Industrial-Sized Deals Shop all Back to School Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Disturbed $5 Off Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Shop Popular Services pivdl pivdl pivdl  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation STEM Toys & Games
Customer Discussions > Let Love in forum

Oh please....not Glen Ballard!!!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 30, 2006 4:55:36 AM PST
A. Wilkins says:
I'm a huge fan of the Goo but not of Glen Ballard. His fingerprints are going to be all over this album. He almost ruined the Dave Matthews Band on their 'Everyday' album. I can only hope John kept a firm hand on the production of this album. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 7, 2006 6:46:37 PM PDT
You and me both! I haven't completely hated what I've heard off the album so far, but I haven't loved it either. It sounds (so far) very "produced", which is the main problem I had with the Gutterflower album as well. There was awesome stuff on that album, but then it repeatedly got really, really corny and over-produced at the chorus. I'm really hoping that Ballard chose to go in a different direction than Cavallo rather than continue in that vein. But like I said, from what I've heard so far, I'm a bit worried that that is exactly what we'll be getting.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2007 7:33:54 PM PDT
Joy says:
Ballard is great!! I'm glad he hasn't faded away.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 19, 2007 4:40:33 PM PDT
Let Love In is a great album. The Goo Goo Dolls are my favorite group. Glen Ballard did a great job producing this album.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 1, 2007 7:31:13 AM PDT
M. Rybacki says:
Thank you for saying this. Glen Ballard is the anti-Christ in mainstream music. Honestly, if my own father was in a band, and Glen Ballard produced his album, I wouldn't even give it a listen. Everything he makes sounds so glossy / overproduced. He sucks the life out of artists.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Let Love in forum
Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Mar 30, 2006
Latest post:  Oct 1, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Let Love in
Let Love in by Goo Goo Dolls (Audio CD - 2006)
4.0 out of 5 stars (163)