Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 22, 2011 4:02:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 23, 2011 8:01:00 AM PST
Uncle B. says:
Based on previous output by Mr Yoe, this is NOT going to be as good as it gets! He's not completist, he doesn't really care if the source material is second- or third rate. Based on page count this doesn't even have all the non-Disney stories the original Barks Bear Book got(ok, it WAS unauthorised, so what?)!
I think he just like to put up an impressive cv about authors he's put a book together about.
Collectors should beware.

Posted on Feb 15, 2011 7:06:59 AM PST
The description makes it pretty clear that this is just the Barney Bear stuff. I don't see your point.

Posted on Mar 10, 2011 3:20:54 PM PST
But the title is the same as another book which does include additional material, leading to confusion amongst old-time Barks fans. Disappointing, as I'd love to have the REAL Barks Bear Book in color. Oh well.

Posted on Apr 2, 2011 6:18:46 PM PDT
I'd take Uncle B's warning with a grain of salt... so far, the Yoe-edited books I've seen (Briefer's Frankenstein, Sagendorf's Popeye and the Ditko book) have all been fantastic. Blaming Yoe for the books not being complete collections is a bit misguided. Decisions like that are entirely the publisher's. Besides, a book containing all Briefer's Frankenstein would be pretty big, and a complete reprinting of Sagendorf's Popeye would be impossible, same with Ditko. I can't say whether the sources of all his books are good or not, but the aforementioned books have stellar reproduction. I, for one, look forward to this book. So should anyone who wants to sample Barks' non-duck stuff at an affordable price in a durable package.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2011 4:25:15 PM PDT
Sounds like a cool book to me. I've enjoyed Yoe's other books and have no problem with his work.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jan 22, 2011
Latest post:  May 29, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Carl Barks Big  Book of Barney Bear
Carl Barks Big Book of Barney Bear by Carl Barks (Hardcover - September 27, 2011)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (14)