5.0 out of 5 stars Okuma quality reel, VIDEO REVIEW
Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:31 Mins
OKUMA MAGDA PRO MA 20DX: VIDEO REVIEWS

PROS:
Line counter measures in feet
Stainless ball bearings
Smooth drag
Brass gears
Titan Graphite construction

CONS:

Not enough days to fish

Overall: Nice product, good price, reliable and efficient.

Here is a good rod to put...
Published on January 4, 2010 by Fishgriller

3.0 out of 5 stars Okuma Magda
It is a good trolling reel, it is a high quality product.
I've just notice a small gritting inside the line counter in one of the products.
Published 16 months ago by Gabriel Patrao Machado Valory

5.0 out of 5 stars Okuma quality reel, VIDEO REVIEW, January 4, 2010
Length:: 1:31 Mins

OKUMA MAGDA PRO MA 20DX: VIDEO REVIEWS

PROS:
Line counter measures in feet
Stainless ball bearings
Smooth drag
Brass gears
Titan Graphite construction

CONS:

Not enough days to fish

Overall: Nice product, good price, reliable and efficient.

Here is a good rod to put with this reel!
Shimano "Triton" TDR Trolling Rods Model: TDR-86M2B (8' 6" Medium)

Outdoor Chef Kurt

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice reel, November 3, 2009
I have 3 of them (1- MA-30DX, 2 - MA-45DX )!!!
No problems
Excellent for trolling. NOT FOR BAITCAST
Nice feature the feet count

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked well - Very happy with purchase., October 17, 2012
I purchased 2 MA-20DLX (Left hand retrieve) reels on Amazon prior to a trip to Lake Cumberland, Kentucky for striper fishing. I planned to use these for live bait fishing with shiners, using the line counter to get my bait down to the depth of the fish that were chasing schools of shad. All I can say, is the reel functioned very well, had no problems with it it at all except for finding one quirk of manufacture, which was the cap for setting the spool bearing friction is made with a left handed thread (probably true on only the left-handed retrieve models), so if you keep that in mind when setting the spool friction you are good to go. The drag adjustment wheel worked correctly, the drag was smooth. The bait clicker worked well and let line out on a bite without holding a fish back, and what was nice about the freespool lever is it automatically engages if you rotate the reel handle, so you don't have to remember to manually re-engage it like on older model levelwind baitfeeder reels (good reel for novices to use). There were a few times where the line counter didn't zero properly when resetting it, but it may work better with more use, as these are brand new reels and probably need some use to break them in. I did manage to get quite a few stripers and catfish to bite on these reels, and had no issues with boating them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better reel than the price would suggest, August 18, 2013
I found this reel to be a surprising value for the money. I am a bit of a fishing tackle snob. It has probably been 20 years since I purchased a reel without spending $200 + I recently have taken up Kayak fishing and was advised that unless you keep a leash constantly attached, it is not uncommon to loose rods and reels over the side. For this reason I purchased a couple of these Okuma Magda Pro reels. Until I get a good bit more experience fishing from a Kayak, I didn't want to chance seeing an Avet or Daiwa Saltist sinking to the sea floor.
I have been out several times now and am surprised how well these budget reels work. While the fit and finish of more expensive reels isn't there, the drag is surprisingly smooth and it releases and reels in line which is what we want a reel to do. If exposed to salt water, these do need to be rinsed well with fresh water soon after and lubricated often to avoid corrosion.
I also found that while surf launching, these are susceptible to sand getting within. The plastic gears of the line counter and sand is not a good mix so care should be taken. I have tested the accuracy of the line counters by pulling line out from goal line to goal line and found it only 10 feet off.
For moderate sized fish which wont be putting the drag to the test with excessively long runs and fresh water conditions, I think these hold there own against reels costing several times as much.

5.0 out of 5 stars great to fish with, August 28, 2009
This is just a great reel to fish with,the counter gives you the depth of your lure.
And if a fish makes a run you know how much and how far.And this reel makes it easy to control your catch. Get one now.

Tony DaCosta

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands down best trolling reel you can get for the money, December 12, 2013
TA (Washington, USA) - See all my reviews
Abbreviated version of below: Buy it you wont regret it, and personally it is the only trolling reel I will ever buy for future poles. You wont find a better reel for your money. Reels 3-4x the cost of this one are hardly any better and this reel leaves nothing to be desired.

I have only used this reel on the water for about 16 hours (2 trips) but I am still giving it 5 stars. The reel seems to be of very good quality, it was a great price for what you are getting (I believe i paid about $40), the line counter is absolutely great and makes setting lines out to the same distance easy as can be (plus gives you the piece of mind knowing your all out to the exact same distance, no guesswork). For me this is very beneficial because I am using it for trolling plugs for steelhead in Washington and having everyones plugs out the same distance increases the odds of a hit significantly (creates what I have heard referred to on many informational sites and youtube tutorials as 'the wall of death'... odd name but whatever works). The only thing that had me debating if I should give this 5 stars or 4 was the fact that I haven't personally had much fish time with the reel, but I decided to go with 5 based on the fact that I do know someone who has the same reel series (same reel but a size smaller with less line capacity but otherwise identical) and he has had it on his steelhead rod for several years now and he really likes it, it has performed just as well as anything else he has used, and he fishes on A LOT more than I do (probably trolls 16 hours a month and used to do much more and had this reel on at that time as well). Bottom line it is a great reel for the money and I don't see how you could go wrong with it. Without hesitation I will be buying one for each and ALL of my trolling poles from now on, thats how much I like this reel.

4.0 out of 5 stars Going to Canada, July 19, 2010
Bought a brand new troling real last year from Cabelas befor my trip to Canada. The drag failed the first day of the trip. I talked to some friends and they suggested this real because of it's ruggedness and its multi disk star drag. The modle 20 is a nice size but not to big. So far it works good in shallow water but will give it the real test in Quebec in August. I don't think it will let me down like my other reals.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice reel, September 5, 2013
This is A very good reel for the price. It performs as well as more expensive models. This is my second. The first is in its 6th year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reel for small fish., May 6, 2010
I have three of this reels and i never had problems.

Excelent to spanish macarel, dorado, red snapper, corvina, tuna and jureles.

Good product at excelet price

3.0 out of 5 stars Okuma Magda, July 18, 2013
This review is from: Okuma Magda Pro Line Counter Levelwind Trolling Reel (Sports)
It is a good trolling reel, it is a high quality product.