Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 85 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 14, 2010 9:11:45 AM PDT
srowe says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 9:53:16 AM PDT
Cornhusker says:
I thought this was a joke book made up to mock Obama. But it is real. Well, just in time for the midterms. Imagine that.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2010 1:39:17 PM PDT
GG says:
It will be released two weeks after midterms. Although I'm sure Fox Spews probably says otherwise.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2010 1:51:43 PM PDT
jay pister says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 2:09:25 PM PDT
Obama has given strict orders to not publicize his children.....unless he decides to make them the subject of a book and put them on the cover!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2010 2:30:25 PM PDT
Cornhusker says:
No, it will be publicized well before midterms and I think I have heard enough from Obama, written or otherwise, to last me a lifetime. He and Michelle love to put their children front and center to prove they are just 'regular' folk. Riiiight.

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 6:21:22 PM PDT
Let's see...a man from humble origins...makes good and honors his family. What a horrible role model. Grow up. If you don't want to buy it, don't.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2010 7:24:58 PM PDT
Cornhusker says:
Oh I agree. And what a success he was in the private sector. After conquering that and learning all about business he decided to run for state senate and then after conquering that and learning about all state legislation he decided to run for the US Senate. After conquering that and learning all he could in the few short weeks before he started running for POTUS, he managed to learn that giving the keynote address at the DNC is apparently all he needed to do. I mean without that, he loses the US Senate race goes back to making up lies about his father to conform to his books. So basically, he is really good at running for an office but once he gets there he is clueless. That really is impressive.

Oh well. And he is impeccable at throwing people who become a political liability under the bus asap. That skill came in handy many a time.

Posted on Sep 15, 2010 1:41:05 PM PDT
Optimism says:
This book sounds wonderfully inspiring, as President Obama continues to be in so many ways, depsite his detractors. This fine man is on another plane--truly presidential--and truly a gifted and kind soul, the likes of which I don't really see anywhere else on the political scene nowadays. I applaud him for also continuing to be such a good father. There's no dirt on this man, no matter how hard the righties try to find it. Good luck with that.

Posted on Sep 15, 2010 2:34:30 PM PDT
Cornhusker says:
LOL Another plane? Well, of course, he is a deity. I really did get a good laugh at your post. You truly do believe in Obama. That is kinda rare nowadays...and pathetic.
And the 'dirt' on Obama is that he is incompetent. Because, well, he is.

Posted on Sep 15, 2010 6:02:33 PM PDT
The government isn't publishing this? That's surprising.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 15, 2010 6:06:00 PM PDT
Trevor James says:
I don't think children books are marketed to you, sparky.

Posted on Sep 15, 2010 7:38:49 PM PDT
What Obama knows about economics could be published in a children's book.

Posted on Sep 16, 2010 10:50:08 AM PDT
I heard on another board that chapter one is dedicated to the "redistribution" of crayons.

Posted on Sep 16, 2010 5:43:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2010 5:46:03 PM PDT
Remember, we all must sacrifice for the benefit of Obama and all of our betters.

Let's start with our wallets and buy his heartwarming book written for his precious daughters. Do it for the children. It takes a village, you know. To line Obama's pockets with lots of cash. Do your part.

I know, I know. I am a racist neo-con hater with an IQ of 70 who is brainwashed by Rush Limbaugh and Glen Beck. At least I am not taking advantage of the evils of capitalism by using my power and prestige to make a profit. I wonder who is doing that? Hmmmm...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 16, 2010 6:06:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 16, 2010 6:07:58 PM PDT
June Light says:
Thank you, Optimism, for speaking my mind! I can not agree with you more.

Posted on Sep 16, 2010 6:31:03 PM PDT
MM
If you read the description...$ goes to charity, so your point is moot.

Posted on Sep 17, 2010 2:40:32 AM PDT
Gerrie says:

Posted on Sep 17, 2010 5:38:45 AM PDT
Doesn't he have better things to do with his time than write books? -like run this country.
Oh yeah-he is. Right into the ground.

Posted on Sep 17, 2010 8:19:36 AM PDT
Tubac says:
"of ME I sing"...

Posted on Sep 18, 2010 7:59:48 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 18, 2010 8:20:11 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 18, 2010 8:20:19 AM PDT
grazk says:

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 18, 2010 4:23:06 PM PDT
Inky says:
LOL...I guess it's the tea party reunion threat. Instead of listening to news tailored to retards with FOX induced ADD, think for once. The country is in bad shape because of corporations outsourcing whatever they can to third world countries while siphoning the wealth off the US and a few other small problems like corrupt managers, greedy banks, etc. And all the dumb little lemmings following what they believe is a grass roots movement are used by the Koch brothers in their personal war against Obama out of fear. Wake up, less governemnt was good in the Wild Wild West. With cities full of disadvantages people, you need government to keep the system from imploding soon, very soon.

Posted on Sep 19, 2010 10:55:44 AM PDT
it's a children's illustration book. Please stay on topic OK???

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 19, 2010 3:36:17 PM PDT
K. Andrews says:
Wow blaming corporations and foxnews for people not supporting Obama almost 2 years in, real original. The truth of the matter is Obama isn't a good president, in fact he is close to being one of the worst in history. Some of us actually read history and have studied economics and know what works. Obama hasn't. Try actually learning what makes an economy grow, and try turning off MSNBC and Larry King. I know it is hard for leftists to actually understand the truth, and think for themselves, but try it for once. It would be good for you.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  58
Total posts:  85
Initial post:  Sep 14, 2010
Latest post:  Jul 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters
Of Thee I Sing: A Letter to My Daughters by Barack Obama (Hardcover - November 16, 2010)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (320)