5.0 out of 5 stars Great dive computer for a great price
Published 15 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Used for one full season of diving, going to replace it
TL;DR:
If you're just doing shallow, low risk dives, and want a really basic computer: this will work fine for you. I put 30 dives on it this season and I wasn't impressed. It is really clumsy to navigate through the settings, it has some issues, and after 1 season I'm replacing my Veo180-nx already.

Full review:
**Positives**
~Cheap...
Published 14 months ago by Joe B

3.0 out of 5 stars Used for one full season of diving, going to replace it, September 15, 2013
Joe B "Joe" (Blaine, MN United States) - See all my reviews
TL;DR:

Full review:
**Positives**
~Cheap
~Survived a full season of diving and still works
~21-50% nitrox capable
~has a planning mode that factors in your current residual nitrogen
~Clear & understandable graphs for nitrogen loading, oxygen exposure, and assent rate
~Logs plenty of past dives

**Negatives**
~Very slow response of temperature reading
~ONE BUTTON!?! Makes for clumsy use
~Setting the Nitrox percent is a total PITA!!! To do something as simple as reset the computer from air to 32% nitrox means you have to hold down the button while the computer cycles through the ENTIRE list of parameters.
-O2 percent,
-PPO2 max,
-Error default O2 to 50%
-gauge mode on/off,
-water activate on/off

If you accidentally set the Veo180 to "gauge mode," you're screwed. The computer will only display the dive time, depth and temp. It doesn't calculate oxygen or nitrogen loading. It will lock itself out for 24 hours and you can't use it as a dive computer during that time. This is a really useless "feature".

On one occasion I took this down deep and I looked at my computer: it read a depth of "99" (feet) then I glance at my analog console depth gauge and that said about 120' ....What!?! Once I surfaced I found the dive log had actually recorded 116' ...???? Why did this happen?!?

While diving, it's a hassle to cycle through the 4 different display modes. If you screw around with it, the Veo 180 will tell you want you need to know, but it's a pain. (again, the limitations of 1 button)

The back light is clumsy and there's no way to lock it on. (When it's dark or I'm deep, I don't want to screw around pushing buttons to find out what my NDL time is; it's safer to just burn the battery)

The veo 180-nx does work, but for me the negatives **FAR** outweigh the cheap price. I don't trust this and it's quirks; I will be replacing it before next season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great dive computer for a great price, August 6, 2013
This review is from: Oceanic "Veo 180" Air/Nitrox Wrist Dive Computer
I was a little unsure if I would like such a simple single button dive computer. My previous computer was a $600+ model. I have used it now for a dozen or so dives and I really like this dive computer. It is small and very simple to use, gives all the necessary information in an easy to read display. The single button is simple and effective. I have not yet used it for a nitrox dive, that's next. I'll update my review after I've tried it on Nitrox. I"m planing on purchasing one of these for my son. For the price I'm very, very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good price for an essential dive tool, November 18, 2013
D. Dunn (Chalan Pago, Guam) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oceanic "Veo 180" Air/Nitrox Wrist Dive Computer
Battery was DOA, but a replacement battery kit was included in the packaging. I swapped out the battery and this has been great for the last 20 dives.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well, May 2, 2013
This review is from: Oceanic "Veo 180" Air/Nitrox Wrist Dive Computer
Pros: Easy to read, gives all the information I need.
Cons: I have always used a console mounted computer and find I don't like the wrist mount. Have switched it over to the console. Also it doesn't have a deep safety stop on a no-deco dive.

Oceanic "Veo 180" Air/Nitrox Wrist Dive Computer