Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM
asked by SpeedoNJ on December 19, 2008
Sort: Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
And if they stuck Sigma's Foveon sensor in it and it would be truly exceptional.
Sigma is the betamax of the digital camera world. Nobody's heard of it or uses it even though it is the best. Pity about the rest of the Sigma camera functions!
Dougbm answered on September 24, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
hd video would make everyone happy--i've been waiting for canon to pick up on that for a couple years now!
J. Larson answered on September 24, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Sep 24, 2009 8:25:19 PM PDT]

A
Dougbm answered on September 22, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I had no trouble making the choice for the LX3. The only real advantage of the G10 is the zoom range, and even though my previous camera was a Panasonic DMC-TZ5, with a fantastic 10x zoom, I never used it. The f/2.0 lens and the dynamic black and white mode sold me. Now that I have it I absolutely love my LX3.
Eli Jones answered on May 27, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I miss the days when the LX3 was only $399 or $419. It is now (absurdly enough) ballooned to $749 on Amazon, roughly $300 more than the G10.
OldAmazonian answered on May 13, 2009

A
Madameditor answered on January 2, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks !, Old amazonian, and Nikon fan...appreciate the input. Haven't made the choice yet, and will sweat out amazon on the LX3.
And then I found out that my sister is going to AC this weekend and can wrangle a "Nikon SLR" out of Tropicana- they're desperate for repeat business- so I'll play with that for a while. Must be a D40.
Happy New Year!
SpeedoNJ answered on December 31, 2008

A
I agree completely. We have a G-9 and LX-2. I love the interface of the Canon but the images of the Leicasonic are often a little cleaner. The G-10 is not as good as the G-9 IMHO and the LX-3 is a smarter upgrade (they tried for improved images, not pixel count). The paid reviewers generally agree that the LX-3 is better, but things could change in the next iteration. Someone (Steve's?) said that they'd wished Canon had used a sensor like Panasonic did. That would be close to an ideal pocket camera for me.
Kailua Steve answered on December 31, 2008
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
They're both great little cameras, and each has its strengths. I'd have a hard time choosing between them.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/Q408enthusiastgroup/page11.asp
OldAmazonian answered on December 28, 2008
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product