Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Color: Blue|Change

on May 16, 2010
I received my Nintendo DSi XL from my husband in early April. I am a "case/protection" type of person and was not thrilled when it seemed that very few, if any, companies had any accessories for the DSi XL. I even went to Walmart and and Target and found nothing. I received this kit last week. It has several items that I needed and some that will be good to have on hand. These items are actual "Nintendo" products and not generics.

There is a car cord, two "on board" styluses (one burgundy and for some strange reason the other is black). There is a burgundy "pen" size stylus (exactly like the one that comes with the XL), which is great because I really like that stylus and so many times, I thought I lost it (I now have a set of light, simple neck straps, that work well because there is a small hole on top of the pen stylus) many times. I really wish Nintendo had found a way to somehow snap this pen stylus "on board" the DS XL! A set of stereo "ear buds" that actually stay in place. Set also contains a couple of game cartridge cases.

When I first got the System, I could only find a "generic" set of screen protectors. One night I was playing some games and noticed that all of a sudden it seemed like the stylus would not work no matter what I did. We read the manual and the only "fix" was to remove the screen protector on the bottom screen of the unit. When I did that the stylus began to work. I previously had a Nintendo DS Lite and that never happened to me before. I assume without the protector, the screen will eventually get scratched. This starter kit has Licensed Nintendo "Screen Protectors" which I am trying now.

The only reason I gave this kit 4 stars is that I had a great deal of trouble trying to get the case to go completely around the unit and zip closed. It was more than skin tight. My husband finally got the unit into the case and got the case zipped up. We did the same thing every night for a couple of days and eventually it NOW is somewhat easier to zip. HOWEVER, there is no wrist or neck strap AND the end of the zipper pull is solid so it is difficult to attach one. I did have the neck rope type thing I used on my Nintendo DS Lite, BUT the case is so tight I have to remove the strap and cannot fit the pen stylus inside for travel. Overall it is OK and for the price, you DO have some necessities that you will need.

Hope this helps!
on May 21, 2010
Bought this package at a clearance discount due to someone returning it. I know now why they returned it - the case doesn't fit the DSi XL well at all - I feel like I'm squishing the R&L buttons when trying to zip it. Due to the discount, I basically paid for the car charger & protector screens. Protector screens are awesome - my kids didn't even notice I put them on and the touch response hasn't changed at all!
on May 18, 2010
I received my DSi XL Starter Kit today. (May 18, 2010) The service was great. It wasn't supposed to arrive until early June. I would have been happy to wait until June for a well-designed carrying case.

I was tempted to return it. Most of my Mother's Day gift certificate money was wasted. The carrying case is pitiful. The DSi XL barely fits into it. I don't intend to use it. I have a small zipper cosmetic case that will be better - and, it will also hold extra games and a large stylus.

The car charger, ear buds, screen protectors, and game cases are useful accessories. So, I guess I'll keep them. But I am very disappointed. I love my DS lite and now my new DSi XL, but I think Nintendo dropped the ball on this starter kit package.
on February 4, 2012
Don't waste your money on this bundle, go ahead and buy a hard case or the 20 in 1 kit. The only thing of any value in this bundle would be the car charger. The case is a softcase that only holds 3 games and one extra stylus and the little one at that. The large pen stylus has no slot, the wipe cloth has no slot, and the screen protectors are so difficult to put on you you end up messing them up and they are useless. For the money, by the 20 in 1 kit or get a hard case, extra stylus, and car charger seperate from this. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the ear buds produce very low quality sound, you have to turn the volume all the way up to get 50% sound of $20 Sony Studio earphones. So you end up buying another hard case to protect it for any travel and another set of ear buds and when you loose the stylus because you have no where to put it you have now spent the $20 for the Starter kit, plus more than the 20 in 1 kit with a hard case to get what you really need.
on January 14, 2013
This item was purchased to use with the Nintendo DSi XL. This item has worked out perfectly, I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has the Nintendo DSi XL. The extra game storage boxes are a nice additon.
on April 3, 2011
I've had this case and kit for my DS XL for 6 or 7 months now, and it has been working great for me. Since there are several items in this kit, I'll go piece by piece:

Case: I like to be able to put my DS in a purse or backpack without having to worry about it getting damaged, and this case gives me that peace of mind. It is sturdy and has protected my DS through many trips in my backpack and even drops on the floor. In terms of size, it's a bit of a tight fit, but I regularly place my large stylus and a game case in there without any trouble. I prefer cases that aren't too large, so this was perfect for me. It doesn't add much bulk to the DS, so I can still fit it in a small purse or a large coat pocket. Aesthetically, I'm not sure why they have the 2 patches on the front, and I think they look a little dumb, but no major complaints.

Game cases: It comes with 2 that each hold 4 game cartridges. They work well and are nice and slim. So far so good in terms of sturdiness. 4 games is about as many as I'd ever really need to bring with me at a time, so the capacity is nice.

Screen protectors: These went on fine. They fit the screens well and the touch screen response is the same as without them. Not really much to say about them. They don't seem to attract as much dust and debris as other screen protectors I've used.

Charger: Works well for charging during long car rides. Nothing special, but very handy.

Styluses: Again, nothing special here. I still have the 2 that came with my DS, so I haven't actually needed to use these, but I'm sure I'll lose the original stylus eventually and it will be nice to have extras.

Earbuds: I haven't used these much. The ear piece doesn't fit my ears, but I have fairly small ears and most earbuds are too big for me. The sound quality isn't anything to write home about, but it's good enough for DS games.

Overall, I have really enjoyed this kit and found it very useful. I really only bought it because of the case, but the other items have been nice extras.
on October 16, 2012
This kit is very complete, brings most necessary for an excellent price. I recommend the product is 100% original.

Este kit es muy completo, trae lo más necesario a un precio excelente. Lo recomiendo el producto es 100% original.
on August 6, 2010
I was disappointed when I received this. The case is ugly. The patches are off-center. They don't give you a good photo of the way the outside of the case looks. If they did, I would not have bought it. It also was hard to zip up over the DS.DSi XL Starter Kit - Wine
on September 11, 2010
This product should not be marketed for the DSi XL. The case is incredibly small and tight, not suited for the XL at all. It simply is not a suitable product.
The other accessories do not seem designed for the Nintendo, but rather are after-market odds and ends.
Not worth the money.
on December 10, 2010
THIS KIT IS DEFECTIVE. I purchased this from Amazon. One screen protector did not have any "stick um". The other was almost impossible to peel off the protector. The case is too small, the Dsi will not fit on the case.