Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on June 2, 2011
Not much to say really. This mount is of good quality, seems to be made of nice hard coated aluminum. Fit my 1" DIA flashlight as well as the rail on my MagPul MOE illumination kit perfectly. I'm sure there are nicer mounts out there but for the money I think this is a great deal. I have no regrets as far as this purchase, and would recommend this mount to anyone.
on July 23, 2013
I bought four of these mounts for my surefire lights. These things worked great and my lights are on without any movement from my rifle or shotgun shock. Very cheap and very strong. You want disappoint.
on January 11, 2013
Mount has a good solid lockup except on the 4 screws that hold down the flashlight. They seem to slowly backout over time. Not a big deal to me nothing that a little blue loc-tite wont fix. All in all if you dont want to break the bank for a flashlight mount this is the way to go.
on May 19, 2013
Simple, and perfect. Holds my rather heavy light securely. I really like the big thumb screw too. For more permanent mounting I would highly recommend Locktite or I'm sure it will shoot loose.
on April 8, 2012
The good: The flashlight mount fits a 1" flashlight very tight, like a scope mount would. As expected the mount came with a hex key to mount the flashlight. If positioned at the front of the top rail on an AR15, the flashlight throws the light beam clearly, with only a slight shadow from the muzzle, but this is to the bottom right (for right handed shooter) where it is of little consequence.

The bad: The nut that holds the mount to the rail was too large for the threads, and thus was stripped while HAND TIGHTENING it. I will not bother trying to replace this through the merchant or NCStar, I will just find a correct size nut at the hardware store.

The ugly: The mount is bulkier than I would have liked. While it does not obstruct the sight picture, it is still a distraction.

Final thoughts: For the price I would buy again, but if I had more money to spend on a Flashlight mount, I would buy a Troy Industries.
Mounted a Streamlight Polytac LED to the front left rail of my S&W AR and lined it up perfectly so that my thumb can move just off my MOE vertical grip to touch the button for flash-on or press it for full-on function. It really is a great fit and a solid mount, and it puts the light in a perfect place for my thumb's quick and easy access. No wasted time at all... light on in milliseconds.

The mount is solid and it holds the light very firmly. True, there is no quick release... but that's OK, it is a good mount for a great price. Marked Aimkon.

Recommended
review image
on December 8, 2014
For the price I would buy this again the only thing is you need a quarter to tighten the mount. Good piece , solid and just the right height for my thumb to hit the back of the light while holding the vertical grip. When it gets warm out will see if it holds up under fire from the SCAR (screws coming loose , etc.)
on August 7, 2013
These always seem to come in handy. I didn't really need it, but it's one of those parts you will need someday so I grabbed one while I was online.
I currently have 2 in use at present. Great quality and value.
on December 14, 2012
For the price, this is as good as more expensive simular products. It holds a tactical flashlight on my Ar quad rail. Very sturdy and well made.
on June 6, 2013
It's very sturdy. Easy to take on and off. Only fits one inch flashlight. Solid threads.would buy this produce again.