Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on October 9, 2008
I enjoyed the movies my self and looked forward to the BD release, but when I put them in my player and noticed the almost DVD quality video I felt ripped off. There are numerous artifacts through out the movies and bad colors. Buy with caution.
44 comments| 119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2008
This is, without a doubt, the WORST quality blu-ray movie I have seen!! what were they thinking when they did this transfer? It is hard to see a big difference in this regular DVD and the Blu-ray.

The movies are great. the quality is a real let down. This review is based on the HD quality, not the review of the movie, as it should be on the Blue ray box set listing. Don't waste your money until they do a better job with the quality of the conversion
11 comment| 172 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2007
The pros:
Brilliant ensemble cast
Entertaining story lines that are enjoyable through multiple viewings

The cons:
Lack of special features (Ocean's 12 disk special feature consists of...drumroll please...the TRAILER alone)
No real justification to buy box set unless you are just really really excited about owning, well, the box
on July 3, 2008
I'm sure everyone has seen this series so my rating is not based on the plot or acting quality. Everything looks great in HD, of course. The problem is that because they are crooks (lovable crooks, but crooks nonetheless) their operations usually happen at night or in the dark. That means tons of film noise, which is gloriously captured in 1080p. I find that some of the night/dark shots are grainy to a point of being obvious, though not enough to annoy me. It's like two guys sitting next to you in the theater, constantly chatting away in low volumes. It doesn't distract from the movie, but you'd enjoy things a little more if it weren't there. That's the only minor imperfection I could find. Everything else is marvelous.
on January 15, 2012
I ordered the Blu Ray Ocean's Trilogy, and it is horrible quality. It looks like it is a pirated version, which is too bad because I gave it to my husband for Christmas- and it was disappointing.
on December 17, 2011
3 stars is for $ ONLY. I got mine for $18 on Amazon. IF this was the usual $30-$50, I would give it 1 star because of the quality of the transfer.

(For me) The first is my fav. The second it seemed like they tried way too hard to make it confusing, and it didn't seem to really climax. It was also plagued by over-performed acting. The third I think they brought it back down to normalcy. It neither had the complexity of the first nor the confusion of the second. It was done straight. You never asked how they did it. A bit of a snoozer though.

I forgot how disappointing the second and third movies were. I am a huge fan of Soderbergh though and for $15 you can't complain!

Hidefdigest was right. The first movie looks pretty good while the second 2 are awful. The picture never pops and the second 2 have so much grain it is ridiculous. The last two movies look like dvd's. It is like they literally took the video_ts files and put them on a blank dvd.

As for the audio, Dolby Digital 5.1 is all you get. I kept cycling through my receiver and the BR menu looking for the TrueHD/DTS ma option. Really? Even Frosty the snowman on BR has True HD. What's the deal?

If the first movie is pretty cheap on BR I would suggest picking it up and keeping your other 2 movies on DVD. But, like I said before, $15 is not exactly breaking the bank either.
on March 27, 2012
I have just finished Ocean's 12. Not even dare to open 13 as next. I have never and ever experienced the worst quality of bluray transfer on any movie since I started to own player and bluray products. This is the worst. Trust me. I felt regret not to trust the previous review.
on October 11, 2007
Ocean's Eleven is a fantastic film and the two follow on are still a good time, although not the same quality as the first. The second is by far the weakest and takes the most liberties with being ridiculous. You do have to suspend disbelief in these films but it is totally insane to say they are a bad trilogy especially when the first is genius. Not to mention that the original is actually pretty crappy if you go back and watch it. Just because it is a classic doesn't make it good. If you look at the original Thomas Crown it is actually quite bad. The remake was a fun, very well done film. Clearly the previous reviewer has an axe to grind and that is making it into their review. If the extras are anything like extras on the non-HD versions, you'll be pleased. Rarely have I appreciated a commentary but they have some great ones on these discs.
on October 27, 2007
What a great deal for all 3 HD DVD's, under $20 each. 11 is a modern classic, 12 is a lot of fun, and 13 is another delightful classic in the vein of the first. A great trilogy of fun movies- these aren't monumental motion pictures, they are fluff, they are fun, and I'll have this on my shelf for years to come.
on October 8, 2014
I'd never seen the two sequels before purchasing this trilogy, but the $15 price for the set was to good to resist. "Ocean's 11" is wonderful, of course -- a witty and clever and exciting crime caper. "Ocean's 12" caught me a bit off-guard. It has a more convoluted plot -- more artsy than the other two films, perhaps because it's set in Europe -- and took a good 45-minute to get moving, for me. Still, I enjoyed it and suspect I'll enjoy it more the second time around. "Ocean's 13" is perhaps the equal of "Ocean's 11". It's complex -- but not convoluted -- and lots of fun. $15 for all three films -- on blu-ray! -- is really a bargain.

The quality of the blu-ray picture itself isn't anything special. It's fine and all that, but the films have sort of an orange cast to them and a soft focus -- no doubt the director's intention. It's not that they look bad, but just that they don't have the clarity of some blu-rays, like "Lawrence of Arabia", "The Adventures of Robin Hood", or "The Untouchables". The sound is fine, but generally lacks any exciting surround sound panning -- these films aren't "Top Gun" after all. All in all, a worthy purchase and a good deal.