Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

on September 4, 2012
I purchased two Ireland Road Atlas versions for our pending trip. The AA has much more detail than the Ordnance Survey map in terms of road numbers (and number of roads) and color coding by road type. I found it to be much more useful in setting our itinerary. The Ordnance Survey is the official mapper for Ireland, and so both sets of maps are basically the same. But it's like one is in technicolor and the other B&W.
on February 26, 2012
Outstanding atlas style map book, durable and made to last. Locals consider this the top driving reference for those vacationing in Ireland!
on November 27, 2012
We used the Atlas on our trip to Ireland and it was far better than the map the car rental place gave us, and also better than some of the maps provided by the regional tourist bureaus. We were really happy that the towns were also listed in gaelic on the Atlas pages as we were in quite a few places where the signposts were in gaelic ONLY! Recommend getting this Atlas to anybody who plans a driving trip to Ireland.
on April 9, 2012
just as advertised, just what we wanted to tour ireland by car! also arrived quickly and well-packaged, very happy with it!
on July 27, 2012
I bought the 2012-2013 version of this book. The book measures 10.5" X 9" (27 CM X 22 CM). It has 78 pages of maps and the place name index is 20 pages. The inside of the front cover is a map of all Ireland with a grid showing the page numbers of the detail maps. There's a chart of mileages between cities. There's no tourist-attraction info in this book at all (other than I's marking tourist info offices and P's for parking areas). It's road maps, period. It can be a bit difficult correlating roads on a map you are leaving to the roads on the map you are entering as you flip between pages, so it's a good idea to also have a big folding map to get the big picture (like the Michelin map which I also bought). I haven't seen any other atlases of Ireland, so I can't offer a comparison. I have no complaints about this product, it did the job for me.
on October 25, 2013
This atlas was recommended in a travel book and I'm so glad I ordered it. It was a life saver for my drive through Ireland! It took a little getting used to how to use it, but after that it was great. I highly recommend it!!
on December 23, 2012
This book is Great! If you're planning a driving vacation in Ireland get this book for your planning and then certainly take it along. Great maps, accurate and easy to read. Makes planning a breeze. Can't be beat.
on July 1, 2013
I ordered the atlas on a Monday and it was in my mailbox on Saturday! WOW - sometimes packages within the US don't ship that fast!! I have flipped through the atlas and I can understand why it is recommended if you are driving around Ireland yourself. The maps are large and easy to see as well as organized nicely. I would highly recommend this atlas and the business, Read Ireland, to anyone traveling to Ireland.
on June 8, 2013
Shows a few more roads than Michelin spiral bound map. Does not note Mtns noted on Michelin map, and does not list as many villages. Michelin map marks scenic drives, while the Official Road Atlas is simply a road map. But Ord Survey does offer other map series which may be better suited for a 1st time visitor to Ireland. Disclaimer: I have visited Ireland 5 times.
on August 17, 2012
Not at all what I expected! Thought it would be in a different format. Map is difficult to transition from area to area, with many of the prime areas requiring a multiple page search. It is not user friendly for travel but ok for study. The Michelin Map is the recommended map.