Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Oggi Stainless Steel Tea Stick Infuser
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Melvins The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on January 31, 2011
The gadget is clever, but I was disappointed to discover a plastic "plug" at the bottom of it that didn't show in the product photo. As I avoid having plastic touch my food and drink as much as possible, especially immersed in something hot and acidic, I've returned them.

If you don't mind the possible long-term toxic effects, it really is a clever idea. Hopefully, in the future it will have a little stainless steel "bolt" instead of the plastic plug.
on June 25, 2010
This infuser is very cleverly designed, but it doesn't hold very much tea so infusion can be frustratingly slow.

Pros:
- Looks great
- Very clever design. One thing I noticed is, the slight separation between the cap and the barrel keeps the cap slightly cooler so that you can handle it while the infuser is submerged in hot tea. If it were a continuous barrel you'd burn yourself handling the infuser.
- There is a silicone stopper at the bottom which is removable for easy cleaning. The stopper also provides some cushioning at the bottom so you can use the infuser to stir your teacup without worrying about the steel edge ruining your teacup/teapot.

Cons:
- There are not enough infuser holes in the strainer, which makes for poor water circulation. So brewing tea is SLOW.
- The barrel has very limited capacity and is too narrow so the tea leaves are packed together. This reduces water circulation...another reason why infusing is SLOOOOOW.

Overall:
I probably wouldn't buy this infuser again, although it is cool looking. My suggestion to the manufacturer would be to make a fatter barreled version of the product with denser, finer holes. This would improve water circulation, provide more room for tea leaves to expand, and also make it easier to load/clean.
on December 12, 2014
A knockoff of the Gamila brand teastick, the Oggi teastick is a hard lesson in just how wrong a knockoff can be. Designed to look just like the elegant Gamila, but made of much thinner material, all of the edges (and there are a lot of edges) are knife-sharp. And this is a tool that requires a lot of personal handling to use, especially when loading and unloading the tea leaves. So unless you like your tea flavored liberally with your own blood, stick with the original, substantial and (why do I need to say this?) -- safe -- Gamila teastick. This one's going right into the Sharps bin before it kills somebody.
Edit -- the Oggi I got has no silicone/plastic plug; it's all SST. Maybe it's a newer model?
on January 8, 2015
Bought this to start infusing hibiscus flowers into my water bottle at work. From all the different reviews here I wasn't sure what to expect, but I must admit that I was very impressed with it when it came in. The build is very solid (considering that it's thin metal) and it was all metal, with no rubber parts as one review said. I have used it for hibiscus leaves several times in both hit and cold water and it works perfectly. The screen slides up easily and the hook at the top makes it easy to hang on my camelback water bottle, or fish out when I decide to just throw it in there on the go. Easy to fill, easy to clean. I will be getting a few more for some friends, the price is right and I think they would enjoy it as much as I have. Definitely a must buy!!!
on May 10, 2010
Good concept and looks sleek, but doesn't infuse all that well. The tube is too narrow to allow sufficient spread and soaking of the tea leaves.
on September 25, 2010
After doing countless research, I finally bite the bullet and purchased oggi stainless steel tea stick infuser. The contraption looks pretty sleak, but that's pretty much the only positive.

I used the stick to infuse loose leaf ooloong and green tea. The lid supposedly can be used as a "scooper" but filling the tube tends to be messy. Also, there is so little room in the infuser that the tea expands too much to let water flow through the holes.This made the tea leaves a waste.

Also be careful in washing the stick. The silicon stopper at the end is small and easy to lose down the sink drain.
on January 15, 2014
Perfect! Its easy to load with my favorite tea then ready to slide apart to dispose of used tea leaves & easy to clean up for the next cup. It also looks very classy. :-)
on September 11, 2013
More neato than functional. You need to have the correct shape of vessel to use these and they are a little difficult to fill.
on January 17, 2014
i thought i would use it more but as soon as i got it i stopped making lose tea. its ok but i wis more could fit into it.
on March 28, 2014
This fits plenty of loose leaf tea and works for my tall hydroflask water bottle which has a small mouth opening.

See 1 answered question