Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
Customer Discussions > For Your Entertainment forum

Odds & Ends 2

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 176-200 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 14, 2011 10:44:27 AM PST
Deb says:
Thank you, Hep...you are such a sweetheart. Those were lucky women that held your love!!!!

deb

Posted on Feb 14, 2011 11:04:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 14, 2011 11:05:49 AM PST
HEPHAESTION says:
Thanks Deb..nice of you say so...my nephew asked me once what i thought about my life...i told him,i loved and was loved..no one could ask for more..hep.

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 5:55:32 PM PST
The Weez says:
Odds & Ends:
From VH1 news release, February 15, 2011

Rihanna Sued Over Her "S&M" Video

Rihanna`s video for the song "S&M," has already been banned in 11 countries but the drama surrounding the sexy video doesn't stop there. Photographer David LaChapelle is suing Rihanna, claiming she "directly derived" some of the images in the video from LaChapelle's fashion photography. In other words, he got ripped off.

The lawsuit says "the music video is directly derived from and substantially similar to the LaChapelle work," specifically eight shots in the video, which he claims copy the "composition, total concept, feel, tone, mood, theme, colors, props, settings, decors, wardrobe and lighting" of his previous work. LaChapelle has worked with Rihanna in the past but he had nothing to do with the "S&M" video, it was directed by Melina Matoukas.The Daily Mail has a shot-for-shot comparison to see just how similar the Rihanna video is to the photography-what do you think? We think it's similar, but not a total rip-off. Although eight instances of similarity might be too many for one video."

I haven't seen this music video yet, but in the interests of musical research, I probably need to take a look at it. :)

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 6:11:29 PM PST
S. Andrews says:
http://perezhilton.com/galleries/index.php?pgid=147115

Celebrity Scientologists--a couple surprises

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2011 7:37:37 PM PST
Gini says:
Sandy ~
That's quite a list! I did not recognize Linda Blair....does Tom Cruise's nose seem to be getting bigger and bigger to you? Sorry, but it does to me! He isn't as good looking as he once was and not really that old. Gini :)

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 8:46:49 PM PST
Fantastic says:
Hi to my buddies here,
Due to a pressing family issue (it's always something - sigh), I haven't been posting as often as I used to. I used this forum to RELAX when things were rough in my life (which they ARE right now), but if things are rough here too, I may just use another mode of communication.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2011 9:20:47 PM PST
The Weez says:
Polly,
Yes, it does always seem to be something doesn't it? But don't give up on posting here. We all love you. :)
Hoping for better times and that your family issues are resolved.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2011 9:23:51 PM PST
The Weez says:
Gini,
How funny...Tom Cruise's nose seems to be getting bigger. Do you suppose he is doing a Pinnochio?? Stop that lying you silly bugger!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2011 9:27:38 PM PST
Fantastic says:
Thank you, Louise. It just seems to always be something. As soon as one issue is resolved another one arrives. Hopefully, it will be settled one way or another soon because I'm feeling really sad and stressed out right now.

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 9:50:50 PM PST
Gini says:
Polly ~
I'm so sorry....I hope it will get better quickly. Prolonged stress is so hard to handle mentally and physically. My very best to you....Hugs Gini

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2011 9:52:08 PM PST
Gini says:
Louise ~
My personal opinion he lies to his wife...wifes. He isn't who he is pretending to be. Gini :(

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2011 10:22:12 PM PST
The Weez says:
Gini,
He's probably also lying to himself....very sad. There has been talk about him for years now so it's just sad. Just like there was talk about Michael Jackson and others. It is probably a million times harder for people in the spotlight to have a life or live their life honestly.
I thank my lucky stars that I don't have people looking into my private life. They'd no doubt die from boredom. Ho hum....oh, no, she's started another book...this time a Tami Hoag thriller. What is her problem?
I don't have a problem, I just really like Tami Hoag. :)

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 10:31:58 PM PST
The Weez says:
This is Part 2 of Perez Hilton's interview with Adam. I can't remember where I posted Part 1, oh well....
http://perezhilton.com/tv/Chatting_With_Adam_Lambert_Part_2/?ptvid=354213bbb2fcd&category_id=newest&category_start=0&category_end=4
I am getting to the point where I like Perez even if he is wearing those pink snuggies. One must not judge!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2011 11:43:23 PM PST
ForeverCliff says:
Louise, thanks for the link. Liked it when Adam said he's dating 1 guy right now. :-]

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 11:53:50 PM PST
ForeverCliff says:
If anyone has any suggestions on how to get to sleep after a deer smashes up the front and side of your car I'd greatly appreciate it. No one hurt, and the deer got off the road ok. Still too shaky to sleep. Wish someone else was online tonight.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2011 3:34:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2011 4:27:09 AM PST
Good morning, Jan. I hope you're feeling better now. I can relate...That kind of thing can be quite nerve-racking. What helps me when my nerves are racked is to meditate or lay quietly in the arms of someone special.
I'm glad you didn't get hurt. I wonder about the deer, though. It seems he might not be doing too well if he smashed up a car like that. Love and peace to the deer, too.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2011 4:25:14 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2011 4:26:17 AM PST
ForeverCliff says:
thanks Bec. I know you are serious, but that wasn't my thoughts for the deer at all a few hours ago. But I do hope its not suffering somewhere. I was just happy the deer wasn't dead in the road for someone else to hit. I guess we would have had to call the police to find out what to do with it? You'd think their moms would tell them not to run out onto the road. Instead they seem to be drawn to headlights. I get to suffer now lol. Appraisers, deductibles, time without the car while its in the shop. Thank goodness it was our newer car (Hubbys) with full coverage. My car only has liability on it. It would have been a total write off probably. Or one of those "tie the hood down it ain't gettin fixed" cars. I can't imagine what the total will be to fix this mess.

There goes my tax refund

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2011 4:36:34 AM PST
I'm glad you've got full coverage. That will help. I live pretty close to a park where deer run around. I've seen them by the side of the road, and once one ran in front of me. It's not a road where the speed limit is high, though, and that helped. I had a little time.
Yeah, it's good the deer wasn't laying in the road for someone else to hit. I have to get going to work. Have a great day.

Posted on Feb 16, 2011 8:07:22 AM PST
Natalie says:
An Odds & Ends kinda question.......

Are the "new replies" messed up for others? Last night (and still this morning) I would see "x-number of new replies" on a thread, click on it, and there were no new posts. Still happening here.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2011 8:10:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2011 8:11:45 AM PST
Exile says:
Amazon is playing games today with the posts. My posts werent appearing the Classic Rock forum so I typed them again and then 10 minutes later both of them showed up..etc..

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2011 8:13:53 AM PST
Happening to me too 5:15....will have to keep a close eye on the games today:)

Posted on Feb 16, 2011 8:16:39 AM PST
Natalie says:
Thanks, you two.

I'm gone! Catch you later!

Posted on Feb 16, 2011 8:20:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 16, 2011 8:22:29 AM PST
HEPHAESTION says:
Polly...Life is like spitting in the wind,it always comes back on you....problems, the day to day stress of our lives can take a terrible toll,i hope you can find the right balance in your difficult days because no matter what,these times will soon pass to a better day...hep.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 16, 2011 8:20:44 AM PST
Exile says:
GEL. more than usual? LOL ..I'm shocked that Skynyrd is taking such a hit. The small group that are playing the games are NOT fans...lol

Posted on Feb 16, 2011 8:21:33 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jun 23, 2011 4:10:33 PM PDT]
Discussion locked

This discussion

Participants:  33
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 5, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
For Your Entertainment
For Your Entertainment by Adam Lambert (Audio CD - 2009)
4.4 out of 5 stars (902)