Oil-Dri L90435 Compact Universal 5-Gallon Bucket Spill Kit, 5-Gallon Maximum Absorption Capacity
|Price:||$31.39 ($31.39 / Each) & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Universal spill kit provides two absorbent socks, 15 absorbent pads, an LDPE disposal bag, and a pail for use in the containment, cleanup, and disposal of water-based and oil-based nonacid liquids on land; 5-gallon maximum absorption capacity
- Two 4' absorbent socks with polypropylene skins and filled with polymeric foam to absorb liquid
- Socks are flexible to fit tight spaces, wrap around corners or machinery, and encompass spills to form a barrier that helps keep liquid from spreading
- 15 absorbent perforated pads made of chemically inert polypropylene and heat-bonded for strength
- 5-gallon polyethylene pail has a locking lid and handle for storing and transporting spill containment supplies
|Material Type||2 Universal Socks, , 1 Disposal Bag with Tie , 1 Pair Protective Gloves, , 15 Universal Perf. Pads,|
|Number of Items||1|
|Size||5 Gallon Bucket|
Specification for this product family
Most facilities that encounter leaks, drips, sprays or spills and are required to maintain a spil... See more product details
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The Oil-Dri L90435 Universal 5-Gallon Bucket Spill Kit contains two absorbent socks, 15 absorbent pads, and a disposal bag, comes in a 5-gallon pail, and is used for the containment and cleanup of water-based and oil-based nonacid liquids on land in industrial, automotive, and workshop environments, among others. This spill kit can absorb up to 3 to 5 gallons of liquid depending on the weight of the liquid. The spill kit's two absorbent socks have skins made of polypropylene for strength while allowing fluids to pass through to the absorbent filling. The socks are filled with polymeric foam to absorb nonacidic liquids and help contain spills. Each sock is flexible to fit tight spaces, wrap around corners and equipment, or to encompass spills to form a barrier that helps keep liquid from spreading. Each sock absorbs up to 1 gallon depending on the weight of the liquid and measures 3 inches x 4 feet (W x L). (W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; L is length, the horizontal distance from front to back.) This kit's 15 pads are made of chemically inert polypropylene to absorb liquid, and they are heat-bonded for strength. The pads measure 19 x 15 inches, absorb up to 9.85 gallons per 50 pads depending on the weight of the liquid, and are perforated for tearing in half for smaller cleanup jobs. This kit includes an LDPE (low density polyethylene) bag with a tie for disposing used products and absorbed liquids. This spill kit comes in a 5-gallon plastic pail that has a locking lid and handle for transporting and storing spill containment supplies.
Spill kits are used to contain, clean up, and dispose of spilled liquids such as water, oil, and chemicals. Spill kits typically include absorbent products (such as socks, pillows, and pads), a disposal bag, and a closeable container for storage. Socks are tubular fabric sleeves, commonly known as skins or sheathing, that are filled with an absorbent material and can be placed around a spill as a barrier to absorb and control the spill. Pillows are closed fabric bags that are filled with an absorbent material and placed on top of a spill to absorb the liquid. Pads are made of layers of absorbent material and are placed on top of a spill to absorb the liquid. Spill kits also may include gloves, safety goggles, and manuals, among other items. Common names used to distinguish different kinds of kits include Universal (for the cleanup of oil and water), Oil Only (for the cleanup of oil on land or oil in marine environments), and Hazmat (for the cleanup of aggressive liquids such as acids). Spill kits are commonly used in industrial, marine, and automotive environments, among others.
Oil-Dri Corporation of America manufactures products for the containment and cleanup of liquids such as oil, water, and hazardous chemicals. The company, founded in 1941, is headquartered in Chicago, IL.
What's in the Box?
- Polyethylene bucket with a wire handle and lid, 5 gallon capacity
- (2) Universal socks, 3" x 4'
- (15) Universal perforated pads, 19" x 15", 9.85 gallons/50 pads absorption
- LDPE disposal bag with tie, 33" x 43", 4 mils thick
Size: 5 Gallon Bucket
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Top Customer Reviews
Fast forward to yesterday, when I had a leak under my kitchen sink. I discovered it on my way out to work, so didn't have time to clean it up or investigate what was causing it. I ran down to the basement and grabbed a few of the pads, and basically threw a couple under the sink and one on the floor in front of the sink that was already getting wet. I hurried off to work, and fortunately was only a few minutes late.
All day, I kept just hoping it wasn't a worse problem than when I'd left it in the morning. I hurried home after work, dreading walking into my kitchen... and there were the pads now dry, my kitchen floor now dry, a lot of the water under the sink soaked up. Phew! What a lifesaver! They worked great and I'm so glad I had them on hand to deal with this - I suggest any homeowner who may experience water issues (which really is any homeowner) have one of these on hand just in case. For the price, there's just no reason not to.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Industrial & Scientific > Occupational Health & Safety Products > Hazardous Material Handling > Hazardous Storage Equipment
- Industrial & Scientific > Occupational Health & Safety Products > Hazardous Material Handling > Spill Response Kits
- Patio, Lawn & Garden > Farm & Ranch > Agricultural & Construction Machinery