Customer Discussions > For Your Entertainment forum

Odds & Ends 2

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 7151-7175 of 10000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 8:03:17 PM PDT
sandy2696 says:
http://www.mjsbigblog.com/one-dies-in-radiohead-stage-collapse-video.htm
I know you all were talking about this earlier. These portable fair stages need to be better anchored or something.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012 8:42:44 PM PDT
sandy2696 says:
This should be interesting--Christina is collaborating with her production assistant boyfriend on her new album
http://blog.music.aol.com/2012/06/15/christina-aguilera-matthew-rutler-collaboration/?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl8%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D170205

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 8:58:56 PM PDT
Fantastic says:
Jan,
As soon as the FDA approves any of the three antibodies I can start taking it. There will be a prety high co-pay but since I'm taking an expensive pill (Crestor) plus a bad tasting liquid (Welchol) daily now and my LDL (bad cholesterol) is still too high, I'm willing to pay it.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012 9:04:16 PM PDT
Fantastic says:
Sandy,
Well, they've all passed the final human clinical trials for safety and efficacy but the FDA can take forever to okay new meds. I hope it's soon. I already know how to give injections because I used to administer my husband's meds because he didn't want to give himself shots.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 12:08:33 AM PDT
Fantastic says:
My daughter has gotten me "into" the music of this band, "fun."

Some Nights

They have a pop radio hit, "We Are Young", but they're really an indie band and they're all very talented.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES7soyUcbH4&feature=related

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 6:15:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012 6:15:50 AM PDT
Deb says:
Weez, I love that article.

In your FACE, O.M.M. !!

( I wonder where Neil is in his assignment...lol)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 6:41:01 AM PDT
Deb says:
Polly, I have seen that band perform on an award show...can't remember which one. I think that the frontman looks like a young Marky Mark...;-)

I like their "We are Young" song and video.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 8:25:31 AM PDT
Gini says:
Deb ~
I agree "We are Young" is a great song and very well done. It really lifts your spirits when you hear their clear voices! Sounds hopefully. Gini :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 8:26:04 AM PDT
The Weez says:
Deb,
Yes, I thought that was a good article, too. As for Neil, I think he was just grandstanding for Adam and his fans since he has a girlfriend. It was pretty funny though (from both of them).

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 8:52:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012 8:52:23 AM PDT
Fantastic says:
Deb and Gini,
My daughter saw "fun." at the Bonnaroo Festival. She went there to see Radiohead, Foster the People and many other groups that she loves but when she saw "fun." live, she said that they were amazing. She loves their music now and just bought their new album. That's one of the benefits of performing at a music festival. People who never heard you before hear you and become fans.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 9:13:33 AM PDT
The Weez says:
Darn, I guess this means the US can't deport Westboro Baptist Church members to Canada.
Jennifer ‏@perfectway76
Go Canada! RT"@OMGFacts: Canada has specifically banned members of Westboro Baptist Church from entering the country! http://omgf.ac/ts/vfJ"

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 10:59:48 AM PDT
HEPHAESTION says:
Well...thank god..as least Canada has standards!..hep.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 11:11:24 AM PDT
The Weez says:
Hep,
I suppose this also means that we can't return the Bieb. :(

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 11:32:58 AM PDT
HEPHAESTION says:
Louise...LOL!..hep.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2012 12:49:42 PM PDT
sandy2696 says:
Well there is a country with some common sense!

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 1:22:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 18, 2012 6:05:47 AM PDT
HEPHAESTION says:
Of course as we all know L. Lohan has been in the news the week when she did not show up on the set of a t.v. movie about Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton..funny thing,L. Lohan is one person i would never think of playing Liz..does not have the acting chops or the beauty to pull that off but i am sure they got her for a bargain base price because this girl is broke,one does not pose for Playboy because you are bored..hep.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 8:04:56 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012 8:16:17 PM PDT
Fantastic says:
Oh, dear. I just read that Jack Osbourne, Ozzie and Sharon's son and Kelly's brother, has been diagnosed with MS at age 26. He's engaged and a new father. He's quite angry about it and who wouldn't be at his young age and with a new family? I hope that he goes into remission and stays there. It's a disease that's very unpredicatable and not very treatable.

According to Web MD:

There is no way to predict how each person's condition will progress. It often takes years before a doctor can have some idea on how the disease will progress. There are four courses that MS takes.

Relapsing-remitting MS: characterized by unpredictable acute attacks, called "exacerbations," with worsening of symptoms followed by full, partial, or no recovery of some function. These attacks appear to evolve over several days to weeks. Recovery from an attack takes weeks sometimes months. The disease does not worsen in the periods between the attacks. This pattern usually occurs early in the course of MS in most people.

Primary-progressive MS: characterized by a gradual but steady progression of disability, without any obvious relapses and remissions. This form of disease occurs in just 15% of all people with MS but is more common in people diagnosed after age 40.

Secondary-progressive MS: initially begins with a relapsing-remitting course, but later evolves into progressive disease. The progressive part of the disease may begin shortly after the onset of MS, or it may occur years or decades later.

Progressive-relapsing MS: This is the least common form of the disease and is characterized by a steady progression in disability with acute attacks that may or may not be followed by some recovery. People with progressive relapsing MS initially appear to have primary progressive MS.

Most people with MS are diagnosed between the ages of 20 and 40, so Jack is not that young, just unlucky.

Posted on Jun 17, 2012 8:35:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 17, 2012 8:37:23 PM PDT
Fantastic says:
Rodney King found dead in swimming pool

Rodney King, whose videotaped beating by police in 1991 sparked the L.A. riots, was found dead at his California home on Sunday. He was 47.

Police said King's fiancée discovered him at the bottom of the swimming pool at their Rialto, Calif., home, about 55 miles east of Los Angeles. Police responded to a call at 5:25 a.m., pulled King out of the pool and attempted CPR, but could not revive him.

King's representative Suzanne Wickman confirmed to his death to KABC-TV. King's fiancée, Cynthia Kelley, told friends King spent the bulk of Saturday drinking and smoked marijuana ar some point, before she went to went to bed at 2:00 a.m.

(It sounds like he was drunk and high and either jumped or fell into the pool and passed out.)

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 7:09:42 AM PDT
Deb says:
They don't call her a diva for nothing:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/16/madonna-mdna-tour-demands_n_1602774.html?icid=maing-grid10%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl3%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D170591

Hide the brown m&ms...lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 7:24:37 AM PDT
The Weez says:
Morning, Deb,
All the comforts of home and then some. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 7:56:46 AM PDT
Deb says:
Mornin', Weez. With the guns Madonna has, I don't know why she needs 30 bodyguards. That woman is built like a brick s**thouse.

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 8:12:33 AM PDT
The Weez says:
Haha, Deb,
The Amazon Po-po got you! I was going to respond to your post to say I agree with you; I think she's kind of scary looking. I bet she could snap her boyfriend in half without breaking a sweat. LOL

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 8:42:50 AM PDT
Fantastic says:
Those Amazon cops are early risers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzIFFKb_tU0

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 18, 2012 9:06:20 AM PDT
The Weez says:
Haha. Dudley Do-Right! That was funny. :)

Posted on Jun 18, 2012 3:43:49 PM PDT
Deb says:
Okay, po-po. She is built like a brick outdoor restroom.....hehe.
Discussion locked

This discussion

Participants:  33
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 5, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
For Your Entertainment
For Your Entertainment by Adam Lambert (Audio CD - 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (843)