5.0 out of 5 stars Never been without Octagon soap
1990s - the manufacturer said unable to
get some of the original ingredients. So
the bars changed color slightly and have
A slightly greasier feel, but still cleans better than
any other soap I have tried.
I...
Published on January 2, 2011 by P&B

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what to think
I purchased this bar soap as the final component in making a batch of so-called homemade laundry detergent. In the past, I have used Ivory bar soap, which seems to work just fine, but I wanted to also try some other soaps that are more geared toward laundry. Based on reviews, Octagon seemed like a good candidate. Upon receiving it in the mail, I removed the wrapper...
Published on February 14, 2012 by C. Friske

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Never been without Octagon soap, January 2, 2011
P&B "P&B" (St. Petersburg, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Octagon All Purpose Bar Soap (Pack of 3) (Health and Beauty)
I am sixty years old and there has always been
Octagon soap in my house. The recipe
for this soap changed around the late
1990s - the manufacturer said unable to
get some of the original ingredients. So
the bars changed color slightly and have
A slightly greasier feel, but still cleans better than
any other soap I have tried.
I use it for bathing, shampooing, washing
clothes, cleaning cast iron, healing wounds,
scrubbing greasy machine parts, bathing
Kitty, anything that needs cleaning. And,
Yes the taste is familiar and home-like for
potty-mouth moments. Guess how I know.
Biggest thing though, is I use Octagon as
the first cleaning after a Brown Recluse spider
Bite. Had six or seven bites this summer
alone so I put the treatment I figured out
on a review on the iodine page so anyone
could see the treatment (with pics). But Check
With Your Doctor Before Trying It! Please.
Be sensible. Check with your doctor first.
Ta. Pam

5.0 out of 5 stars OCTAGON SOAP, December 9, 2010
Ron (Dover, TN USA) - See all my reviews
This is a super, super product that works as advertised. I'm 67 and my mom told me she used to wash my diapers with this soap. Never ended up with a rash. Google it and read it's history and other uses. They are all good

5.0 out of 5 stars Love That Octagon, July 2, 2010
After having located a bar of this soap in my grandmother's laundry cabinet, I became hooked on it. It took out grease stains that had been on my favorite sweatshirt for over 6 months of wearings, washings and dryings. My husband's shirt collars never looked better. All it took was a dampened tooth brush which I brushed over the Octagon bar then used to gently scrub the soap in. That's it--clothes into the wash (along with regular laundry detergent) and out clean! I searched high and low for Octagon for about 9 months never thinking to check on Amazon for soap. I purchased 6 bars and have been happily fighting (and defeating)annoying laundry stains ever since. I highly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Acne Wash Attempt, March 26, 2012
*I am reviewing this item strictly based on its use as an acne wash*
I suffer from cystic acne and have tried a gagillion things and after hearing about this product I said what the heck. During the search I found reviews in regard to cystic acne were pretty limited so I here to hopefully help you. So far it's worked pretty great. I usually have about 3-5 boils/cyst pimple/whatever and now I have been down to 1 (1 month of use). Obviously it is a not a cure all but between my limited nut diet(that and stress seem to trigger my outbreaks), tea tree oil and generic acne regiment my skin is looking a lot better. The octagon seemed to set me over the hump. But just fyi when I tried using it alone I flared up again so I would not say that it is a cure all. For the price it's totally worth it and for all you with cystic acne know, money really is no option when it comes down to those physically and emotionally painful buggers.
p.s. do not get it in your mouth.. i had the worst heartburn/stomach acid when some got in my mouth.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for artists, August 28, 2010
I am an artist and want every artist to know, this is a great product for cleaning your paint brushes and keeping them soft and pliable. You clean them first as normally do then scrub your brushes on the bar of soap with plenty of water, then rinse. I have used this product for years but lately have not been able to find it in grocery stores where I normally purchase it so I had to go online to find it. It is also great for dry scaly spots on the body and stops itching. I can't say enough about this product. Octagon bar soap is the greatest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good all around soap, April 29, 2011
I've been using this soap for a while now. I does a good job on just about anything and a bar lasts forever. Buy a few extra bars and unwrap them so they dry out. It makes the soap last twice as long.

5.0 out of 5 stars Only one quibble, June 7, 2013
Penelope Bareau (New York, New York, US) - See all my reviews
I've used this soap for decades and suddenly couldn't find it anywhere. Except at Amazon.com. So I bought it there. Instead of paying about $1.25 a bar, I paid about $10 a bar and had to buy three. That is my quibble.

But now I have enough for the rest of my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great just like i remembered., July 21, 2011
I was happy to have found this staple from my childhood. It is a great product and am thankful Amazon had it. I will check Amazon first from now on for any shopping needs and recommend that all do also.

5.0 out of 5 stars great old remedy for poison ivy, August 18, 2012
Product came very quickly and in mint condition. We use this soap to stop the spread of poison ivy and speed healing. My mother in law told us about it ,since they used this product when she was a child.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful soap!!, September 26, 2011
very good soap, i love the scent and it cleans your skin very well without being harsh, I LOVE this soap!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Octagon All Purpose Bar Soap (Pack of 3)
$79.99