1,018 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Functions perfectly, and you can't beat the price
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:31 Mins
I researched several different camera/cell phone tripods on Amazon, and this one by Case Star was significantly less expensive than the others. For such an inexpensive price, I figured I'd give it a try. Verdict - it's a bargain that functions perfectly.

Published 20 months ago by Inspiring Insomnia

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible compared to other brands
Published on July 31, 2012 by parms512

5.0 out of 5 stars Functions perfectly, and you can't beat the price, January 19, 2013
This review is from: Case Star Octopus Style Portable and adjustable Tripod Stand Holder for iPhone, Cellphone ,Camera and Case Star Cellphone Bag-Blue and Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Length:: 1:31 Mins

It works with both my Sony Cybershot camera and my iPhone. I have both a 5 and a 3GS. For the video, I demonstrated with the relatively heavy 3GS with the bulky case in my video, and as you can see, at 5.75 ounces, the tripod supported it with ease. The Sony camera, by comparison, is 3.75 ounces.

The tripod allows for a wide range of angles by adjusting any or all of the three of the legs, as well as the top portion that attaches to your camera or phone. I've found it to be perfectly stable on a variety of surfaces.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Item - Not Sure Why They Aren't More Widely Available, January 16, 2013
Let me start by confirming the one thing that I wasn't 100 percent sure about when making the purchase: The product came with the tripod, holder, and bag so that nothing else is needed for you to use your iPhone, camera, or other similar sized product with this particular tripod package.

After stopping at Best Buy, Radio Shack, Walmart, Target, and a few cell phone kiosks at the mall, I realized that the online option was going to be the only way for me to get this item, which is weird since I'd think more people would want something to hold their phone in various positions while taking self shots or group shots that you want to be included in. Using the item is super simple and I figured out how to do the attachments within moments of opening the product--without using directions. Don't be scared. Even though my iPhone 4 is within a case that isn't easy to remove, it still fits with room to spare if needed, which makes me believe that it will work with most cases and shells of various phones without you having to remove the case.

Because I wasn't 100% sure that this item would include everything I needed, I bought a few other similarly priced items just in case. Take it from me, though, you won't need to. The tripod can stand on all three legs, but all of the "balls" along the legs are jointed so that you can flex the legs into a wide variety of positions--even on surfaces that aren't flat. The last thing that I'll point out is that you can adjust your camera or phone from side to side or back to front just in case you need to take a picture at a weird angle. This will let you do it!!! It's perfect for me to use for self shots for my humor blog.

Michael Rochelle

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible compared to other brands, July 31, 2012
These sky lanterns worked horrible compared to other brands I've used. They literally take over 1 minute to light with a lighter held directly to the fuel cell. Even when being very gentle and patient, we could only get about half of the lanterns to take flight (even with no wind). I've used some lanterns that light in about 5 seconds and are filled with hot air ready to fly in about 1 minute. These lanterns take an enormous amount of patience and absolutely no wind.

Also, when we received the lanterns in the mail, they were packaged in a plastic shipping bag, and one of the lanterns was ripped. Packaging certainly was not adequate. I contacted the seller via email and did not receive a response.

I would definitely recommend spending a little extra money and getting quality lanterns that are easier to use. These lanterns take so long to light and take flight, you definitely would not want to use with kids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what is described, November 14, 2012
I was a bit skeptical since this was so cheap. But I couldn't be happier. This is NOT for big cameras. But I bought something I could use with my cell phone(android) or my wife's(iphone) or our little Sony CS. It works with all of them. We take it out on the trail hiking with us. It's great to use with the self timer on my phone, or if I'm using skype or something like that. It's actually pretty sturdy. It's so cheap, I would be happy if it lasted at least a year. I wouldn't mind buying another.

5.0 out of 5 stars sky lanterns, August 23, 2011
There are tons of sites for sky lanterns. I was lucky to find this one on amazon.com. This will be the second time I've ordered these lanterns. They work great and kids as well as adults enjoyed the display. Well worth the expense and you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sky Lanterns, November 29, 2010
These lanterns are just the best. Easy to set up and launch. They are beautiful to watch as they float skyward.

1.0 out of 5 stars Total Junk, September 26, 2012
We purchased these last year and they were great. This year however, they were smaller, the fuel cells were impossible to light and when they did finally light, they didn't want to fly up at all. It was a very disappointing celebration due to these. They were a total waste of money. UPDATE: Amazon refunded my $ to me very quickly once I complained to them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for use with iPhone 5, February 3, 2013
Like some of the other reviewers, I was skeptical of this product's low price compared to similar tripod models. However, when the product arrived containing everything needed for use (the tripod itself, a small camera mount, and a bag), I immediately slipped my iPhone in and started recording some videos. This product works as described and is an excellent, reasonably-priced tripod for holding small devices steady.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect and beautiful, May 5, 2011
These worked flawlessly and were the perfect end to a birthdy evening! Highly recommended! Make sure to have a large open area to set them off in.

5.0 out of 5 stars WONDERFUL, EXCITING, AND FUN!, December 12, 2012
Sunvalleytek really came through.Quick delivery! I was hesitant to purchase these skylanterns after reading some of the negitive reviews. I decided to place the order and try for them out for myself. So glad I did. I purchased them to bring to a Christmas gathering. Everyone there was truly in awe. They were beautiful to look at, fun to light, and exciting to watch float far off in the distance. Get some and ENJOY!

Rate and Discover Movies