4.0 out of 5 stars Want beautiful hair? Try this.
Published on July 7, 2012 by Kernesha

3.0 out of 5 stars Was much better the old formula.
Published 18 months ago by lis de la marina

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Want beautiful hair? Try this., July 7, 2012
This review is from: Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treatment 3.1 oz (Health and Beauty)
I am af-am with very thick, coarse, curly, 3c/4a combination hair. I bought my first container of Ojon a few years ago and declined use because of the scent. I was also skeptical of its claims to repair damage as hair is mainly protein. I questioned that an oil product could function as anything but a lubricant in this respect. Fast forward to earlier this year, which is when I dyed and chemically relaxed my hair...after several years with no chemicals. I also started using a flat iron. Needless to say, my once healthy, shiny, and strong mane disappeared in an instant. What was left, even after repeated attempts to recondition, was a dry, brittle, frizzled mess. It actually resembled an old synthetic wig.

On a whim, I applied the Ojon that I had saved from years ago, roots to ends, and allowed it to work overnight. There seemed to be less hairloss than usual after washing and detangling. Then I tried it again one week later with heat. The addition of heat produced a huge difference in results. Let me tell ya, this product does so much more than any other oil product I have used. My hair is baby soft, strong, and my natural "luster" is back. Not "shine", but "luster"...;) Some of my curls have returned, defined and frizz-free - an unintended result. It is pricey, but just a little goes a long way. If you are "big-haired", like myself, section your head into four quadrants and apply Ojon to one, half inch section at a time.

In lieu of the wonderful results that I mentioned above, i must add that this is not a miracle product. Once hair is damaged it is damaged forever. But this product greatly improved the overall look and feel of my hair. I gave it only four stars due to it's price, but a trip to the salon costs much, much more.

I am very happy with this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars yes, definitely overpriced but worth it...., June 23, 2011
I've used this product for years and still love it. I've always put it in my hair before bedtime but when I got married, my husband couldn't stand the smell full strength, although he loved the smell of my hair after washing it (I also use the Ojon shampoo and conditioner, same scent). I have long, thick, course, wavy hair, which means incredibly frizzy if left to it's own devices and nothing else works like this stuff does. I've tried coconut oil, expensive olive oil, creams, foams, you name it. This stuff is still the best! Now I just put it on before a shower for a few minutes because I won't give this up. Oh, and yes it's overpriced, I completely agree with that, but you have to splurge on something!

4.0 out of 5 stars LUV, April 3, 2013
The original has been reformulated. Oh how I loved the original. Talk about shiny beautiful hair! This may be the older version, I'm not sure. Feel lucky if it is. I know a lot of people were turned off by the smell, but I loved it. It smelled like mocha java with a bit of a smokey tone.. very addictive. The results and smell were well worth the price for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leaves hair strong and smooth, April 25, 2014
After trying dozens of luxury deep conditioning treatments and oils to tame my daughter's dry, ultra curly hair, this relatively inexpensive treatment is one of my very top favorites. After one use, it left her hair silky smooth, moisturized, and strong as rope.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product., July 15, 2013
I recently got highlights in my hair and you know bleach is not the best for hair. I bought this product use it once a week and my hair is silky soft. I usually wear it overnight. I just put a towel on my pillow. It is not the best smelling product out there but my hair feels great. I would definitely recommend this product

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the lighter smell!, May 21, 2013
I first tried this years ago but did not like the smell even though it worked very well. My hair is very dry and frizzy so after trying all sorts of other products I tried the new lighter scent and love, love it! It was a disappointment that the wooden comb is no longer included but I ordered a wonderful little wooden comb from Amazon. My hair is much better now that I have gone back to Ojon.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST, June 7, 2011
i have tried a lot of products- this is great for long hair- put on split ends & leave overnight!

5.0 out of 5 stars What bad smell?, December 18, 2012
I bought this several years ago, and stopped using it because the price was just too high for me at that time. I recently needed something that would help relieve my dry scalp, especially in the summers. And this was the one thing I came across while looking for hair conditioners or oils that would really help. There is a smell to this product, but its not anything bad, in my opinion. To me it smells like caffeine mixed with some sort of berries. Its overwhelming at first, but after you open the jar after a few times, the smell will begin to dissipate. After it is in your hair, you wont even notice the smell. Anyways, this really helped to relieve my dry itchy scalp and it lasted all day. Also, this is great as a deep conditioner. Slop it on heavily, leave on for a good twenty minutes then rinse clean.

I would recommend this to anyone that has dry hair, dry scalp or just needs a great deep conditioner to replenish their hair every now and again. Tip: Rub between your hands very quickly until it turns into an oil, then apply.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rip off!, April 28, 2013
I bought this product alongside with the serum from Ojon (the serum works well). I paid over 70 dollars for the two but was desperate to get my hair healthy again. I have colored hair that is very thin and dry from coloring and using heat on it daily. I was so excited to use this product because so many people swore by it and the woman in the beauty store said this product sold out very quickly. I went straight home and used it. I went by the directions completely.

I was shocked to find the product is in a solid mass. I had to use a spoon to get it out (which was annoying) and no matter how hard I rubbed my hands to liquify the product there were still small chunks that were all in my hair. I had to use quite a bit from this large bottle and I have very thin above the shoulder hair. I let the product sit for about 30 minutes and then washed it out. My hair felt waxy in the shower and I had to shampoo twice to get it all out.

I saw a slight difference in my hair but nothing amazing or major. My hair was just a teeny tiny bit easier to brush through and there was a very small touch of smoothness after I blew dried my hair. I still had frizz and courseness to my hair and my ends were breaking. I was very disappointed and thought maybe I needed to use it a few more times before I saw results. The following night I let it sit over night and there was hardly a change in the way my hair felt and looked.

I was really disappointed and upset that I spent so much on this bottle and although it's the largest bottle you can purchase it was still small. I still have half a jar left and haven't used it because it's too much of a messy hassle and it doesn't deliver good results.

3.0 out of 5 stars Was much better the old formula., December 31, 2012
I bought Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treatment a long time ago, could be around 2 years ago, I had still some of the old one when I bought the new one very recently, and I felt the old formula was stronger and better, the smell was stronger and the color was darker, this new one is lighter color and the smell still smoky smell but with a little bit of perfume in it, like the company is trying to disguise the strong smoky smell adding some of other good scent in it. I mean still a good product but I don't feel it as good as the old formula. The smell was never a problem for me, it's true the smell is kind of strong smell, but really the smell goes away when you wash your hair, what I would do with a good smelling product without good results!!! the good smell isn't everything, especially with products for the hair and the skin, I really want on first place good results and second or third place the good smell.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›