Oblivion PC: GOTY Edition.. Windows 7 Compatible?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2010 10:40:36 AM PST
DRocK says:
Hello.. Well Met.. Yeah. I'm playing Oblivion for the first go-round on my 360 and needless to say it's a pretty awesome game. I'd like to send a copy to my old man as a gift because he's dropped the ball on his gaming in his old age and I think he could really appreciate the awesomeness of this game (hopefully it doesn't move too fast for him, lol). Anyway, a good distraction is just what he needs I think. About 4 months ago he bought himself a nice, new beefy PC so I think his computer should support it with no problems.. I just wonder if this game will run on Windows 7? I'm an XP guy, so I don't know how backwards-compatible most games are with 7 (and these days I just game on my console..). I figure it should be fine, but let me know what you think. Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 31, 2010 4:34:30 PM PST
Whiskers says:
DRock,
I am playing this game using Windows7 but in compatibility mode. I tried using it with Windows7 but had repeated corruption issues. After repeated uninstalls and reinstalls I tried the compatability mode. Level 25 and no issues at this time.

If he has a newer system with a high end graphing card, he will be blown away with the beauty of this game.

A word of advice though. Warn him of the addiction power this game has and the potential to destroy ones social life. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2011 10:26:45 AM PST
DRocK says:
Cool, thanks Whiskers. Yeah, I am not at all familiar with Windows 7, but I'm sure compatibility mode isn't that hard to figure out. I did go ahead and get him the game and sent it to his house like a MONTH AGO but he has slacked and I don't think he has even intalled it yet :(

As far as how beautiful and addicting the game is, trust me brother, I know. It's funny because I included a note when I sent it to him telling him to try not to loose too much sleep :) Anyway, although I bet the game will look / play that much better on a good PC, it is just a blast on the xbox 360. It has only frozen on me once and I'm about a level 20. I know I'll be playing this game a long, long time.

Posted on May 23, 2011 10:16:20 AM PDT
moogle11 says:
Any news on the 5th anniversary Collectors Edition, ie will it be more compatible with Win 7 ?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2010
Latest post:  May 23, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition - PC
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition - PC by Take 2 (Windows XP)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (149)