Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on January 24, 2013
Great gauge, accurate and needle moves smoothly without any jerkiness common with non-oil filled gauges. Using with a Gast diaphragm vacuum pump to vacuum pack food items in canning jars with a FoodSaver T03-0023-01 Wide-Mouth Jar Sealer. Note: the photo is not the actual item but a pressure gauge. The vacuum gauge looks similar but 0 Hg is on the right side and 30 Hg (max) is on the left so the pointer moves counterclockwise as the Hg increases.
on June 15, 2016

on July 23, 2014
This gauge has a problem that I presume most (if not all) fluid filled gauges have. Note the picture of the gauge and the air bubble at the top. If you happen to need to read the part of the scale where that bubble sits, the bubble may cause a problem.

Rotate the gauge to put the bubble someplace else? Not readily done if the gauge is part of a rack of multiple gauges, or is mounted to something not moveable.

Refill the gauge with fluid? Maybe. When I got the gauge it read 3" out of the box due to pressure INside the gauge from the fluid. With the gauge upside down and the plug oriented 'flat', I released the pressure on the fluid by removing the plug. A very small amount of oil came out, the gauge then read 'zero' as it should...but I still got the bubble showing. I don't know you could put more fluid IN the guage and not end up with a pressure reading (uncalibrated gauge at that point).

I use a 4-gauge set to sync carbs on four cylinder motorcycles. */- .5" is what I sync the carbs to. I had hoped a liquid-filled gauge would be an improvement over the non-liquid filled gauges I have. The vacuum usually present in this situation would put the needle right at the top of the gauge and hard to read.

This gauge doesn't fit my intended application.

That doesn't mean there is something WRONG with the gauge. As long as the presence of the bubble doesn't cause a refraction problem while reading the gauge in a different application, this is a decent, well-built (nice metal case, sturdy face) gauge.
on June 6, 2016
I have this thing permanently mounted on a vacuum wine transfer system. But before I had it permanently mounted I was leaking glycerine everywhere.... keep this thing upright or wait to cut the nipple off. I also measured readings with a known vacuum with and without the rubber nipple cut and they did differ, so the gauge is definitely not designed to be used without that nipple able to vent to atmosphere. YMMV.
on August 10, 2014
The gauge I received was defective and needed a light tap when it hit 15Hg to keep reading the correct vacuum. Returned it and bought this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002ZJ4UKU/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_49
on December 22, 2014
Gauge was not zero out of the box. Vendor told me to open the plug on the back and it will zero. It did. Said there was an instruction in the box. Nope their wasnt. Using this on my boat for a filter vacuum gauge. Not sure how reliable it is yet.
on February 4, 2016
I love this guage, I installed it in my trunk permanently to display the engine vacuum all the time. Even though there remains a bubble of air at the top, the guage can be mounted upside down, or sideways so the bubble is not over the center of reading.It also adds something for children to stare at when they are bored and makes the dashboard look impressive.
on October 25, 2013
Very nice gauge, but it arrived with the glycerin level only half full, making the scale illegible. (There should be a small air bubble at the top, as shown in the product photo, to handle expansion.) No sign that any oil had leaked out in shipment. Rather than return it and delay using it, I got some pure glycerin and filled it up -- minor problem. Works fine now.
on February 28, 2014
This seems to be of industrial quality. I use it in my truck and it works well. I am not sure accurate the gauge might be, but the build quality is good. The material of construction is able to withstand some abuse.
on June 29, 2016
This gauge works perfectly, and is much better than the air filled version. If you're wondering whether you should spend the extra money for oil filled, trust me and go for it!! I had an air filled unit, and had constant issues with it, it actually had a slow leak that I was never able to fix. In addition to which it had a plastic face, this one is glass, and it just feels more substantial and better built overall.I'm sure the air filled one was fairly accurate, but this thing really gives me the peace of mind to know exactly what the vac pressure is inside my chamber. No more needing to flick it to get a reading!Super easy to install, use and read, even if you've never done it before. Just don't forget to use either thread tape or pipe dope and keep it only on the threads, don't get any on or in the small hole in the bottom of it.