Praise for LIVING SUNLIGHT: HOW PLANTS BRING THE EARTH TO LIFE:
* "If a good picture book does what it sets out to do, a great one sets out to do something huge and succeeds. . . . An outstanding book to read and absorb."--BOOKLIST, starred review
- "Chisholm, a professor of ecology, expands on the theme [photosynthesis], while the intense greens of Bang's gouaches bring it vibrantly to life."--THE NEW YORK TIMES BOOK REVIEW
- "LIVING SUNLIGHT is less a tutorial on photosynthesis than a magnificent celebration of life."--NATURAL HISTORY
Praise for MY LIGHT:
* "A lovely and illuminating book that presents sound science while expressing the wonder of flipping a switch and flooding a room with light."--BOOKLIST, starred review
- "Bang's imagery and word choice provide a vivid text for her readers. And then there are the illustrations: phenomenal only begins to explain Bang's choices in her use of color and composition. . . . This is a picture book that should be found in all libraries."--CHILDREN'S LITERATURE
About the Author
Molly Bang has written and illustrated more than twenty books for young readers, including WHEN SOPHIE GETS ANGRY--REALLY, REALLY ANGRY...; TEN, NINE, EIGHT; and THE GREY LADY AND THE STRAWBERRY SNATCHER, each of which were Caldecott Honor books. Bang divides her time between Falmouth, Massachusetts, and Norther California.
Penny Chisholm is a professor at MIT where she has been teaching Ecology for over thirty years. She and her students do research on phytoplanktontiny plants that feed all life in the oceans. Her research was most recently awarded the Agassiz Medal of the National Academy of Sciences.