Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 26, 2009 10:46:45 PM PDT
I do hope it isn't as boring as book 7, in which basically all that happens is a tedious romance that I didn't care about at all, and Falion's friends taking a typically huge number of endowments and making two rescue attempts, both of which fail.

Meaning that NOTHING happened in book 7, I really hope this book is better

Posted on Oct 2, 2009 11:04:55 AM PDT
oh look, its available for pre-order now

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009 9:42:00 AM PDT
Publisher's Weekly is raving about it! The words I keep hearing are "Stark, dark and elegiac... For readers who like
philosophy and complex machinations soaked in mud and blood."

I think it's definitely worth a read.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 13, 2009 1:29:14 PM PDT
Oh I'll read it. I just have an odd feeling that nothing will actually happen. There will be some more rescue attempts for Fallion. Fallion will probably be broken. But then he'll be rescued and the rest of the book will be devoted to his 1-dimensional cardboard cut out romance interest woman working to restore his sanity.

The very end of the book will be a cliffhanger. The girl who loves Fallion, whose name I can't even remember, will guide his mind out of the darkness in some metaphysical vision will declarations of love and he will be drawn back to reality by "the light of her love" or some gibberish like that. Fallion will wake up just as the evil hordes of the Loci surround humanities final fortress or something. There will be a cute plot evasion. The book will end.

Mostly, I predict this book will be mainly Borenson/Myrimma and Fallion/[Girl whose name I can't remember] romantic nothings, interspersed with narrative scenes from the almost comically demonic bad guys.

I really, really hope I am wrong.

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2010 9:46:12 PM PDT
Dragonwolf says:
It sucked, but you were wrong about the plot though, it didn't have Fallion in it at all.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jul 26, 2009
Latest post:  May 5, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Chaosbound (The Runelords Saga, Book 8)
Chaosbound (The Runelords Saga, Book 8) by David Farland (Hardcover - October 13, 2009)
3.4 out of 5 stars   (36)