Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Official Nintendo Wii Wheel - Black
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on July 27, 2011
I've tried this accessory as well as other remote wheels for Mario Kart. This accessory, while being the official Wii version, is good, there is no question. It fits with the remote perfectly and the quality is nice, yet I have a couple of problems with this version:

-The material lends to allowing sweat accumulation
-It is more uncomfortable than other versions of the remote (made of a plastic-type material)

Other than that, this remote is good, yet I would recommend that you look at the Nerf versions of the Wii wheel instead: the wheel is softer, just as functional, and the price is lower ($9.99 at the time of this review).

Hope this helps!
on September 13, 2011
This is an excelent buy option for enjoy the Mario Kart Wii, I buy it for my wife and both of us have lots of fun playing whit this, but it's a bit tricky to advance in the 1-player mode if you're used to N64 or Game Cube controllers, in that case it's better to play whit the nunchuk. For family/friends fun purpouse, this is a must.
on August 10, 2013
Well, what can you say about a miniature steering wheel? The thing you must ask yourself
when playing racing games: will I be more comfortable and competitive with this wheel?

The answer for me is, "Yes". I like it because when you hold onto the the wheel you have
much more to hang onto as you manipulate your controls. Using the remote alone can be
done but it didn't feel as comfortable or effective. The wheel does take some getting used
to but I had it down after a one hour session of Mario Cart.

The wheel is only 7 inches in diameter and the remote is easily inserted and dislodged into/
from the cavity with little effort. You, of course, must take the remote out of the rubber
jacket prior to inserting it into the Wii Wheel.

I think it makes the racing games easier and more pleasurable so I would recommend this 7
inch piece of plastic to help you enjoy and compete in your racing games. Look for specials
that include the wheel and a racing game together. They can be good deals if you can still
find them.
on July 25, 2011
It's only ten bucks so why get the best one right?! Compared to 3rd party versions, this one has the best quality control, didn't feel flimsy, fit great (have you tried others?!?) & no scratches on the Wiimote. This a no-brainer, LOL!
on February 6, 2016
My nephew was happy -- which meant so was I!

I'm not a game player. But my nephew is. And when I ordered some games for Christmas, one of them needed the Wii wheel. So Amazon came to the rescue. Ordered, delivered, and he was driving on Christmas. So far, all I've gotten was good feedback from Mom and Dad -- which translates into a happy child.
on April 1, 2013
No complaints at all.

~Name brand vs Generic~

This is absolutely better than generic not only for the sake of it being an original Nintendo product but it's actually much higher quality plastic than the generic brands and aesthetically looks better. This is one item I wouldn't go cheap on.

~Feel~

Big hands, small hands, women hands, whatever.. the wheel is a perfect size. It also is easy to grip

~Durability~

Both wheels have been dropped a few times on hard floor without even a scruff

~Texture~

It obviously has a mat finish which attributes to it not being slippery, also it means no fingerprints which is great

~ Clean-ability ~

It's very easy to keep clean, even in the nooks and crannies

~Functionality~

It grips the remotes perfectly, a little hole for the strap and a button on the back for acceleration.

Once you go black, you truly never go back. :D
on August 15, 2014
The wheels are not required, which I didn't realize. They make the game a little more 'real' but its just a piece of plastic. After a while my kids didn't even bother putting the remote in the wheel to play the game, they just used the remote on its own.
on August 25, 2013
Let me just say that I normally rate products simply of their own merit, but in this case, the Official Wii Wheel sufficiently loses out to off-brand competition that it must be rated by comparison.

At first-glance, the official wheel is a great product. It looks fancy, matches the wheels on the cover of the Mario Kart Wii game, etc, etc. But after springing for a cheap, off-brand competitor for our second player, I quickly lost love for the official product.

The bottom line? The official wheel is too bulky. Because it's made of quality plastic, the thing adds extra weight that can genuinely affect gameplay. And because of the fancy B button extender on the back, the button sticks out far enough that you have to be careful how to position your hand so you don't accidentally hit the brakes in the middle of a race (doubly an issue when you have to shake the remote for a boost in Mario Kart). Sure, you get used to it and can work around it, but simply having to develop a workaround hurts this product's rating.

Now for the comparison. The off-brand version I use was made by a company called Harma, but you can find it made by a dozen different manufacturers and sold in the bargain bin at almost every department store (here's an identical version sold on Amazon: Black Steering Wheel for Nintendo Wii). It's ridiculously cheap plastic, which is why it's so gloriously lightweight (it doesn't have to be quality, because it's just a holder, after all). The remote fits snugly, and best of all, the B button is tucked away where you can't accidentally hit it, but is STILL easy to reach when you need it. Two important things to look out for to make sure you're buying the RIGHT bargain bin wheel is 1) There's a window on the left side for the WiiMote's IR signal and 2) There's indents for your thumbs.

The bottom line: when it comes to Wii Wheels, go cheap. This official product is not the wheel you're looking for.
on November 19, 2012
Great Product.
Lightweight.
Easy to Use.

My 3+ year old love to play with it Cars2 or MarioKart, only took him a couple of day to learn how to control it, because is designed for bigger hands, but still he's able to get most of it.
on December 30, 2013
I decided to buy 3 steering wheels to go with my Wii Mario Kart purchase (bought it for my kids as a Christmas present), so glad I did, my kids and I have been racing each other on this game for the past 3 nights having so much fun! So glad I bought a wheel for each of us and these wheels are really good quality!