Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on April 5, 2013
I was originally going to buy this since it's an 'Official' replacement. The reviews are good and I am guessing that many people were satisfied after they received their new power supply. I hated this price for just that piece of the xbox. Read somewhere that it was $35 from the Xbox site/microsoft store. Looking around, couldn't find just the individual piece. Eventually I came upon a link for ordering repairs/replacements from the Xbox service.

Finally, found the link to order the power supply for just $35.00.

I suggest that you just buy the item here to save the money. I posted up a link before but they removed it. Here it is again, I will try to keep it updated, just removed the spaces. myservice . xbox . com
You will have to register your product before you can order any of the pieces from xbox. Which was easy, it's right on the back of your xbox. After you buy this item from them it's a total of $38.15 due to taxes. Still a better deal.

Just a Note; It usually stops working because of the overheating and the failure of the fan inside the power bar. If you buy the special Torx bits to open it up and periodically clean out the product then it increases the longevity of it immensely.
2020 comments|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 23, 2013
Considered purchasing this here but concerned about the price as well. Called Xbox support 800-469-9269 to check the price there. They base the order from the serial number on your Xbox system to ensure you are getting the correct power supply. Brick and cord are $35 including shipping. Careful!! Ordering directly from manufacturer this time was a MUCH better deal and I know I'm getting the right product.
on April 14, 2015
It isn't what was in the picture and it doesn't fit in my xbox 360 S
review image
on July 11, 2014
Call Microsoft 1-800-469-9269. I pent 6 minutes on the phone and got a replacement for $32.93 total.
on July 23, 2013
Replacements are $35 from Microsoft site, with up to a 10 day waiting period. I ordered this "next day air" from Amazon while I waited for my other one. Item came with a damaged air vent, which was not a big deal. When I plugged it in the LED would not come on. I tried my original cord with same result. The power brick I was replacing would still light up when plugged in. Tried another outlet and another XBOX 360S, and still completely dead. Disappointed I'll have to wait for the Microsoft site replacement. Item came in "bulk packaging". My concern is are these "refurbished" power bricks? If so, why is this not listed in the description? If they are in fact "new", what's with the quality control? Some gamers ordered this and were totally pleased, according to reviews. If you cant wait for a Microsoft replacement, good luck if you order this one. I did not luck out...
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon September 27, 2015
I am writing on my phone and don't see a way to upload a photo, so will try to do that later, BUT, when comparing the old part with the new part, there are noticeable differences in the Microsoft lable, specifically, the UL symbol and all the Microsoft writing is missing. There are also 2 bar codes on the old lable, one bar code on the new one. When you hold both units end to end, you can see there is a plastic shield on the old one. But you can see right through the new one. Very suspicious to be that different. You can also see a slight size difference and it feels like a slight weight difference. And, the new part is not fixing the problem with the Xbox. The missing UL logo is what caught my eye right away. I thought that HAD to be on the product if sold in this country. I have to wonder, with all the differences, if this is a knockoff.
on May 28, 2015
I received the power supply yesterday but it is not as shown in the picture and, therefore, is not the correct one. The one pictured has two circular prongs on the plug which goes into the XBox but the one I received has only one so does not fit.
on May 8, 2016
This works perfectly for my needs. I've had it a while now, and it is still working perfectly. No loud noises, no overheating, which has been common among the replacement power cords that I have bought for my xbox. I'm very pleased with it.

New update...at exactly 2 months and one week, this bit the bullet. No noises or overheating as fair warning, it just died. DEAD! Red light came on and that was it...

My original cord lasted for years, and this hasn't even outlasted the crappiest knockoff I ever bought, which clocked in at an astonishing 5 months. I curse this power supply, and the box it shipped in on!
on August 25, 2015
Wish I could give zero stars.
I had to replace my old adapter cause everytime I'd turn my xbox on it would turn right back off. It wasn't my xbox, thankfully. So I saw this Microsoft replacement and thought 'hey, this outta be better than the last 3 I've had to replace in a year'.
Nope. This item shipped to my faulty. I was so excited to be able to use my xbox again when I got it this morning but sadly this was not the case.
The cord that plugs into the adapter and into an outlet was way to loose for the adapter so it wouldn't stay in properly. I tried to remedy this with my husband's xbox cord. That one fit but it still pulled the 'hey, I'm going to turn off for no reason' bull.
His adapter works just fine in my xbox so I'm pretty upset that I spent what I did for a broken POS.
on July 25, 2013
Thing was bricked with a red line instantly. Didn't work at all so I just went to Microsoft directly like everyone else was saying and got one for cheaper. Save your money!!