Published on December 28, 2011 by Danielle M. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars We have enjoyed better
It was a cute book but we have enjoyed better.
Published 2 months ago by L. M. Heath-pilotte

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun take on The Night Before Christmas that animal loving kiddos will giggle through each and every page., December 28, 2011
This review is from: Oh, What a Christmas! (Hardcover)
Christmas Eve is here! Santa's sled is loaded with goodies and gifts for children around the world, but when the reins connecting his flying reindeer snap Santa is going to need some extra help. Fortunately for Santa he lands in a barn full of animals ready for a Christmas adventure in the skies! Before you know it the presents are delivered and there's a special surprise for Santa's newest helpers.

This is purely a fun enjoyable Christmas read for little ones and those reading it to them. Both of my children spend most of the book in fits of giggles as they watch the weary barn animals fly through the air helping Santa. Even though we don't stress Santa much in our home they do know that he certainly shouldn't be being helped by barn animals, but his reindeer. What we try to stress is that it's important to help however we can when someone is in need, which is just what the barn animals do no matter how confused they may be about accomplishing the task at hand.

This new take on the classic Twas the Night Before Christmas is incredibly delightful. Michael Garland applies his characteristic gorgeous illustrations to a fun adventure with Santa and an entire cast of weary but helpful barn animals. Oh, What A Christmas! is a picture book we'll continue to read each and every Christmas season as we strive to bring laughter and a spirit of giving to our home.

Originally reviewed and copyrighted at my site, There's A Book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Wonderful Childrens' Christmas Gift, July 9, 2012
This review is from: Oh, What a Christmas! (Hardcover)
I originally saw, and read this children's book at Hyde Park's gift shop. The story was so wonderful and illustrations so bold and colorful, that I just kept thinking about it. A few days after returning home I ordered it for my 3 year old niece for Christmas. It's never too early to start shopping for the holidays, especially when you see something as special as this book is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Pictures!, May 17, 2013
This review is from: Oh, What a Christmas! (Hardcover)
This was a very cute book, with nice, colorful pictures. Most young children would enjoy it. Even I did, as an adult.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun family read, January 4, 2013
This review is from: Oh, What a Christmas! (Hardcover)
An interesting tale about a Christmas Eve like no other. Santa and the reindeer get separated and after a crash, Santa and some barn animals have an adventure to last. The illustrations are breathtaking - so vibrant and real. It is a fun story that children will laugh at and want to read over.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for Little Ones, Too, December 16, 2012
This review is from: Oh, What a Christmas! (Hardcover)
Since this book is recommended for ages 4 and up, I thought it might be too old for my 21 month old but bought it anyway. He loves it. I shorten it a little when we read it, but he likes the pictures and understands the overall story. My son likes to say, "Ho, ho, ho," so he loves it when Santa says variations of this in the book -- "Ho, ho, slow down," and "Ho, ho, oh no," for example. My son requests this book every night at bedtime (and throughout the day), so I am sure we will be reading it even after Christmas is over.

4.0 out of 5 stars The grandchildren loved it., May 8, 2014
This review is from: Oh, What a Christmas! (Hardcover)
This was one of several books that I bought for my grandchildren. Unfortunately, most local bookstores no longer have the large selection that Amazon has. The kids loved the book, and read it several times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun new twist on Santa's big night out, January 9, 2014
This review is from: Oh, What a Christmas! (Hardcover)
Such a fun Christmas book. My kids enjoyed hearing a silly new twist on Santa's big night out. When Santa gets separated from his reindeer on Christmas Eve he gets help finishing his deliveries from a few helpful farm animals. It was exciting for my kids to read how farm animals were pitching in to help Santa. I used it as an opportunity to talk to my kids about the importance of helping those in need (just like the animals) and to not give up when things don't always go as planned. They laughed and smiled from start to finish with this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great story & illustrations, January 3, 2014
This review is from: Oh, What a Christmas! (Hardcover)
Great twist on a Christmas story - wonderful example of cooperation & sharing.
The illustrations are great!! Highly recommended as part of your Christmas story collection

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Book, December 16, 2013
This review is from: Oh, What a Christmas! (Hardcover)
A different but cute version as to how Santa gets around the world to visit all the children on Christmas Eve. The reindeer got detached from the sleigh and Santa ended up in a barn full animals. These animals were the heroes of the story as they led Santa's sleigh that night and got the job done! Colorful pictures and short narration make for a good before bed reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, story could have been better, December 31, 2012
This review is from: Oh, What a Christmas! (Hardcover)
I got this book because of the farm animals, which my daughter loves. Farm animals plus Santa, how could you go wrong? The story is cute but a little weak. The are lots of noise words like "boing, zip, pop" which give the opportunity for sound effects, which helps. It's a good story, I just expected more for some reason.

Oh, What a Christmas!
Oh, What a Christmas! by Michael Garland (Hardcover - September 1, 2011)
$16.99 $13.68