Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on November 6, 2004
This book is simply wonderful. Even if you are not a Delta, it doesn't matter. Cooking is universal and this book is a must have. It will become a family treasure. Each meal is crafted in a manner that is easy to follow. I'm not a true cook, but I am ready to learn. This book makes you want to cook.

Occasions to Savor made its debut, in July, at the National Convention in Las Vegas, Nevada. It took the convention by storm and inspired many to try new recipes and to add onto the ones already used. I was one of those present who was inspired on that hot day. There were samples of the recipes available at the event and the results were outstanding. If you're ready to "kick it up a notch", this book is for you.
on November 29, 2004
You don't have to be a Delta to love this book. (I'm not even Black.) It is a gorgeous book, very warmly written, and filled with treasured recipes, most of which are prefaced by the contributor's description of why it is so special. Unlike community cookbooks, each recipe is both clear and complete. It seems expensive only until you've seen it. It is a sensational cookbook, and will quickly become one of the loveliest (if not THE most wonderful) in your collection. You can't help but love it.
on November 19, 2007
I love this book. I purchased it in 2004 at our National Convention in Las Vegas. The recipes are priceless and delicious. You don'thave to be a Delta to enjoy it. But I would like to thank my sorors for this wonderful creation. The recipes are fantastic.

Love
Soror Kameelah Brown
Omicron Delta Chapter Spr. 98
Miami Alumnae Chapter
on December 9, 2007
This cookbook looks expensive only until you see it. Be assured that it is well worth every penny!

It is gorgeous, with full-color photographs, and large, clear print. There are stories and acknowledgements from famous African Americans (e.g., Camille Cosby) and Delta members. The recipes are all tried-and-true, and most are prefaced by the contributors' comments about why it is so special.
Everything I've tried to date has been sensational -- the best of its kind I've ever tasted.

This has the advantages of a top-of-the-line community cookbook, but with gorgeous presentation, well-perfected recipes, etc.

You won't be sorry you bought it or gave it as a gift.

(And you most definitely don't have to be African American to appreciate this ... I'm not. This will appeal to anyone with taste buds.)
on August 1, 2008
The books had crinkled corners as if they had been dropped, but I guess they were in the condition as advertised; I'm not quite sure. I bought 3 for gifts, but I think I will just give them away to people I know would like them--not as a wedding gift, as I had intended. I was surprised at the condition, because a couple years ago I ordered 5 of the same books that were in absolutely excellent condition, and that I did distribute as Christmas gifts.
on August 27, 2008
I'm very please with my purchase from Amazon.com, I've been looking for Occasions To Savior cookbook for some time now and Amazon.com not only located the book for me but this book retailed for $40.00 and I paid 6.00 plus chance for a brand new cook book.

Ronnie O.
Very Happy Cook
on January 7, 2011
This is excellent cookbook! Whether you're a Delta or not, if you're a COOK, this book is one to have in your collection. The recipes are simple and I love the pictures. The Five Flavor Pound Cake is a proven winner!!
on July 7, 2013
This is an elegantly styled cookbook and I love the stories strewn throughout the recipes. I don't cook much from recipes anymore but I wanted to add this to my collection.
on September 21, 2015
Helped a Delta make the red velvet cake from this over the holidays and I had to get one for myself. Loved it so much I ordered one for another Delta in my life.
on February 16, 2013
The recipes work. The pictures are clear. It makes a great conversation starter. The stories are great. It gives information about the Delta Sigma Theta also.