Odd release date. Is it still October?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 20, 2012 2:41:53 PM PDT
Ted B. says:
Zero Escape's release date went from 10/23/2012 to 10/24/2012. I am intending on ordering SF x Tekken, Monkeyball and Zero Escape to bundle in one order, but only the former two titles are available on the 23rd with release day shipping options.

Amazon says that a notification will be sent for Zero Escape's availability, despite it saying the 24th.

Does this just mean all the copies amazon ordered to ship are spoken for, that the release date has been pushed back, or what?

Posted on Oct 21, 2012 5:00:02 PM PDT
Dawn M says:
The "release date" was always October 24 for VLR, as that's when Amazon will start shipping them, and RDD was never available for it. For whatever reason, it seems Aksys is one of those publishers that don't allow games to be shipped before their release date.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2012 4:32:19 AM PDT
Ted B. says:
I guess controlling their limited print runs and prepping for their pre-order bonus practices is what keeps them able to get accurate sales data and plan or solicit from there.

Thanks for the explanation, though, but I believe I had seen 23 on Zero Escape for months. It is 23 on Playstation's blog this week, and it's 23 on Gamestop and Wal-Mart's sites. 23 is Tuesday, when games always come out, and when both Street Fighter X Tekken and Super Monkeyball will be released for Vita.

I really just wanted to make sure this didn't mean all copies had been sold out, or that I would be waiting several weeks for an order by trying to stick to Amazon.

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 9:38:16 AM PDT
Dawn M says:
Actually games are released any day of the week, Tuesday is just the norm. Skyrim was a Friday release, and Nintendo releases a lot of stuff on Fridays and Sundays. For some companies Tuesdays are release dates, for others Tuesday is the ship date.

I pre-ordered Hakuoki, another Aksys title, back in February, and the same thing happened. It didn't ship until Wednesday then either.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 22, 2012 3:18:37 PM PDT
Ted B. says:
Cool. I ordered it anyway and just hoped for the best. Totally glad to hear it's normal, status quo with Akrsys games, then. Thanks for your help.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Oct 20, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - PlayStation Vita
Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward - PlayStation Vita by Aksys (PlayStation Vita)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (84)