Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Drowners Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on March 19, 2007
This is one very attractive coffee canister with just one problem. If you're chosing this because you no longer want your food and beverages exposed to plastic, you might want to stay away from this one. The inside area is made entirely of black plastic. However, if plastic isn't an issue for you, this could be your baby.

I am disappointed that amazon's normally satisfactory product description process didn't work here. This listing misrepresents the item by failing to mention the non-stainless interior which is a significant fact to many consumers. I returned my canister with my explanation that the quality was not as represented. I don't believe that they should charge their customers for any shipping or restock fees when they don't describe items honestly. Amazon rocks but this listing needs help!
on March 8, 2007
Hard to tell from the picture what size this is. I thought it was much larger. It would not hold much more than a 1/2 pound of coffee. Too much space is wasted for the filter holder section.
on February 10, 2005
It doesn't work, at least not for me. I was really looking forward to receiving this canister. Talk about "killing two birds with one stone." I bought this to hold fresh coffee beans, and was also delighted with the feature of housing the filters in the same container. The problem is that the canister is almost impossible to comfortably open. I think my hands are normal in size for a woman, but I can't fit my hand around the canister to hold it in order to open the top with the other hand. The "handle" on the top is slippery (as is the stainless steel body),and too short to get a grip on it. It doesn't screw off, but pulls off and since it's airtight this is almost impossible. My fingers kept sliding off-----notice I said fingers and not hand. Handle too small and short for my whole hand. This could have been solved if only they had made a hole in the handle large enough to either insert a hand or at least a few fingers.

No, afraid they'd better go back to the drawing board on this one. Loved the idea, but didn't like the finished product.
on March 4, 2014
I was so disappointed in this canister that I placed it right back in the box and drove to the UPS store within an hour of receiving it so that I could send it back ASAP. My main complaint was that on the lid and on one side the stainless steel was oddly discolored. I don't know if these were actual stains, or just some kind of leftover fabrication fluid that might have washed off with some effort on my part. It was very noticeable and should have never made it past any kind of quality control check. For this price, I expected better.

The canister is smaller than I expected, but would hold a 12 oz bag of beans, and maybe a whole pound of beans. The photo looks like it is round but it is oval in shape and the interior is divided - it has a narrow slot on the side of the coffee holding area to put the #4 size cone-shaped filters in. If you are using the fluted filters this is not for you, and even if you use the cone filters you will not be able to put a whole box worth in here. If I had kept it I think I would have been filling up the filter compartment weekly. The inside is black plastic, with a thin sheet of stainless steel glued on the outside to give it the stainless look. I think this is a sturdy canister and based on the reviews some people love it. But I found the top difficult to open, the size a bit small, and the blotchy look off-putting.
on March 13, 2012
Bought this for a gift and was wondering how it would fit coffee grounds and have room for the filters. I thought maybe the filters were under the lid. Well, it must be only for coffee beans and only a small amount. The filter holder takes up one side of the container and it's not for the kind of rippled filters that we use. It holds ones that are flat. The person we bought it for ended up using it without the lid for a utensil holder.
on January 21, 2013
great canister but I didnt realize it was for different coffee makers cuz of the way it was designed for the filter but use it anyway by laying filters on top of coffeebeans and not down the side... and it is great. Very complimentary in my kitchen.
on January 3, 2015
I mainly wanted it to keep coffee filters in shape. Come to find out they hold the flat filters. We kept it anyway for coffee. It is nice looking and very air tight. Also, attractive to look at on my countertop.
on June 26, 2009
good looking but the canister is difficult to re-seal when closing. The top doesn't seat comfortably on the base without some coaxing. Only size coffee filters that fit in the canister is a size 4.
on January 6, 2012
Love the look and quality. But coffee filters for a regular sized coffee maker do not fit in the filter compartment.
on June 18, 2012
Coffee beans and filter all in one place? Too good to be true? I was very surprised the description fit the actual item. The coffee filters slide right in. I was originally looking for a filter holder and stumbled on this item. Container holds enough beans for a week for me. Very pleased