Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 13, 2010 9:48:23 AM PST
Ima Fool says:
Have any of you tried the technique of "oil pulling"?
If so, have you noticed any improvement in your gums, teeth or general health?
The process seems sort of silly to me, but the testimonials both here at Amazon and online, have prompted me to want to try it for myself.

Posted on Nov 13, 2010 9:52:13 AM PST
Ima Fool says:
For those unfamiliar with the process, there are books, articles, You Tube vids, etc, describing the ways and whys Oil Pulling Therapy: Detoxifying and Healing the Body Through Oral Cleansing .
No, I am Not connected to this book, but would like to hear from anyone who has tried it.
Thanks

Posted on Dec 9, 2010 7:29:16 PM PST
I'm short on money would love to start this before reading book do you just use coconut cooking oil?

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2011 11:03:40 AM PST
ColdShot says:
es

and it has sped up my metabilism and gave me my energy back, besides cleaning/scavenging out the excess bacteria from my mouth.

yes it is weird, but who cares, the benefits outweigh the weirdness in my book.

and there is an oil pulling thread, but I'm looking for it right now....

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 10, 2011 11:05:43 AM PST
ColdShot says:
eat it...I use it to cook my fresh made hash browns, which means I grate the potato, then put it in the hot coconut oil...

I mostly eat the cream....not the canned coco lopez stuff for mixed drinks and baking, but the stuff in a jar, that you can just eat by the spoonful

COCONUT MANNA,OG

Posted on Feb 17, 2011 8:31:48 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 17, 2011 8:33:48 AM PST
h20 chaser says:
Try earthclinic.com for answers. It will go into the types of oil to be used. It's about one Tbls of sesame oil (you want organic unrefined). Some have used virgin coconut oil again organic and cold pressed. Put in your mouth and make sure to push between your teeth. Do not swallow! After 20 min spit out and rise your mouth. You will notice your teeth feel much cleaner all day!
Hope this helps.

Posted on Mar 7, 2011 8:16:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2011 8:17:28 PM PST
JD says:
I tried it for three days in the shower, about 10 minutes, and i skipped a day in between. I flossed and I had no more bleeding gums, and I have a particular area between 2 crowns that ALWAYS bleeds heavily. I was very surprised by that and I'm going to tell my friend about it because she has periodontal disease. I used organic sesame oil.

Posted on Jul 16, 2011 5:15:03 AM PDT
Penny says:
I have been oil pulling with coconut oil for only 4 or 5 days now, my teeth are cleaner and feel better. The only problem I have is trying to keep a mouth full of oil in the mouth for a full 20 minutes without swallowing. I can do it, if I shower, read or keep myself busy. Hoping to see other benefits soon.

Posted on Jan 25, 2013 1:10:44 AM PST
Kacee says:
I've got type 2 diabetes, and take metformin. I've noticed that my skin and oral health is deteriorating over the months, and wondered if there is a connection. My gums and cheek linings are permanently sore and regularly bleed. It's painful to use ordinary toothpastes and brushing is agony. I have just ordered a tub of coconut oil so will try oil pulling with this which hopefully may help.
I also have breakouts of nodular prerigo so will use the coconut oil on these areas too. Fingers crossed.

Posted on May 30, 2014 11:07:27 PM PDT
Here's my advice before you start oil pulling. Examine your teeth and gums with a magnifying mirror. Approx one week after performing oil pulling, examine your teeth and gums again. The chances are excellent that you will notice a great improvement in the appear of your gums and teeth. I have some minor gum recession in front of my lower gums. I'm going to do oil pulling twice/day for 20 minutes each time and continue for six weeks. I want to see if the gum recession improves. I once read about a lady who had severe gum disease and was on the verge of losing all of her teeth. She did the oil pulling and saved her teeth. So I'm going to see how well my gums improve doing this oil pulling twice/day for six weeks.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Nov 13, 2010
Latest post:  May 30, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Oil Pulling Therapy: Detoxifying and Healing the Body Through Oral Cleansing
Oil Pulling Therapy: Detoxifying and Healing the Body Through Oral Cleansing by Bruce Fife (Paperback - September 1, 2008)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (230)