Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Elizabeth Cook Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 28, 2012
I bought this for my 55 gallon heavily planted tank
before i had dual coralife 48" 2 bulb 24 watt fixtures and plants were MEH
now i have a jungle
ok here we go pros
high output
good build quality
standard size to fit under canopy
4 6700k bulbs included
4 led night lights
seperate dual balasts
cons
this sucker gets HOT HOT HOT
no built in timer c'mon odessy for the price u could've added a cheap digital timer
led NIGHT LIGHTS are junk (didnt care about these as i wanted a plant light )
no fans ( HOT HOT HOT )
flimsy wire hangers
summary
if you want a t5 ho light fixture for a good price and are not expecting all the bells and whistles
this is the bomb
it comes with bulbs and all seperate ballasts and a seperate transformer for the led's (junk,burned out after 1 month )
if you want moon lighting do yourself a favor and buy a dedicated strip but if your expectations are
just for a good quality plant light over your tank you cant go wrong at this price
i have one and im going to order another one but just dont expect a 500.00 fixture at this price
4 stars out of five
on March 23, 2014
This product is the bottom of the line and if you are going to have a saltwater reef aquarium you will find out that the hobby is not an inexpensive one. These lights will work for six months or a year if you are lucky before you will waste more money replacing the ballasts. Once you take one of these apart you will appreciate how cheaply these are made. You will replace them. The bulbs are poor quality. People write these reviews ten minutes after they set up the product. Don't fall for it. I had this product for 12 months and it worked. Now it is at the curb waiting for the trash collector.
on November 29, 2013
I've had these 2 weeks so far, and my plants seem to be doing very well. I was concerned about heat, but the surface does not get *too* hot. No major problems so far. Only minor issue is that the metal supports don't perfectly fit for a 48 inch tank. They are about 1 inch too wide, so your light may be a little slanted, but it's not noticeable when you're looking at it and doesn't really seem to affect the functionality.
on March 24, 2014
I am currently using this light on my 50 gallon planted tank. One thing I didn't realize was that the plastic shield had an opaque film on it. After about a week, I noticed the film and removed it. In one day the plants reacted drastically to the unimpeded light. I had a pressurized CO2 system hooked up. As soon as the film came off, all of my plants pearled bubbles! The only reason I gave this product four stars is because it does run a bit long. The actual fixture is 48 inches. If you have a 48 inch tank, consider getting something smaller. I currently have the fixture sitting on the tank edge. I have a glass top, so I am not worried about it getting wet. It may put the light closer to the water than some people would like though.
on July 31, 2014
For half the price of a comparable name brand this packs plenty of light for my 90 gallon bow front tank. Moonlights are weak but I consider that a good thing. You only can see them when the room is pitch black, the way moonlights really should be. Only gripe is that the cords could be longer. My tank is 29" high and they barely reach the power strip in my stand. Perfect for 55 or 72 gallon tanks.
on January 14, 2016
I have had my light for about a year. When it came to replace the bulbs for the second time, all the bulb clamps broke. Soon after one ballast failed. Overall, a nice light for the price. I have replaced it with something that cost more than double the cost. Great starter!
on December 19, 2012
I ordered this light on a Thursday, and it was at my door step on Friday when I came home from work. I don't know much about fish tank lights, it was a gift for my boyfriend, it met all his specifications and was a SUPER great deal compared to the other retailers we were looking for. He was completely 100% satisfied! So was I, I would recommend this to anyone looking for a great deal and service!!!
on September 11, 2015
Great light for the price. Doesn't get too hot. One bulb was out upon delivery, but replacement shipped right away without question. Will recommend light and seller to others!
on March 7, 2016
great light. works wonderfully and shipped quickly.
on November 10, 2015