The pros:
Brilliant ensemble cast
Entertaining story lines that are enjoyable through multiple viewings

The cons:
Lack of special features (Ocean's 12 disk special feature consists of...drumroll please...the TRAILER alone)
No real justification to buy box set unless you are just really really excited about owning, well, the box
Published on December 28, 2007 by Caroline Collins

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Movies - Amoung the Worst Blu Ray Transfer
I enjoyed the movies my self and looked forward to the BD release, but when I put them in my player and noticed the almost DVD quality video I felt ripped off. There are numerous artifacts through out the movies and bad colors. Buy with caution.
Published on October 9, 2008 by David W. Morin

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Movies - Amoung the Worst Blu Ray Transfer, October 9, 2008
This review is from: Ocean's Trilogy (Ocean's Eleven / Ocean's Twelve / Ocean's Thirteen) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)

1.0 out of 5 stars for those looking for this box set on Blu-Ray.... STAY AWAY!, April 23, 2008
Destroya (silicon valley) - See all my reviews
This is, without a doubt, the WORST quality blu-ray movie I have seen!! what were they thinking when they did this transfer? It is hard to see a big difference in this regular DVD and the Blu-ray.

The movies are great. the quality is a real let down. This review is based on the HD quality, not the review of the movie, as it should be on the Blue ray box set listing. Don't waste your money until they do a better job with the quality of the conversion

5.0 out of 5 stars Three of the few movies I care to watch again and again. In a box., December 28, 2007
The pros:
Brilliant ensemble cast
Entertaining story lines that are enjoyable through multiple viewings

The cons:

4.0 out of 5 stars Same story, more detail., July 3, 2008
J. Lee "dash2k4" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I'm sure everyone has seen this series so my rating is not based on the plot or acting quality. Everything looks great in HD, of course. The problem is that because they are crooks (lovable crooks, but crooks nonetheless) their operations usually happen at night or in the dark. That means tons of film noise, which is gloriously captured in 1080p. I find that some of the night/dark shots are grainy to a point of being obvious, though not enough to annoy me. It's like two guys sitting next to you in the theater, constantly chatting away in low volumes. It doesn't distract from the movie, but you'd enjoy things a little more if it weren't there. That's the only minor imperfection I could find. Everything else is marvelous.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solely To Counter The Guy/Gal Below Me, October 11, 2007
Ocean's Eleven is a fantastic film and the two follow on are still a good time, although not the same quality as the first. The second is by far the weakest and takes the most liberties with being ridiculous. You do have to suspend disbelief in these films but it is totally insane to say they are a bad trilogy especially when the first is genius. Not to mention that the original is actually pretty crappy if you go back and watch it. Just because it is a classic doesn't make it good. If you look at the original Thomas Crown it is actually quite bad. The remake was a fun, very well done film. Clearly the previous reviewer has an axe to grind and that is making it into their review. If the extras are anything like extras on the non-HD versions, you'll be pleased. Rarely have I appreciated a commentary but they have some great ones on these discs.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fake Blu Ray, January 15, 2012
I ordered the Blu Ray Ocean's Trilogy, and it is horrible quality. It looks like it is a pirated version, which is too bad because I gave it to my husband for Christmas- and it was disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Trilogy, October 27, 2007
What a great deal for all 3 HD DVD's, under $20 each. 11 is a modern classic, 12 is a lot of fun, and 13 is another delightful classic in the vein of the first. A great trilogy of fun movies- these aren't monumental motion pictures, they are fluff, they are fun, and I'll have this on my shelf for years to come.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worst Bluray Transfer Ever !!!, March 27, 2012
I have just finished Ocean's 12. Not even dare to open 13 as next. I have never and ever experienced the worst quality of bluray transfer on any movie since I started to own player and bluray products. This is the worst. Trust me. I felt regret not to trust the previous review.

2.0 out of 5 stars 2 stars on quality NOT on movies, December 17, 2011
3 stars is for $ ONLY. I got mine for $18 on Amazon. IF this was the usual $30-$50, I would give it 1 star because of the quality of the transfer.

(For me) The first is my fav. The second it seemed like they tried way too hard to make it confusing, and it didn't seem to really climax. It was also plagued by over-performed acting. The third I think they brought it back down to normalcy. It neither had the complexity of the first nor the confusion of the second. It was done straight. You never asked how they did it. A bit of a snoozer though.

I forgot how disappointing the second and third movies were. I am a huge fan of Soderbergh though and for $15 you can't complain!

Hidefdigest was right. The first movie looks pretty good while the second 2 are awful. The picture never pops and the second 2 have so much grain it is ridiculous. The last two movies look like dvd's. It is like they literally took the video_ts files and put them on a blank dvd.

As for the audio, Dolby Digital 5.1 is all you get. I kept cycling through my receiver and the BR menu looking for the TrueHD/DTS ma option. Really? Even Frosty the snowman on BR has True HD. What's the deal?

If the first movie is pretty cheap on BR I would suggest picking it up and keeping your other 2 movies on DVD. But, like I said before, $15 is not exactly breaking the bank either.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great move TERRIBLE TRANSFER, September 2, 2012
Probably one of my favorite trilogy of movies but one of the very worst bluray transfers I have ever seen. 11 is almost passable as DVD quality but the others are very noisy and below DVD quality. STAY AWAY

Ocean's Trilogy (Ocean's Eleven / Ocean's Twelve / Ocean's Thirteen) [Blu-ray]