5.0 out of 5 stars OKUMA TU-150
The TU-150 is 15' long. It is 3 pieces. I own 2 and bought my 3rd on 11/9/10 on Amazon.
Published on November 11, 2010 by ARTIE STOUT

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid these rods.
Published on February 28, 2013 by Bill

5.0 out of 5 stars OKUMA TU-150, November 11, 2010
This review is from: Okuma Tundra Surf Glass Spinning Rods (Sports)
The rod is phenomenal. I recommend you litely sand all connecting points for the joints so that the sections do not stick together because they will... after sanding rub surfer's "SEX WAX" for surf boards around the connecting joints (inside/outside as applicble). This rod casts about 30% further than my 12' surf rods and I use it in extreme surf with heavier weights OR when I just want to cast as far as any human being can cast a weight and a bait...no kidding.... I am able to cast 12 and 14 ounce weights with this rod in extreme conditions and I can cast an 8 ounce weight so far I have had other surf fishermen watch in awe. I fish for Stripers and Blues on Long Beach Island N.J. and this rod is great. Clean it after every use, treat it well and enjoy it.
Put a good reel on it, big reel recommended as this is a big rod. Nice tip action does not lie, tells you when a fish is messing with your bait. It takes a bit of muscle and skill to cast this beast and I love mine (all 3).....they make surf fishing even more fun !. Enjoy !.
-ARTIE STOUT

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST, April 23, 2011
This review is from: Okuma Tundra Surf Glass Spinning Rods (Sports)
Great rod perfect for fishing off the shore and the lightweight and durable for any type of fisherman. I've been fishing for 15 years and i've found
no problems with rod and for the price you can't go wrong

4.0 out of 5 stars Can cast very far that is why I loving this rod, June 4, 2011
This review is from: Okuma Tundra Surf Glass Spinning Rods (Sports)
Pros:
It is long 15' and that gives better casting distance
The first guide has a large diameter so the line travels easily
Compared to other surf rods guide diameters are larger including the last guide which I believe adds more distance to the casting
Rod color white is better when fishing at night to detect bites without using bells or led light
Stronger rod blanks
Non slip thick rubber grips and their positioning is better for distance or power casting
The rod action is very good for distance casting

Cons:
Sections stick together extremely hard to remove
Guide materials tends to rust easily
Reel seat has a minor play to it further tightening will damage some rubber around it.
Pole is heavier and thick in diameter
Very short insert points in sections (probably cost minimization in manufacturing process) it is a major disadvantage on this rod
Short insertion points in sections may have made them fatter to make section joins stronger but sometimes totally impossible to remove sections

Rating:
4 stars

Experience:
My good experiences are tainted with bad experiences. I had virtually impossible to detach rod sections.
Drove few hours to get to the high tide in one of the best surfs ended up with rod sections stucked together with guides facing opposite directions.
Let alone that I could not even bring it back home as it not fit in the car without removing sections.
Word of warning when assembling do not press sections hard together it will create a vacuum (just like clapping with cupped hands). Make slowly and gently go in (bit hard though).

If sections stucked together then remove the reel completely and hold rod 70 degrees to the earth surface (10 o'clock facing west) from the bottom section then go shake the rod hard to loosen the joints.

If above did not work flatten out the rod on a table and lightly clamp the MALE section (WARNING do not clamp tight) use thick rugs on clamping area to avoid any damages to the rod paint work. Lightly make three taps around the edge of the joint in order to press the female section slide out use a very blunt object like a cold chisel (not a sharp object) and a light hammer.

Why I rate 4 is mainly due to reasonable prize and the action of the rod.

5.0 out of 5 stars big long rod, March 19, 2011
This review is from: Okuma Tundra Surf Glass Spinning Rods (Sports)
It's big!!!...but that's why you order it. For the price, I don't know how they can sell it for ~ $35. Surprisingly well made for an inexpensive 15' surf rod. Casts a mile, but not for someone with a cardiac condition, as you will work. I have it paired with a 30 lb. test Daiwa 9000C and with some practice, it will sling it past the far break +. Recommend for someone looking to try distance surf casting.

I usually surf fish in close with a grub or Gulp; perch, corbina, croaker, halibut on a light spinning rig ~ 6-8 lb test, 7.5 ft. rod. With this 15 footer I cast out a piece of bait, put it in a holder and then use the fun light tackle for perch, etc., while I wait for something further out to hit this rig and ring the rod tip bell. In SoCal that usually means a small leopard shark or a ray. Fun

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Surf Rods, July 3, 2012
This review is from: Okuma Tundra Surf Glass Spinning Rods (Sports)
I purchased 2 of these 15 footers and was well impressed on how they were shipped. Each had a box and was packed tightly with air buble packaging and each had a plastic bag to protect them. I checked all the rod guides and they were mint as well as the rod and reel but sections. Amazon must have listened to other posters where they had broken guides and shipping was not packaged well. They certainly stepped it up with what I received. First thing I done was take the suggestions from other posters and sand each connection point down a bit. They are hard to seat if not done and the sanding helps get them apart. I assembled both rods and man are they long, you do not know really how long 15 feet is until it is all assembled. It is a heavy rod but that is ok for river fishing for big catfish. The cost is incredible and with free shipping you cannot beat it anywhere. I currently am looking for a good pair of large spinning reels and am leaning towards the Okuma baitfeeders series or the Daiwa Giant. I have on them some old large spinning reels that have 60 lb braid, and with a 6 oz weight I can cast so far it is rediculous. The trick to casting this beast is let out enough line so that it is 3/4 the length of the rod, lay it on the ground underneath the rod then begin to throw forward loading the rod and release at the 11 o'clock toward your target. The rod loads up well and casts forever. Great buy and will buy a few more as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Okuma Fishing TU-150 TUNDRA 15-Foot 3 piece Rod, June 9, 2012
Tony Rollins (MANCHESTER, NH, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Okuma Tundra Surf Glass Spinning Rods (Sports)
Ordered the Okuma Fishing TU-150 this is a 15 foot surf casting rod. For the money this is impossible to beat the price!!! I have use the rod on two different days at the ocean. I used a 3oz sinker. Cast easily. If you can get a good knack, this rod zings the bait way out....Sets up easy, 3 piece makes the rod easy to carry. I use elastics one at the top end and one at the bottom end to sort of hold the rod together when going to and from fishing area. On warning when you are putting the 3 piece rod together, wiggle the rod pieces slowly into the male and female fitting. take your time. Try to allow the air to like escape that is getting compressed. You will find little trouble this way when you tear down the Okuma Fishing TU-150, 15 foot rod when you want to move or go home. If these pieces are places together fast and just pushed in, you WILL find yourself with a mated one piece or two piece fishing rod. Take some fine sand paper and just lightly sand down the male ends of the 3 piece rod, not too much, or when you cast so will part of your rod. This will help prevent the suction you will create by hastily setting up your rod. You will not be able to remove the pieces if you put this rod together hastily. TRUST ME. USE the sandpaper as needed on the male end of the 3 piece rod. Of course you will have only two male ends to worry about. And I would take this seriously. Besides that you have a $300 rod for good money........Love mine. I have 3 of these rods and will not take no when I ask someone to join me, the excuses get slim, when you have the equipment. And at this price, I feel great about the price and value. Rocky shoreline...this rod will keep your bait from getting jammed in the rocks with its 15 foot length

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid these rods., February 28, 2013
Bought three 10' Tundra rods. All had sticking problems resolved with powder. Each had at least one rod guide come apart with stainless steel and ceramic rings flopping on the line. Repaired with Super Glue, but this is not a permanent solution. Lost three Pompano rigs while casting one of the new rods before I noticed a chip in the ceramic rod guide tip. Tried to smooth sharp edge to no avail so removed it leaving the SS guide tip in place.

5.0 out of 5 stars 15' cast a mile, July 21, 2012
This review is from: Okuma Tundra Surf Glass Spinning Rods (Sports)
I love it. The best $35 rod I've ever scene.
I read others reviews b4 buying and poked a slit in the bottom to eliminate the suction people were complaining about and rubbed a little oil on the connections. No problems

5.0 out of 5 stars Okuma Tundra 10 ft spinning rod, October 2, 2011
Excellent rod for cast from bank, shore or a pier. Get a big reel, heavy sinker and go for the big ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Telephone Pole, May 31, 2013
I am not the best caster but a friend of mine was able to make it about a hundred yards on his first cast with about two ounce of wait and bait.

If you are sitting up on it you really have to strain your neck to see the end of it. However you can see any action, on a good rod holder I had to personally make, standing a little away fishing for bass and waiting for the cats to bite.

Breaks down easier than most of the previous comments. They must have taken care of that issue. Also fits inside of my extend cab 95 Toyota Tacoma when I need to stop in the store on the way to fishing.