5.0 out of 5 stars Strong
I have two Okuma Fishing CD-80a's and two Okuma Fishing CD-55a, these are animals and take a beating like you wouldn't believe. I need to get a couple more for storage, before they realize that they have something and jack the price up.
I use 12lb Nanofil on the smaller ones and 15lb braid on the big ones, and I have not lost a fish due to a line break yet.
Published on September 11, 2011 by RJ

3.0 out of 5 stars DISSAPOINTED!
Published 14 months ago by Robert P Warwick

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong, September 11, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Okuma Coronado 40. Excellent !, June 21, 2012
This review is from: Okuma Coronado Baitfeeder Spinning Reel (Sports)
Unlike some other fishermen out there I,m an OKUMA fan. While I have some more expensive brand reels, for salt water
applications, my Okumas never let me down! I have a few, including 2 Coronados, Epixors, Avengers, work very nice, never brake down. And for the price they come with, it's my go to brand when I need a very good reel at an even better price!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love baitfeeders., July 3, 2011
halibaitor (Long Beach, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Okuma Coronado Baitfeeder Spinning Reel (Sports)
I had been thinking about getting this type of reel for a couple of years. Now I don't know what took me so long to figure it out. I had been using conventional reels for years just because of their natural "baitfeeder" type of function.

The baitfeeder style reels by Okuma are the best of both worlds, and I'm thinking I don't want to use conventional reels ever again. Okuma's reels have tough drag systems, unlike most other spinning reels. Since they are spinning reels, I get considerably longer casting distance, yet at the same time I have the benefit of the baitfeeder function, which is required by the type of fishing I do. Add to that, the fact that this series of reels costs less than half of what a similar quality conventional reel would cost, it's a win-win situation. I absolutely love this reel!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine live bait reel, December 28, 2012
John D (Carlsbad, Ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Okuma Coronado Baitfeeder Spinning Reel (Sports)
Great reel! Line feeder works better than the Shimano Baitfeeder. I'm impressed, especially for the price. I recommend this reel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Quality Reel for the Price. Go Okuma Coronado series over ABF., May 23, 2012
This is a great high quality reel for the money. I own two shimano Baitrunners 8000 and 4500 and these reels are great, but for the money the Okuma for less then half the price on amazon is a better deal. Not as many bells and whistles but great Quality. Very sturdy, a little heavier because of the construction but better feel than the Okuma ABF series.
I originally looked at getting the ABF either 65 or 90, but decided I should check the reel out before purchase. Went to Walmart where the CD 80A was $106 in the store, checked it out and was immediatley impressed, was glad I ordered the reel for my dad for Fathers Day. I then checked out the ABF 65 and could tell instantly the quality was not even close, a lot of plastic and much liter. Two bails on ABF 65 are a nice thing to have though. After my visit to Walmart came back and ordered 2 more for me off of amazon, best price I could find anywhere.
If you are willing to spend the addional $25 dollars go with this reel. My philosphy is that if you spend the additional money up front you won't be disappointed later. I know my dad will be very happy and impressed with this reel. He always buys $30-40 reels that only seam to last 1-2yrs. If these last as long as the Shimano's that i have had for 5 yrs, this will be a great deal and I have no doubt they will.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, October 25, 2011
well have put the okuma to the test and have found it perform fantasticlly
have applied a little oil and grease to prevent mainatnence problems in the future
baitrunner works grat
great value compared to other brands

3.0 out of 5 stars DISSAPOINTED!, October 27, 2013
I have been fishing with Okuma fishing reels for many years. I purchased my Okuma Coronado Baitfeeder 55 in Feb 2013. I do a lot of Striper fishing in DE. I had a big fish take off like a torpedo and went to reel the baitfeeder feature and when I did the gear broke in the reel. Dont know if it may be a manufacturing defect or what? Now it will cost me additional $$$$$$ to ship it to Okuma and ship it back. I want to order another one and now the price went up on them. I will try this reel one more time. I believe in second chances. Needless to say I didnt catch the striper..Any feed back would be appreciated.

5.0 out of 5 stars Okuma Baitfeeder Coronado Spinning Reel, September 30, 2011
This may be the best spinning reel that I own, and at last count I believe I have around 20 or so. Very smooth retrieve, very smooth drag, sturdily built to withstand years of use as a big game freshwater live bait reel. I've tried casting lures with this reel and it works well, but not the intended purpose...where it shines as a live bait reel is when you no longer need to leave the bail open to allow fish to take line when running with a minnow. The tension knob on the free spool feature allows you to use it even in fairly strong current...all in all this is a fine reel at a fine price an I would definitely purchase again...especially if they offer a smaller version that I could use for walleyes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice reel for the price. Handles big channel cats., August 14, 2014
T. Zenner (Minneapolis MN) - See all my reviews
Nice baitfeeder reel. Handle is strong on this one (Avenger handle is weak).
No problems handling big fish under heavy loads.

My only gripe (where it lost the one star) is that the baitfeeder drag clicker
(the sound the reel makes when baitfeeder is turned on and line is being pulled
out) is too quiet. Mine actually made NO sound the first 3 days I used it.
Absolutely no clicking, and myself and 2 buddies listed CLOSELY under
very quiet conditions. When I got back from that trip, I put a question on
the Amazon page about this, and was informed that yes indeed the Coronado
baitfeeder drag IS supposed to click (I suspected that since my Avenger baitfeeder
drag clicks). Someone suggested I pull the spool, which I did. Then
I twisted the spool spindle a bit and voila, it started quietly clicking (17 clicks per
spool revolution).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product - Great Price, October 30, 2013
I picked up four of the blue/silver series a few years ago. Purchased two CD50s (15lbs) and two CD30s (10lbs) and loved them. This grey/gold series is even better; looks better, appears to be more durable and has an improved handle with bigger knob. The Coronados are an excellent buy for the money so if you are looking for great quality at a very reasonable price, this is the way to go. The CD50/55a can easily handle 20 lb mono test line if you elected to go with that. I will continue to put these in my inventory.

P.Terrell