Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

on December 8, 2009
This is a really nice watch if you can take the price. If you are not a watch collector or geek you may want to forgo this one however. It has about 50 different functions and only four buttons so getting it to do something specific is not very easy. As a matter of fact the included owner's manual is some 40 pages of microscopic print. Fortunately you can down-load and print a manual with larger type from the Casio web site (you'll need it). The watch has 6 hands and 5 dial faces. Three of the dial faces have multiple uses so just figuring out what mode the watch is in requires noting the positions of all 6 hands on all 5 dials and then comparing the configuration you see to diagrams and descriptions in the manual.

The second time zone feature is nice and swapping your home zone for the zone of a city you are visiting is handy. It just takes 16 key strokes (presses?) and is described in detail on page 37 of the manual. By the way, while in Switzerland this spring I couldn't get it to receive time signals from either England or Germany. The Swiss hate the watch because they say that they can do everything mechanically that it can do electronically so I wonder if they are jamming the signal.

Everyone notices this watch. That is good and bad. The good is you can take it off and show them how light it is and how many functions (dials, hands) it has. The bad happens if they ask you to demonstrate one of the functions. In that case you have to pull out the manual and start reading and pressing and comparing. The other bad thing is when you pull the manual out they see "Casio" on the cover of the manual and say "You spent HOW MUCH for that Casio?".

I gave it two stars for bling and two stars for being geek. That's four stars, right?
on March 8, 2009
This watch is truly a sight to behold. The photos don't even do it justice. The Atomic Time Keeping works great, combined with SOLAR power makes it a very cool precise analog watch.

The Stop Watch and Countdown timers are intuitive. The alarm is so dainty quiet it's pretty much useless, but now I use my iPhone for alarm reminders anyway.

The world time feature is a great feature for when I'm traveling. Especially if between the same two locations, it's a breeze. Also very cool how the hands move gracefully between time zones.

If you're looking for a nice dressy watch for work or going out on the town, this watch is fabulous. I love having a watch that is precise, and this one totally fits that bill. Again, something is very cool about such a traditional looking watch have such high tech innerds.
on July 20, 2009
I saw the 700 series of this watch in a SkyMall catalog about two years ago and thought it was nice. I never jumped to purchase it though. Recently, with the release of the 800 series I decided to finally get one. Mainly because this one swaps the Tide Graph of the 700 with a countdown timer which I think is more useful. The solar power means no battery replacement for a long time and the Atomic clock synchronization means no worries with having the correct time or setting for daylight savings time.

I agree with the other review on here that the alarm is pretty much useless as I cannot hear it unless I hold it very close to my ear. Admittedly my hearing is bad, but not that bad. The same is true for the acknowledgment beeps for turning on a setting mode as well. In addition, my brother wears his in a pretty abusive environment and it still looks nice when dressed up. Given those things I finally bit the bullet and purchased my own and so far am loving it.
on March 26, 2010
I belive it is a very big mistake buying any model of the Oceanus watches. They are basically Casio watches, designed by the people who works on $50 watches, for the parts they will give you Casio's part department's phone number and service they provide is terrible. The spring bar of my watch was broken at the slightest hand shake. I learned that part is 50 cents. They want $5 for shipment. They do not consider it under warranty. For continuation of warranty, they want me to send the watch to them by mail, they want to look at it and decide what to do. Even if they want to change it, the part is at the back order for 4-6 weeks. Even though the model is only a few months old they want shipping paper. They say your registeration at their web site cannot be accessed by them.

Buying an Oceanus is making a contribution to Casio' market test for entering prestigious watch market. In the mean time they treat you just like you deserve by paying 3 to 4 times more for a Casio watch for the Oceanus name. I feel very very stupid for buying their product. Be careful. Even the Seiko's cheapest models are much more robust. You will pay like a Rolex buyer and treated like a stupid Casio customer.