Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Oben BA-0 Ball Head
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on May 6, 2012
I had no problems with the vendor.
The Oben BA-0 ball head is a small form fact head that seems to work well with the Pico Dolly. The only gripes are that; it didn't ship with a tripod thread adapter and the mounting plate is a plastic design. The rest of the ball head is very well made seems funny, they would cheap out on the mounting plate and even though the included documents state there is an included thread adapter, there isn't one. So, you will need to order "Tripod Thread Adapter by Promaster/ SystemPRO 3/8' to 1/4" - 3 pack". I wish they had used the Bogen mounting plate, it would have made swapping out the camera, during a shoot a lot easier and a stronger plate would mean more secure. Still it is a nice ball head and it's small form does allow mounting additional arms to the pico dolly, instead of depending on the camera's hotshoe for mounting. Given it's a tight fit on the Pico Dolly, but it will work. When shooting video, I mount a monitor, and a H4n Zoon to the Pico Dolly. Only because this Oben Ball head allows me to do it. When, I need to shoot table-top or need a low camera angle. The combination of the Oben ball head and the Pico Dolly gives me that edge and ability to mount and shoot with my Nikon D-300s. Other than the plastic mounting plate a solid ball head for the Pico Dolly.
on August 18, 2012
A ball head is so much easier to use than an old fashion one. This one is light and works well. The quick release pad is slightly different sized than what I had before, but that was not a problem - I just could not use the one I already had on my camera. The reduction bearing was included with the head so it did not need to be ordered separately. This head is easy to use and versatile. It is a good value, especially compared to other heads.