4.0 out of 5 stars A novelty for the Port aficionado
Published on November 25, 2009 by Potpie55

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea!
Published on April 2, 2008 by real gypsy girl

4.0 out of 5 stars A novelty for the Port aficionado, November 25, 2009
This review is from: Oenophilia Porto Sippers - Set of 4 (Kitchen)
Ok, I love port and had to get these glasses to try them out. The feel very elegant and add a new dimension to tasting port as you can sip the port from the bottom. These glasses are very delicate and they arrived without any damage. I would warn you about two things. 1) They are delicate and should be handled with care. The glass straws could chip easily, they are well constructed... Just delicate. 2) I would rinse these out as soon as you are done using them...

Overall: Good Price, fast shipping, damage free delivery.. Cool glasses.. A nice novelty

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea!, April 2, 2008
I loved the idea of an "old time" way to drink port. These are VERY delicate. There IS a difference in how the port tastes because it is consumed from the bottom (less oxidation) and the "straw" causes the port to flow across the tongue for a delightful sip. There is a BIG issue though ... they are not stable at all. The legs are too small, short and too closely placed - these tip over with little assistance! Good port is a terrible thing to waste! Nifty novelty that people notice in the cabinet though and everyone asks to try them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Sippers, December 20, 2011
This review is from: Oenophilia Porto Sippers - Set of 4 (Kitchen)
These are not as "delicate" and "small" as some reviews would leave you believe. I almost didn't order. I'm glad I did. They are glass. So yes, they are breakable. They are not thin brittle glass. Yes, they are smaller than a wine glass, that is why they are called "sippers". They are great and I'm glad I ordered them!

5.0 out of 5 stars will recommend, January 11, 2013
This review is from: Oenophilia Porto Sippers - Set of 4 (Kitchen)
I received this as a christmas gift. and use it as a cordial glass. Enjoyed it so much purchased other to use as a gift

5.0 out of 5 stars A lot smaller than expected, January 25, 2013
This review is from: Oenophilia Porto Sippers - Set of 4 (Kitchen)
Really neat design and great conversational piece. I bought these for my mother-in-law as a xmas present. She proudly displays them and uses them regularly for an after dinner port.

5.0 out of 5 stars very cute, January 11, 2013
This review is from: Oenophilia Porto Sippers - Set of 4 (Kitchen)
it is smaller than normal wine cup, but it is very very cute. It makes wine tasting more fun. Instruction says hand wash only.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for lovers of port, June 5, 2014
This review is from: Oenophilia Porto Sippers - Set of 4 (Kitchen)
It is now pretty obvious that the people that are complaining about the size of these aren't regular drinkers of port. Port is supposed to come in a small glass. These aren't novelty glasses, rather, they are appropriately sized for port wine. Try ordering it in a bar or restaurant and you will see. Also, I have had no problem with them tipping over unless they were bumped. Even less so, because I tend to just hold it in my hand until it is empty anyways. I love them. It makes me feel like Sherlock Holmes. I may also now need a smoking jacket to go with these... Sipping from the bottom with a tawny port seems to help fill the sinuses. If you are a true port fan, buy these, you will be happy. I saw some at Peppercorn that were not as nice and cost more. The ones at Peppercorn had smaller feet on them and looked like maybe they would be more prone to tipping. On a side note, I have a huge Roman nose. I love port, but my nose is not a fan of those tiny glasses... These sippers solve that problem!

1.0 out of 5 stars Good Looking Fake, March 11, 2013
This review is from: Oenophilia Porto Sippers - Set of 4 (Kitchen)
These glasses mimic the other brands with similar idea, however absence of certain tiny but important details render them useless.
First of all the sipping end is lower then the glass top which makes it very inconvenient to sip
Second the front legs are right under the center of gravity of the filled glass which makes it unstable - mine tumbled from the light breeze across the room.
My recommendations - go for better brands from Amazon or Wine Enthusiast

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these, July 25, 2009
pearldoc (Washington, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Oenophilia Porto Sippers - Set of 4 (Kitchen)
My husband and I were first introduced to sipping port from these glasses while on vacation in Sonoma County. These are great. They came very well packaged and none of them were chipped or broken, even though they appear quite delicate. We have used them both on our own and with dinner guests. The trick is to have a small amount of dark chocolate in your mouth right before sipping the port. It is delicious. Our guests have all enjoyed the novelty of sipping port this way and we enjoy it ourselves after we've put the kids to sleep.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, but Small, January 26, 2013
This review is from: Oenophilia Porto Sippers - Set of 4 (Kitchen)
these glasses hold about as much as a shot glass. I expected them to be bigger, but they are still cute and serve their purpose.

Oenophilia Porto Sippers - Set of 4