Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 9, 2013 11:21:38 AM PST
mrs prez 714 says:
Can anyone tell me whether Odd Interlude can be read before Odd Apocalypse? I understand that Interlude was originally released on the authors website in 3 parts, and subsequently released in book form Jan. 2013.

I've been told not to read Interlude before Apocalypse, but Interlude seems to begin just hours after Odd Hours ends.

(I wish these books would be numbered on the book cover, or at least in Amazon's descriptions. I can find no list on Amazon or Koontz's own website listing the actual chronological order of books in this series. And it's super confusing with these titles.)

Please correct me if I'm wrong; this is the chronological series order, as I understand it:

#1-Odd Thomas
#2-Forever Odd
#3-Brother Odd
#4-Odd Hours
#5-Odd Interlude
#6-Odd Apocalypse
#7-Deeply Odd (to be released 5/13)

Thanks for any info.

Posted on Feb 26, 2013 9:32:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 26, 2013 9:33:14 AM PST
On my bookshelf, I've placed "Odd Interlude" between "Odd Hours" and Odd Apocalypse." As stated "Odd Interlude" appears to directly follow "ODD Hours," with references to its final storyline, with concerns about being stopped by authorities and driving the Mercedes car they exited "Odd Hours" in.

Posted on Jun 3, 2013 7:44:57 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 3, 2013 7:52:39 AM PDT
Russell says:
#1-Odd Thomas
#2-Forever Odd
#3-Brother Odd
#4-Odd Hours
#5-Odd Interlude*
#6-Odd Apocalypse
#7-Deeply Odd

*Odd Interlude is a 3 book series, released as a serial, all 3 books are the same story broken up into 3 books, released seperately.
Marketing ploy I think. Stephen King did the same thing with The Green Mile.
Odd Interlude would be, technically, book #5.

There are also several graphic novels released as Odd Thomas stories, written by Koontz, and illustrated by Queenie Chan.
Very cool comic book type novels.
1. In Odd We Trust
2. Odd is On Our Side
3. House of Odd

Get 'em all. I did. Can't wait for the next one.....

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 7:26:14 AM PDT
http://www.albrittain.com/service-dogs/dean-koontz-ewtn-interview/
This is a great interview with Dean Koontz re: Oddy

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2013 5:25:19 AM PDT
according to Wikipedia the order is this:
#1 Odd Thomas
#2 Forever Odd
#3 Brother Odd
#4 Odd Hours
#5 Odd Apocalypse
#6 In Odd we trust
#7 Odd is on our Side
*8 Odd Interlude
*9 Deeply Odd

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 7, 2014 5:09:22 PM PDT
metsgirl says:
That was probably the order they were published, but not the actual order of the stories, it is a bit confusing. The two graphic novels you mentioned: Odd is on our side and In Odd we trust ( as well as House of Odd), are actually prequels to Odd Thomas as they feature the adventures of Odd & Stormy. As a lot of people have mentioned , Odd Interlude starts within hours of where Odd Hours left off. Odd, Annamarie, and " friends" are in the process of escaping Magic Beach. It then goes into Odd Apocolyspe and finally Deeply Odd.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Feb 9, 2013
Latest post:  Jul 7, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Odd Interlude: A Special Odd Thomas Adventure
Odd Interlude: A Special Odd Thomas Adventure by Dean Koontz (Mass Market Paperback - January 1, 2013)
4.5 out of 5 stars (1,024)