Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Format: Hardcover|Change

on September 24, 2012
This book has everything going for it: a repetitive (but fun!) story and wonderful, bold illustrations. I knew "Oh, No!" would be a story time hit as soon as I read it for myself. The kids loved trying to imitate the quirky animal sounds and the dreaded "Ohhhhhh, no!" as I read along. Eric Rohmann's illustrations are absolutely gorgeous -- they are bold and charming enough to be easily seen from an entire room of children (they especially enjoyed pointing out parts of the tiger sticking out on each page).

Sympathy for the tiger or not, the story time families and I had a great time with this book!
on September 16, 2012
Oh no! A frog fell into a hole. Friends hurry to the rescue but end up in the same predicament. The ending is a cute surprise, though, for kids and parents. The rhyming and the cute made up words help hold a little one's attention, but the detail in the art is the most incredible feature of this book. Eric Rohman totally out did himself and each page is a true adventure. Children will discover something new each time they read it and the prose is interesting enough that a parent can read it over and over without going mind numb.
on October 6, 2012
This is a great book to read out loud. The repetition keeps the reader and listener anticipating the next victim of the hole, and gives the listeners a part in the story. The pictures with the tiger lurking makes the reader await what the tiger is up to. The elephant is the hero and the last pictures shows that the tiger lives to torment his neighbors another day. Oh No! is an exciting tradional story with a happy ending for all.
on October 19, 2012
At the end of the book all of the animals leave the tiger stranded. My granddaughter didn't like the ending and neither did I.
55 comments| 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2013
This book is a fun read. The flow and rhythm is great. Although the ending is not your usually - So happy ever after - it leaves room for a discussion. "What do you thin happened to the tiger?" "How should the animals acted?" I loved that and we have ha d a lot of unique talks about that mean old tiger!
on October 30, 2012
The cover and end cover are all part of the story. If you flip to the back page you will see that the tiger escapes. This is a gorgeous book with something a little extra.
on December 31, 2012
Bought this to read to our toddler. He seems to appreciate the illustrations.

I thought the story was going to be really interesting and entertaining. It was entertaining, however I wasn't thrilled that the resolution to the story is centered around revenge. Seems a little harsh for a children's book. Would have thought it would be a better choice if they decided to help the tiger out.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 6, 2014
Oh No! by Candace Fleming and Eric Rohmann tells the story of a group of animals that fall into a large hole one at a time.

The repetitive text makes this book a fantastic read aloud (I have my students say Oh No with high low tones each time it comes up). The kids love this story and ask to hear it over and over.

I recommend this book to kids 3-8 and it's a great one for classroom libraries (and music teacher collections).
on April 11, 2013
I bought it for my three year old. It is a little frightening with the idea of the tiger trapping and waiting to eat all these little creatures, but I try and play that part down. I use funny voices, silly "oh no"s and play up the hero! Beautiful illustrations and a fun rhythm.
on May 5, 2013
Our three year old daughter loves this book and asks us to read it over and over again. She does feel sad for the tiger at the end, but we assure her that the last page shows the tiger getting out of the hole. Great story, very creative and fun for kids to read along with.