5.0 out of 5 stars I Can't Stop Sniffing It!
I also bought this on the King Arthur site and when I saw it here, knew I needed to review it. When I got this, I was nervous because on the KA site, some loved it and others totally hated it. You can put me firmly in the camp of "love it"!

Published on October 14, 2012 by JwB

2.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to love this
Published 19 months ago by pele5474

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I Can't Stop Sniffing It!, October 14, 2012
This review is from: Lorann Oils Bakery Emulsions Natural and Artificial Flavor, 4-Ounce, Buttery Sweet Dough (Kitchen)

Scent wise, the best way to describe this is a mild buttery smell mixed with citrus (no particular one, just a general citrus scent) and vanilla. I have had to laugh at myself because every time I go to get something from my spice cabinet, I pull this out and give it a sniff.

In cooking, you don't want to (or need to) use as much of this as you would a regular extract. It's definitely stronger and too much would, I'm sure, lend an unpleasant flavor and/or bitter edge to baked goods. But when I used 1/4 teaspoon in a batch of cinnamon rolls, it added this undefinable flavor that everyone loved. I have yet to try it in other baked goods, but I can easily imagine it in pound cake, layer cake, certain types of cookies and possibly cheesecake and some types of home made ice cream. All in all, if you enjoy the scents I describe above, you will probably love this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just like a professional bakery!, February 18, 2011
I originally bought this product from the King Arthur flour website, but I'll glad to find this on Amazon. The aroma of this emulsion reminds me of yellow cake batter. I like to add this to my sweet yeast doughs and cakes. This gives my baked goods that extra "hmmmm, did this come from a bakery?" kind of flavor. I also use the Almond Baking Emulsion instead of almond oil. I find that the flavors don't taste diluted, once my recipes are baked. These products are a pantry staple.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, December 14, 2012
I make gluten free bread - which is delicious but of course doesn't have the same flavor as wheat bread. This adds a fantastic element to the bread!

5.0 out of 5 stars Over the top flavor!, November 3, 2012
This Buttery Sweet Dough Flavor Oil really takes your baking to the next level.....ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS! A little goes a long way in terms of flavor. You may never go back to plain old vanilla extract again.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful flavoring for baked items, January 27, 2013
I hadn;t tried this one before but love LorAnn so thought I would try it. glad I did, now have a favorite.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!!! You gotta try this!!!!!!, November 16, 2013
OMG!!!! Where have you been all my life??? I made a banana nut bread and added this. It added a wonderful flavor nuance!! I will definitely reorder this item and keep it in stock. I have not tried the Almond and Rum flavors (which I also purchased) yet, but if they are anything like this one, I am sure to reorder those as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adds a special something, January 14, 2013
If you enjoy baking this just bumps up the flavor a little bit more. Give it a try, don't use a lot as you don't want an artificial flavor.

4.0 out of 5 stars Smells like a bakery, May 25, 2013
This product is strong. It does add a distinctive aroma, like that of bakery made goods. Reminds me of old fashioned wedding cake icing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for Stollen, January 20, 2013
I added this to my stollen recipe this Christmas and it was wonderful. I think this would also be great for pound cake or cookies.

2.0 out of 5 stars I wanted to love this, June 28, 2013
I can't even describe the smell of this stuff but it sure doesn't smell like yellow cake or bakery items to me. (I wish it did!) I was so excited to get this stuff from the rave reviews but it just made the two things I've made with them taste weird. Maybe I need to half the amount or something because I don't want to waste it if I don't have to or maybe my baker friend will want it. Just be aware if you buy this it is VERY strong.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›