5.0 out of 5 stars All Ya'll! Follow me! Work!
Published on July 19, 2011 by Megan Hewins

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe a great game - I can't load it.
Published 16 months ago by Sharon McCarthy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars All Ya'll! Follow me! Work!, July 19, 2011
Megan Hewins (Spokane, Washington USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus [Download] (Software Download)
Oddworld games are still the most creative and challenging games ever made. Abe's exoddus is the best of the bunch. While Oddysee Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee [Download] introduced the game and has a better plot, exoddus perfected game play. Oddysee is so difficult, the game borders on unadulterated masochism. Exoddus is just as challenging but gameplay has improved with quicksave feature and numerous other tweaks that makes the game more playable. The 2D graphics are BEAUTIFUL. I love 2D games.

The download is listed as compatible with XP and earlier for windows. I have windows 7 and I was slightly nervous when I purchased it thinking there would be trouble. And there was. The screen blinked and blurped a lot. I did a quick search and fixed it in five minutes.

Quick Fix Guide:

* Right click on the game in your Start menu.

* Go to "Properties", then select the "Compatibility" tab.

* Click on "Run this game in compatibility mode" then choose "Windows Service Pack Two".

* Further down on that same screen under "Privilege Level" select "Run as Administrator".

I usually prefer playing with a gamepad, but the gamepad was not fully compatible no matter what I did. However, the keyboard interface is well designed and becomes seamless quickly.

Treat yourself to one of the most entertaining and challenging games in the history of video games!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game ever. Few minor bugs., December 29, 2010
This review is from: Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus [Download] (Software Download)
The game is so fun and even though it's about 14 years old, it is one of the greatest games. This game is meant for people with a very long interest span. This game takes hours and hours to complete, but the scenery is AMAZING. There is millions of rooms, each looking like games made today with the unbelievable graphics. The movement is so fluid. It's addicting and easy to learn because of LED screens along the way with data bases. It's a 2D game, but the characters move so fluid. I can't believe that the game is already almost 14 years old because it looks so modern. The cinema clips are TREMENDOUS! It looks so real. It looks like it was made this year.

In the first game (this is second), you basically save your fellow slaves after finding out your the next food on the menu after all the other food going extinct. This game, you basically do the same thing, but better graphics, and way more things to do. You even get to mind control enemies.

Depending on how many Mudokens you save, you will get a good ending, or a bad ending.

Cons: Make sure you save the game every 5 minutes because the game crashed 2 times for me randomly.
Also, the graphics are a tad worse then the Ps1 version because it was not originally supposed to be for the PC.

All said, this is the best game ever, and looks so modern. YOU HAVE TO GET THIS GAME!

4.0 out of 5 stars I loved this game on PS1 back in the day!, May 20, 2013
Hadjii "hadjii" (Sierra Vista, AZ) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus [Download] (Software Download)
The download and installation were a little tricky. I have a WIndows 7 box and sometimes the game loads with no sound. I close & re-open it sometimes 10 times and on the 10th time it works. I can't find any reason why this happens. Game is great, works well with a Logitech 10 button wireless controller, and brought back great gameplay memories!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, and inexpensive!, April 10, 2013
This review is from: Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus [Download] (Software Download)
I've spent many hours playing this game! It's a great 2D platform game, works great with a game controller on Windows Vista, and 256 MB video card. I have nearly completed the game several times, but the final level is too difficult, with a 4 minute timer. I like restarting from the beginning for more practice.

This is a great game for the price, don't pass up!

5.0 out of 5 stars So Happy I Found This Game!, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus [Download] (Software Download)
I got this game a loooonnnggg time ago for Christmas and I loved the long game play. I mean, the game continued on a separate disc! Sometime later I lost it, but I'm so happy I found here (and for way cheap) to play on my computer. The gameplay is not hard to pick up and I actually prefer it over the original Playstation game. Definitely not as high def or action-packed as games today, so it may be boring to some, but if you like games that are more puzzle-like in nature this one may be for you.

As for the slow download and glitches and crashes during gameplay, I think that may depend on your computer OS. I have Windows Vista and have never had a problem with the game.

So overall, if you like challenging puzzle like games that don't take a day to finish I definitely say give this game a try. In my opinion, I don't think there is another game like it!

5.0 out of 5 stars hahahaha, March 16, 2012
This review is from: Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus [Download] (Software Download)
i bought this game for my grown up sons who claims they played when they were younger. they can't get anywhere past when the slugs kill them and send them back to the last level. this is te best game i ever bought from amazon, cheap, fast download, and i was able to heehee at my sons for a change. if you can work the keyboard while playing this game, you will love it and hate it at the same time. it's that good, and hard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, February 26, 2014
This review is from: Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus [Download] (Software Download)
Very nice addition to Abe's series

The new save function is very helpful for the difficult areas.

Abe's Oddysee was a bit more trying at times, almost to the point of freustration.

This game does a bit better at avoiding "stressful" in game tasks.

Works great with Gravis or Logitech Game Pads.

5.0 out of 5 stars great game, January 30, 2014
This review is from: Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus [Download] (Software Download)
I have the OddWorld games 1 and 2 for the ps2 console. I am really happy with the PC download.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, October 3, 2013
This review is from: Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus [Download] (Software Download)
I enjoyed every bit of it , rarely you can find someone of the recent generation who knows this game , it's old enough but is much adventurous than nowadays games and has so many moral issues , and so so entertaining .

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe a great game - I can't load it., September 18, 2013
This review is from: Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus [Download] (Software Download)
I can't say "I hate it". That's Amazon's interpretation of a one-star rating. I can't really say anything about the content because I was unable to load the game on my Windows XP. I was totally baffled until I discovered this game was designed for Windows 98, and it's incompatible with every Windows upgrade since. I'd also ordered Abe's Oddyssee - same story. I felt like I'd been suckered. Hey, I'm old, I'm 67, I'm just figuring out how to transfer photos to my picture gallery, but even I know there aren't a whole lot of 98's still running. I wrote Amazon suggesting they be more specific about which systems these games will work on, and I was told the information is clearly displayed. Maybe so, I have such faith in Amazon it just never occurred to me any games they sell might be obsolete and useless. Sharon-Cave Creek

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›