Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 2, 2013
Being an avid gamer, I was stymied and even angered over the transition to in-line on-off and volume wheel on the 360 headsets. I would use the mute switch as a push-to-talk, since I am often coughing, sneezing, eating, talking to other people in the room, etc. With the online, I had to stop playing and fumble for a switch ALL THE TIME. I didn't think you could get the old style plug-mounted assembly, like this one has.

But I COULD. This guy sold me a SOLID, 100% perfect condition plug-mount controls 360 headset and I am freaking OVERJOYED. If you're doubting that it can be a real thing at such a low price, cut it out and believe it.
on June 5, 2013
Its a 1st gen head set. Because the voice volume adjuster is on the controller that means you don't have to fumble with a long cable to find your settings.
on July 13, 2013
I received this product very quickly, and it works great. I was very excited when I saw the price. Again, works great. Very happy with my purchase.
on April 24, 2013
I bought these headsets because they were cheap not expecting much, but they are actually very good. If you're thinking about it, just do it. Can't beat it for the price...
on February 12, 2015
I bought this, new, specifically to talk smack to N00BS on XboxLive. The product shipped relatively fast and the quality seemed alright. However, about 2 months after receiving my product, the earphone "padding" came off and wouldn't stay back on after trying to fix it. Without the padding the earphone is pretty uncomfortable to wear/use so I just used the microphone. After a hiatus from video games for a few months, I find that the microphone doesn't work properly anymore so I trashed it.

Final verdict: for such a low price I definitely should've known the quality wouldn't be great and definitely should've treated the product like the fragile thing it was. I would buy again, at a low price, and expect it to break easily if not handled delicately.
on April 10, 2013
Don't know why they changed the headsets but I love the origonal. The headset came in 2 days...very nice I like!!
on February 2, 2014
The headset was a little higher in cost than I thought the base headset would be but it wasn't bad. The headset arrived and it is a little small and the curve in it is pronounced so it digs a little and causes discomfort in lengthy gaming sessions but it performs just as I expected the base headset to person. No static in the sound and the mic picks me up clearly without grabbing a lot of ambient noise. If you are looking at this product I assume you as just being economical and as long as you expect the standard headset, you won't be dissapointed.
on November 18, 2015
These are still my all time favorite headphones. They just WORK... and the thumb button action makes it super easy to mute myself (rather than having to reach up to a cord). keeps me in the game while I'm coughing. :)
on December 10, 2013
This style is MUCH improved over the "old" style where the volume/mute control was in the middle of the cord: the volume and mute control on this one is where it plugs into the controller, meaning you don't have to slide your hand up the wire to find the control: it's just right there on the controller itself.

Only complaint is that it feels "smaller" than the old style... or maybe my head has gotten bigger?
on December 3, 2013
This is the same headset I assume you get with an XBOX or part of another package. I've had my XBOX 360 for a number of years and have no idea where my original headset is. I don't do much online gaming, other wise I would have bought something nicer, maybe wireless for a little extra. This does the trick perfectly. Good sound quality on both ends. This IS a Microsoft licensed headset and not a cheap knockoff.