Koran, Bible etc. are all subject to the eye of the interperter, but I have a hard time believing that if there was/is a God, Allah, Buddha...that any one (maybe their all the same?) ever meant anything but peace and love...if you look around our planet its pretty beautiful where we're not destroying it, and if you can do that with the concept of creationism in mind, do you think its possible that the one who "created" this beauty may lean more than a little to the "lets just chill out and enjoy" side of life, rather than whoever took it upon themselves to say all this beauty and whatever comes next are only for those who believe what I believe? Doesn't sound right!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2008 2:28:52 PM PDT
Valu says:
You don't have to be a Jew to join Jews Against Obama.
Why Jews Against Obama?

The Jewish Task Force (JTF.org) is an organization of right wing Jews and righteous gentiles who follow the teachings of the late Rabbi Meir Kahane. Thus we are opposed to Israel surrendering land for "peace." We are also opposed to Islamic terrorism, which we believe is an integral part of Islam.

Unfortunately America has refused to win every single war she has fought after World War II. Our leaders have been more concerned about world opinion, sparing "innocent civilians" and "winning hearts and minds." Israel has done the equivalent in her recent battle with Hezbollah in Lebanon.

This refusal to win wars is all due to the pernicious influence of the Left, which has gained a major foothold in the Democrat party in the U.S., as well as the European Union and Israel. Therefore, JTF is also opposed to domestic fifth columnists who attempt to undermine America's and Israel's will to defend themselves and to properly fight their wars. Barack Hussein Obama is an example of a fifth columnist. We have started Jews Against Obama to expose him as being just that.

Obama's father, Barack Hussein Obama Sr., was a Muslim from Nyangoma-Kogel, Kenya and his step father was a Muslim from Indonesia.
Obama's childhood mentor was a communist.
Obama attended Muslim Basuki School and a Catholic school in Indonesia and his religion was registered as Muslim in both schools. Despite this overwhelming evidence, Obama insists he was never a Muslim.
Obama has promised that in his first year of office, he will invite Iranian terrorist dictator Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to the White House in order improve relations and relax trade restrictions with Iran. This would certainly lead to the sale of advanced American technology, which would enable Iran to develop nuclear bombs much more quickly.
Obama is a supporter of Kenyan Muslim Raila Odinga, who recently lost in that country's election, and who wants to institute Islamic Sharia law as the law of that land. Raila claims to be Obama's first cousin.
Obama wants Muslim terrorists in Guantanamo to have access to the American legal system. Note that these Guantanamo attorneys [who represent these terrorists pro bono] are supporting Obama.
Obama's foreign policy advisors from the Carter Administration are notoriously anti-Israel and antisemitic.
A non-profit organization with Obama on its board gave money to the terrorist-supporting Arab American Action Network, which favors Israel's destruction and is completely against America enforcing any of her immigration laws.
Obama helped raise money for Muslim terrorist refugee camps in the Middle East.
Obama has been endorsed by communist Daniel Ortega (former head of the Weather Underground organization), communist Tom Hayden, Jesse Jackson, and Muslim racist and antisemite Louis Farrakhan.
Obama's National Campaign Cochairman is congressman Jesse Jackson Jr., a notorious racist and antisemite.
Obama's Pastor, who Obama claims is his mentor, traveled with Muslim racist and antisemite Louis Farrakhan to Libya in 1984 to visit Col. Muammar el-Qaddafi.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2008 7:53:05 AM PDT
S. Johansen says:
His latest "slip of tongue" in the Stephenopolis interview "my muslim faith" was a bit of a give away. Out of the mouth the heart speaks.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 12, 2008 11:20:27 AM PDT
cosmos says:
Only an imbecile would have failed to grasp that Obama was talking about how liars have portrayed him.

Btw, here's a video that tears apart some of McSame's recent lies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH0xzsogzAk

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2008 11:18:17 AM PDT
A. ahmed says:
Schmo,

I hate to come to this conclusion about any fellow human, however I must say.. you are sounding more and more like a ruthless Redneck. I, being a muslim, living in Canada, find it quite disgusting that you would make such assertions without little or no knowledge. Yes, there are extremist muslims, like there are extremists in anyreligion/culture. Im not here to justify what any extremists do, BUT I hope to make it clear in what seems to be a "thick" head of yours, that it is rediculous and rude to make the conclusion that "almost all terrorists are muslims" thats like saying "almost all christians like to go into schools and frantically shoot innocent people". The fact is, that grouping people the way you do is unnecessary, and you should really open up YOUR eyes, and try not to be like every other redneck in the world.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2008 11:25:24 PM PDT
Joe Schmo says:
Here's a quote from Muslim scholar years ago:

"It is a certain fact that not all Muslims are terrorists, but it is equally certain, and exceptionally painful, that almost all terrorists are Muslims. We cannot clear our names unless we own up to the shameful fact that terrorism has become an Islamic enterprise; an almost exclusive monopoly, implemented by Muslim men and women."

- Abdel Rahman al-Rashed - a Saudi journalist in London

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2008 8:56:09 AM PDT
M. Treanor says:
Have you heard of the IRA or UVF or the INLA or the REAl IRA??? They have been blowing up men, women, children and unborn children in Ireland, Northern Ireland and Great Britian for years in the name of religious freedom!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2008 11:03:04 AM PDT
Joe Schmo says:
Yeah, and every major conflict around the world right now is coming from the IRA.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2008 9:29:58 PM PDT
B Gardner says:
The IRA is the remnant of hundreds of years of religious persecution and "terrorism" practiced by good Christians. Torture, mass murder, political executions ravaged Europe all in the name of Christianity(of one kind or another). Then there were the Crusades.....and the slaughter and enslavement of millions of Native Americans in the name of Christian superiority. I don't deny that fundamenalist radical Muslims are a scourge in our present day world, but this kind of ruthless fanaticism is not only confined to Muslims. There's enough insanity to go around.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2008 10:43:53 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 18, 2008 10:44:36 PM PDT
Joe Schmo says:
Barbara, at least you're willing to acknowledge the threat of Radical Islam against the west. Aside from your deep-seated hatred towards Christianity, I understand there was religious fanaticism a long time ago by other religions. Once again I'll mention that most Muslims don't support this view of Islam. I'm talking about the present day threat which is the attempt by a radical fringe within Islam to bring back the 7th century throwback mentality of cutthroats and murders to our civilization.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2008 2:50:04 PM PDT
B Gardner says:
Joe, to the contrary. I am a very devout Christian. I love the message Jesus brought to our world. But, it's been terribly distorted by fanatics through the years, even a message that seems to me to so clearly promote love, tolerance, forgiveness, redemption.
I know that these Christian atrocities occurred in the past, for the most part, but I was making the point that ANY religion can be distorted and twisted into something evil. It is a mistake to lump all Muslims together into a faceless seething mass. I have nothing but disgust and revulsion for the murderers. I despair that they have become so powerful and widespread. But that doesn't make all Muslims evil and suspect.
To brand one whole religious population as the enemy is dangerous and wrong. We all have the potential to choose darkness over light.
And, to bring it all back to the point of this discussion, even if Barack Obama WERE Muslim, which he professes he is not, so what? I am not one of those radical Christians who believes only those of my particular sect is worth living or trusting or listening to.
Why in the world would Obama want to run for President of the United States and then write books filled with hatred toward the very population he wants to impress enough to vote for him? It doesn't make sense. We have to beware of propaganda and lies. We have to use common sense and reason.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2008 8:37:54 PM PDT
A Reviewer says:
I wish every liberal American woman would be a Muslim for one week in Iran because you will get to feel the joy and freedoms a Muslim woman would feel. Everything from getting rickets, to tripping on your robes,to finding a doctor willing to treat you,and the feeling that if your raped you must be punished because you brought shame and dishonor to your relatives and community.It is a journey to self -discovery .Embracing a peaceful culture that only wants the best for all woman. May the Goddess guide you to Allah. And I don't mean Americanized-Muslims,just the ones from the mideast and Asia.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  22
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  Mar 17, 2008
Latest post:  May 13, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream
The Audacity of Hope: Thoughts on Reclaiming the American Dream by Barack Obama (Hardcover - October 17, 2006)
4.0 out of 5 stars   (1,017)