Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Blake Shelton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Price:$15.99+ $3.99 shipping

on September 4, 2010
Ordered Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP 8oz.jar on Wednesday from Amazon,USPS deliversd it on Saturday.Worked 1/2 into a new pair of high end Lineman's boots and a pair of Russell Mountain boots.I was amazed at the look and feel of these boots.The Mountain boots are 12 years old and have really taken a beating,long hours of hunting in tough terrain.This stuff revitalized them beyond my expections.
If you want to do something really good for your leather,get this stuff it works.
55 comments|18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 7, 2014
This is a great product to WATERPROOF shoes and prevent salt from drying out the leather. It's similar to Sno-Seal and does a good job of creating a water barrier for work and hiking boots. Just bear in mind that it WILL lock in any dirt or discoloration that already exists on the leather so if you're using this on a pair of boots where the aesthetics matter, make sure you know what you're doing.

This is also NOT shoe polish. I do NOT recommend using this on Clarks or any other non-work boots. The wax will be absorbed into the leather and does not help a natural patina to develop. It only darkens it. Pictures online of people using this on CDB's show how great it looks when it's initially applied, but if you look at them 3-4 months down the line, you'll see how unnatural it looks. If you want a more natural patina, consider using neutral conditioner and some shoe polish. I use Lexol conditioner and Meltonian polish.

When applying, use the heat of your hand to melt the wax. Don't apply external heat. Contrary to popular advice, it will only cause overabsorption, which leads to the "white residue" that forms in the wrinkles that everyone complains about. The heat of your fingers should be enough to allow the wax to melt into the leather. Let it sit, then wipe off excess.

Great product, but just make sure you know that this is a very PRACTICAL wax. It is NOT meant for aesthetic purposes. Use conditioner and shoe polish for that.
on November 28, 2010
I've been a fan of Bick 4 leather conditioner and have been its champion for years. I've applied it to anything that is leather (briefcases, bags (messenger, laptop), jackets, pipe bags, leather tobacco pouches, etc.). I also have a few boots (and "regular" shoes) and that is where it is mostly applied to. I recently ran out of Bick 4 which forced me to hit my local store. Just my luck, they ran out of it. The sales clerk suggested I use Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP and Leather Oil. He explained to me how the product worked. I was extremely apprehensive about this product at first. It did cost a little bit more than the Bick 4. However, I took a gamble and purchased both products. After carefully following the instructions, I applied both LP and Leather Oil to all my boots, jackets and leather bags and brief cases. I was amazed with the result. I could really see and feel the difference. Unlike Bick 4, Obenauf's not only conditions the leather, it also repels water. It even removed the scuff marks that were on my briefcase. It may have cost me a pretty penny for both, but it was worth it. THIS STUFF REALLY WORKS! A word of caution though, it did make the colors on some of my shoes and other leather items darker. Bick 4 has served me well over the years. However, it's time to move over and say hello to my new friend - OBENAUF'S.
on February 20, 2010
I've been using Obenauf for more than 10 years. My job is outside and my leather boots are exposed to everything from walking in streams to conducting prescribed burns and Obenauf's keeps my boots in great shape. I use it on everything I have that's leather including jackets and briefcases and it does a wonderful job.
on September 4, 2012
I work in an environment that is rough on boots and needed a product that was going to add back some longevity. The reviews on this product were great. After I cleaned my boots, I applied the Heavy Duty LP. It did darken the letter significantly, but the boots were in rough shape so the color change was not a factor for me. The product that I work around now sticks to the leather much less and the boots are looking good. I have only had the doctored boots at work for a month now and they probably need another application, but so far I am a fan of Obernauf's Heavy Duty LP.
I had no problems with shipping or any aspect of the ordering process.
on June 28, 2011
This stuff works wonders on leather. It not only preserves the leather, but also softens it a little and waterproofs it. There is no chemicals in it, unlike most leather care products, and is made mostly of beeswax. It even smells like honey! When using it, I have found that it works best when you heat it up for 30 seconds in a microwave, which partially melts the beeswax and allows it to to sucked into the leather better. Use the LP after applying Obenauf's Leather Oil 16oz. as a protecting coat for really dry leather, as the oil will moisten it then the LP will lock it in and protect and waterproof the leather as well. If you want your leather to last forever, use this!
on December 28, 2013
Having done a relatively cursory review of products that I could use to protect my motorcycle boots AND my leather saddle bags I decided to get this stuff. Sure, it's a bit more expensive than a lot of other products, but so are my boots and bags. I've NEVER regretted getting Obenauf's Heavy Duty leather protector. I now use it on ALL of my leather shoes as well as my belts and everything else I own made of leather. And, it really REALLY smells great. I let it stay on my poor old wrinkly hands until it wears off. Or until I have to wash them for some other reason.
on December 18, 2015
This stuff is really good! After cleaning my bag and boots with saddle soap, I've applied this LP to them and they look great! Nevertheless, this stuff takes a while to dry especially when it's snowing outside. I've also applied this LP to my lifting belt. Everything looks a shade darker than before but that doesn't bother me. I accidentally applied LP to a faux leather bag and I could immediately tell the difference - the LP didn't get absorbed even after 24 hours and just kept to the surface. If you have high end leather products, this LP is a must have. Your leather will thank you.
on December 15, 2013
I love Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP, not only for waterproofing and general winter maintenance and protection of my leather shoes and boots but for every other leather item in my home, including my leather jackets, briefcases, picture frames, leather upholstered chair, kitchen stools, etc. Every leather item I own looks and feels more nourished and refreshed after I've used Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP. It's one of those essential household products that I cannot be without!
on January 16, 2016
Obenaufs products are some of the best leather treatments one can buy. Each one I have used, including this one, have worked as advertised and beyond my expectations. Just pick the correct product for your needs. This one is a serious preservative which I needed the outdoor leather pieces I make and for my motorcycle items.