Top critical review
15 people found this helpful
Hot water, acid, and plastic?
on January 31, 2011
The gadget is clever, but I was disappointed to discover a plastic "plug" at the bottom of it that didn't show in the product photo. As I avoid having plastic touch my food and drink as much as possible, especially immersed in something hot and acidic, I've returned them.
If you don't mind the possible long-term toxic effects, it really is a clever idea. Hopefully, in the future it will have a little stainless steel "bolt" instead of the plastic plug.