4.0 out of 5 stars Case for Nintendo DSi XL
Published on May 16, 2010 by Nancy J. Boyle

3.0 out of 5 stars Case needs to be improved!
Published on May 21, 2010 by JBRS

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Case for Nintendo DSi XL, May 16, 2010
Nancy J. Boyle "Nancy J. Boyle" (Pompton Lakes, New Jersey USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I received my Nintendo DSi XL from my husband in early April. I am a "case/protection" type of person and was not thrilled when it seemed that very few, if any, companies had any accessories for the DSi XL. I even went to Walmart and and Target and found nothing. I received this kit last week. It has several items that I needed and some that will be good to have on hand. These items are actual "Nintendo" products and not generics.

There is a car cord, two "on board" styluses (one burgundy and for some strange reason the other is black). There is a burgundy "pen" size stylus (exactly like the one that comes with the XL), which is great because I really like that stylus and so many times, I thought I lost it (I now have a set of light, simple neck straps, that work well because there is a small hole on top of the pen stylus) many times. I really wish Nintendo had found a way to somehow snap this pen stylus "on board" the DS XL! A set of stereo "ear buds" that actually stay in place. Set also contains a couple of game cartridge cases.

When I first got the System, I could only find a "generic" set of screen protectors. One night I was playing some games and noticed that all of a sudden it seemed like the stylus would not work no matter what I did. We read the manual and the only "fix" was to remove the screen protector on the bottom screen of the unit. When I did that the stylus began to work. I previously had a Nintendo DS Lite and that never happened to me before. I assume without the protector, the screen will eventually get scratched. This starter kit has Licensed Nintendo "Screen Protectors" which I am trying now.

The only reason I gave this kit 4 stars is that I had a great deal of trouble trying to get the case to go completely around the unit and zip closed. It was more than skin tight. My husband finally got the unit into the case and got the case zipped up. We did the same thing every night for a couple of days and eventually it NOW is somewhat easier to zip. HOWEVER, there is no wrist or neck strap AND the end of the zipper pull is solid so it is difficult to attach one. I did have the neck rope type thing I used on my Nintendo DS Lite, BUT the case is so tight I have to remove the strap and cannot fit the pen stylus inside for travel. Overall it is OK and for the price, you DO have some necessities that you will need.

Hope this helps!

3.0 out of 5 stars Case needs to be improved!, May 21, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
Bought this package at a clearance discount due to someone returning it. I know now why they returned it - the case doesn't fit the DSi XL well at all - I feel like I'm squishing the R&L buttons when trying to zip it. Due to the discount, I basically paid for the car charger & protector screens. Protector screens are awesome - my kids didn't even notice I put them on and the touch response hasn't changed at all!

2.0 out of 5 stars DSi XL Starter Kit, May 18, 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I received my DSi XL Starter Kit today. (May 18, 2010) The service was great. It wasn't supposed to arrive until early June. I would have been happy to wait until June for a well-designed carrying case.

I was tempted to return it. Most of my Mother's Day gift certificate money was wasted. The carrying case is pitiful. The DSi XL barely fits into it. I don't intend to use it. I have a small zipper cosmetic case that will be better - and, it will also hold extra games and a large stylus.

The car charger, ear buds, screen protectors, and game cases are useful accessories. So, I guess I'll keep them. But I am very disappointed. I love my DS lite and now my new DSi XL, but I think Nintendo dropped the ball on this starter kit package.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless, February 4, 2012
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Official Nintendo Starter Kit for DSi XL - Blue (Video Game)
Don't waste your money on this bundle, go ahead and buy a hard case or the 20 in 1 kit. The only thing of any value in this bundle would be the car charger. The case is a softcase that only holds 3 games and one extra stylus and the little one at that. The large pen stylus has no slot, the wipe cloth has no slot, and the screen protectors are so difficult to put on you you end up messing them up and they are useless. For the money, by the 20 in 1 kit or get a hard case, extra stylus, and car charger seperate from this. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the ear buds produce very low quality sound, you have to turn the volume all the way up to get 50% sound of $20 Sony Studio earphones. So you end up buying another hard case to protect it for any travel and another set of ear buds and when you loose the stylus because you have no where to put it you have now spent the $20 for the Starter kit, plus more than the 20 in 1 kit with a hard case to get what you really need.

5.0 out of 5 stars They thought of everything., July 1, 2014
Great price! Everything arrived on time and in good condition. I didn't know very much about the game system. I would recommend this product , it has everything in it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need for DSi XL, April 13, 2014
This kit had everything I was looking for in one easy and affordable bundle. I especially like that it is an official Nintendo brand by Power A - no worries about incompatibility.

5.0 out of 5 stars love all the pieces, January 30, 2013
got this for my daughter and she loved having all the small little extra pieces for her dsi. she was able to use the kit in many different ways and when she lost the style she had several back ups.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great accessory kit for Nintendo DSi XL, January 14, 2013
M. Moreira (Bristol, RI USA) - See all my reviews
This item was purchased to use with the Nintendo DSi XL. This item has worked out perfectly, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has the Nintendo DSi XL. The extra game storage boxes are a nice additon.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product., October 16, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This kit is very complete, brings most necessary for an excellent price. I recommend the product is 100% original.

Este kit es muy completo, trae lo más necesario a un precio excelente. Lo recomiendo el producto es 100% original.

5.0 out of 5 stars DSI starter kit, April 23, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a great starter kit for the DSi XL. It serves its purpose and has great accessories with it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›