5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for my Pre-schooler
Published on February 13, 2012 by Jennifer Mutter

3.0 out of 5 stars Classic story
this is a good ap for reading the classic story but my son wished the pictures were more interactive. My toddler ignores this one.
Published 18 months ago by C. Mischo

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome for my Pre-schooler, February 13, 2012
This review is from: The Lorax - Dr. Seuss (App)
My son who is 4, can't wait to see The Lorax movie, so this was one of the first purchases I made for him on my Kindle Fire. He loves it & so do I! There were several things that impressed me by this being an interactive book. The graphics were great, the brightness of the colors on the screen are awesome,background music/sounds, & the narrator did an excellent job with the character voices! My son used the "read to me" feature & I found it neat that after the page is read, he can touch the various objects in the illustration to see & hear the object's name. I would absolutely recommend this interactive app!

5.0 out of 5 stars Toddler loves, March 26, 2013
This review is from: The Lorax - Dr. Seuss (App)
My daughter loves the Dr. Seuss books. We have almost all of them. This is great because it's an interactive bedtime story, or just a story on the go. Dr. Seuss apps are always worth the money. I usually wait until a sale though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Childrens Book App, April 17, 2012
This review is from: The Lorax - Dr. Seuss (App)
This is a great book app for kids. It contains the whole story of the Lorax in three reading modes: Read Myself, Read to Me, and Auto Play. The kids can read it or they can listen and watch. you can also touch all the pictures on the screen and it will tell you what the picture is. The only downside is it can be a bit slow on the page turning. Great for beginning readers as well as intermediate ones. ive even read it once or twice to myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars the lorax app, March 13, 2012
Ingrid M. Rapavy (Vienna, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lorax - Dr. Seuss (App)
the lorax app is amazing it is perfect for little kids and also great for older kids and adults I am pretty sure no I am possitive.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Dr. Seuss in a full-featured app, March 5, 2012
This review is from: The Lorax - Dr. Seuss (App)
Who doesn't love Dr. Seuss? And fittingly, this digital version of the book required no trees to be cut down, which is the subject of the book. I think Theodor Seuss Geisel (aka Dr. Seuss) would be very happy about that.

"The Lorax" tells the story of an endangered environment and the Lorax, a whimsical creature who speaks for the trees and the denizens of the forest against the greedy Once-ler, who's destroying the forest for personal gain. The environmental message isn't very subtle, but it's worked into the story so skillfully that it doesn't come across as too heavy-handed. Like other Dr. Seuss classics, it's as much fun for grownups as it is for kids.

The app is a digital version of "The Lorax." You can read the book in your choice of three modes:

1. Read the book yourself.
2. Let a narrator read the book aloud, with you flipping the pages.
3. Let a narrator read the book aloud and flip the pages.

The book is rated for children (ages 9 and under), and even preschoolers should enjoy it in the narration mode.

I've read a number of illustrated book apps, and The Lorax is as full-featured as any that I've seen. Kids will love touching objects and having the narrator pronounce an object's name as the spelling of the object is displayed. Another nice touch is that the words in the text are highlighted as the narrator pronounces them, which helps kids who are just learning to read associate a word with a sound.

I used the "Look Inside" feature for the print edition of "The Lorax" that Amazon sells, and it was obvious that the text and illustrations in the app are the same as the original.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect! And no trees harmed in the making of this app., March 4, 2012
This review is from: The Lorax - Dr. Seuss (App)
This app is exactly what you want for your little one if you want them to learn how to read. If you want them to learn to play video games, buy them a video game. Love, a Librarian.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Toddlers!, February 28, 2012
This review is from: The Lorax - Dr. Seuss (App)
I love this book and so does my 1 & 3 year old boys. It is easy to use, has animation, and you can choose to either read the book yourself, follow along, or have the book read to you- which is a great option for the little ones. The voice is awesome and captures your attention. I highly recommend this book for anyone with toddlers that enjoy Dr. Seuss. I will be looking looking to buy more books like this one. Definitely worth way more than the cost!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My 4 yr. old son loves The Lorax, January 1, 2013
This review is from: The Lorax - Dr. Seuss (App)
Voices & animation are awesome. Listening to The Lorax on the Kindle is another great way to enjoy Dr. Seuss. Very easy for my son to hear the story read to him besides myself & dad. Enjoy

5.0 out of 5 stars Lorax lol, February 10, 2013
This review is from: The Lorax - Dr. Seuss (App)
DR Seuss cant go wrong my son loves the stories and easy reading with options to read it to himself

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and interactive, January 24, 2013
This review is from: The Lorax - Dr. Seuss (App)
My son enjoyed the movie that was produced from this book (I did not). This download was free, so I gave it a shot. He has enjoyed the interactive pages and it has been a pleasant piece of entertainment.

The Lorax - Dr. Seuss